Reviews for The Nectar of Gods and Demons
Latias876 chapter 11 . 6/4/2014
This is such a good story! XD Even though, I'm not a huge fan of EdWin, this story is one of my favourites! It's realistic, the characters weren't OOC (and if they were, it's understandable), there's suspension and a whole lot of stuff! I can't wait for the next chapter! :D
ec-writes chapter 11 . 2/5/2013
Very interesting storyline! I'm digging your ideas.
My Generation chapter 10 . 7/7/2012
Ok I hope you havnt given up on this story because I truly enjoy it and don't wish to go find another 1 and read that start to finish just so I can get my FMA fix. Everything about this story interests me from the villains to Ed struggling with his feelings for Winry. And now I find that u decided to stop updating at a major cliff hanger and frankly I just need to find out what happens lol. Hopefully you read this and feel compelled to write this story again which would be sweet.
AwesomeOliver chapter 10 . 5/11/2012
Oh and of course you end it with a cliff hanger like THAT! Lol this is wonderful! It's been so long since I've found a good actiony Ed/Win fic :) especially one this good. Please update soon! I'm looking forward to reading more
S J Smith-Evil Little Dog chapter 10 . 3/17/2012
A very exciting chapter!
Jiyoung chapter 10 . 3/14/2012
oooOOOOOOOoooo cliffhanger! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER :D
Vendelareader chapter 10 . 3/14/2012
I don't mind when the chapters are long, I love it when it's that way! Great chapter, the way you write is great as always and I can't wait to find out more about the yellow eyes!
BuggyNess chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Wow! loved ch1.

'35! How the hell are you moving that thing around?'

'Skill and raw manliness.'

So very "Ed"
Violetlight chapter 10 . 3/12/2012
I just went and read all 10 chapters of this story in one go, and I have to say, I like it. I think you have mostly captured the spirit of FMA - the political intregue mixed with mystery. However, I have some (constructive) criticisms.

Firstly, you just kind of glossed over how Edward got his alchemy back. Perhaps that happened in Creta, though it does not appear that you have written about Edward's adventures there just yet. I think maybe you should go back and give some further thought to this development, as I thought Edward losing his alchemy at the end of FMAB was an essential plot point. He had matured, had learned that you can't solve all the world's problems through alchemy, and had accepted that entirely. Also, that was the answer Truth was looking for - why it so readily gave Alphonse his body back. Such an important plot point deserves more than a mere glossing over, IMO.

Secondly, I have a few issues with your villains. The Card People seem too cartoony - evil for the sake of being evil, instead of the complexity that I have come to expect from FMA antagonists. Presumably, it's still early in the story, but still, the homunculi showed their complexity even in their first appearences. These ones, the Jack of Spades in particular, I half expect to yell out "Next time, Fullmetal, next time!" Dealing with those sorts of foes may work for Inspector Gadget, but I expect more from FMA, and anime in general.

Also, the comepletely bestial human chimeras pushes believability, especially in the Manga/Brotherhood universe, as ll examples of human chimeras in this particular canon *had* shown much more obvious signs of their humanity, and thus were characters in their own right, not just mindless minions.

I have noticed a few grammatical and spelling errors, mostly the kind of thing that can be made through excited writing and over-reliance on spell checkers. For example, I saw at least one instance of "dessert" when you meant "desert". I recommend going over your chapters again and correcting any such mistakes.

Now onto the pluses! (every good editor has to point out what the author has done well, not just what needs improving)

I like how in this latest chapter you incorporated the Tringham brothers into the Brotherhood/manga universe - they really do fit in seemlessly, and it's good to use useful elementals from the 2003 anime this way.

I also like how you are slowly developing Winry and Ed's relationship over time, rather than rushing into anything for the shape of shipping. It's far more realistic than most other Ed/Win fics I have read on this site. On that note, I don't think your story needs the M rating. T would be more appropriate, IMO, and might get you more reviews.

Overall, you have done what I thought was impossible - got me interested in an FMA fic with no homunculus in sight. Good job! I'll be looking forward to your updates!
ungoliantt chapter 10 . 3/12/2012
oh no! winry D:
Pinky Milky chapter 10 . 3/12/2012
That was so good! It was so interesting, then you had to end it! Oh, well it will give me something to look forward to.

-Bebe
cherrymelodie chapter 9 . 2/20/2012
This is one of THE best post-manga Fullmetal fics I've read! Keep up the good work! :)

Are there going to be any pairings in this?
S J Smith-Evil Little Dog chapter 9 . 2/3/2012
A very exciting chapter!
Vendelareader chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
I absolutely loved it, you successfully write down all the feelings Ed could possibly feel and he really stays in character. I would like more conversations tought and I would like to see some more cool fighting moments for Ed
Labradoodles100 chapter 8 . 1/15/2012
This is sooooooo good. Please continue. I look forward to the next chapter. Till then, good job and keep going!