Reviews for Kingdom of Ashes
acacia59601 chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Excellent chapter! I can't wait for the rest!
Animekitty47 chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
Ah-ha, I thought that line about Aragorn's kin being bereft of honor was familiar! :P I didn't realize this would be more than a oneshot. Both parts were good, though I like this chapter a bit more. Will there be more? Hope your doing well, we got 2 snowdays over here. :D
JuliaAurelia chapter 2 . 2/3/2011
I always ROFLMAO when Denethor is picturing Arwen as some Northern farm-wife! Good chapter, shows how Denethor figured out Thorongil's real identity.
Danielle chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
...And it's an interesting story. I think you've done well. Denethor is not a sympathetic character, certainly as portrayed in the movieverse, so I would imagine difficult to write against an all-too-heroic Aragorn in disguise. And we know so little about Finduilas as a character.

I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this.
Sarahbarr17 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
An interesting one-shot. I always find Thorongil an extremely interesting character.

Super writing, as always.

Hugs,

Sarah x
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
This first chapter almost makes me feel sorry for Denethor! I wish he had been able to learn from Thorongil, instead of being suspicious of him and envying him all the time - I'm sure his life and all people around him would have been much happier then. I'm sure it wouldn't have done him any harm to join in his wife's frolics in Dol Amroth, too. ;-) Poor Finduilas - her life with Denethor can't have been easy! It can't have been easy to write a story from Denethor's POV, but I think you're doing a great job!
Virtuella chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Perhaps not every story has to be 100% perfect. I wouldn't worry about it. It's an insightful piece, and it's good to see you taking on a different character.
hbvghjbg chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Great story! The details were excellent and very vivid. I do hope you continue this story!
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Great first chapter, I can't wait to read the rest of the story!
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
You may not be 100% happy with the story but I am. I ehjoyed it very much.

We really know little of Denethor from the books so I like these glimpses of his younger days. I bet Thorongil/Aragorn left a lot of women sighing over him.
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Interesting story so far! Greatly done.

Did I ever mention, I never liked Denethor...never...
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 2/1/2011
Love this! Glad to see it posted here.
27 | « Prev Page 1 2