Reviews for A Great Tale
FlyingLovegood123 chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
Wow. This was amazing. I think you really understand Mattie. Thank you for writing this.
saudade do coracao chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
I quite agree with the two previous reviewers. This was a very good piece that I can just see happening, except it was a bit hard to think of Mattie as a novel writer. I enjoyed it!
everyday-deeds chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
I really enjoyed this one-shot, it felt very in-keeping with the spirit of the movie, and I could see Mattie having feelings for Rooster in the way you described, though it's not what I would call a romantic love. You did a really nice job keeping Mattie in-character, and I could see her doing everything you described. Thanks for writing this!
Bad Luck Bree can't log in chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
First off, BEAUTIFUL! more Mattie/Rooster!

Just two nitpicky things -

Rooster is actually buried in the family plot, so she would also be buried there and still be next to Rooster

And they didn't use contractions then...again, just nitpicky things, but your style and structure was flawless! Absolutely stunning writing!
Metalfan616 chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
This is such a great piece of writing, I admit I've only seen the latest version of True Grit and never read the book but it seemed like you totally got inside the head of Mattie, she was such a great character. I'd love to read more True Grit stories from you
Captain Nny chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I adored this. Really lovely, you captured her so well. Fav'ed!
International-Wonderland chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
I enjoyed reading this. You did a wonderful job.
Yat chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Nearly crying now. This is beautiful and everything that I had hoped to find in a story regarding Mattie and Rooster's relationship.

PS. Mumford and Sons and True Grit work quite nicely together, don't they?
ShadeandthePonies chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
When I get sad and/or sentimental, my heart hurts. This story made my heart hurt. Badly.

Amazing job.
Jannie chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
A very lovely read. Well done. I've never read the novel, but judging from the movie I'd say Mattie as the independent spinster running a boarding house is very much in character. I liked how you captured her changing feelings as she grew older and as she shared her story.
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
It's very in-character, I think, or at least as in-character as Mattie can be. She was kind of bitter in the novel and in the 2010 version, but she never seemed fully fleshed out.

I really liked this. You kept Mattie's strength, you had Labeouf in there a little bit, and you had Rooster. And it was realistic. So, win/win XD Great job!
Blue Sky Rage chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
I loved this! It was written so well. The characters were real and fleshed out. The relationship that you perceived between Rooster and Ross was very believable!

Thank you very much for your story!
alysha813 chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
This is one of the best True Grit stories out there! I absolutly love it!