Reviews for You are gone
Alan wannabe chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
next birthday I will be 68, and I worked as an AIDS advocate and 'nurse' at that time in the 1980's. When I heard that Philadelphia had come out, I could hardly believe that some one was actually speaking the word(AIDS) dare not say it's name, at least in the mouth of Ronald Reagan. You are writing as if you really understand what it is to be the last one of a pair standing! So many were! I never met the one's who had conveyed the disease, but I held the hands and embraced so many of those boys who died in a time when they were reviled and despised! And tortured even by the medications they took! Thank you for this meaningful poem and view point of Miguel
Gilana1 chapter 1 . 5/29/2008
Wow, that was beautiful. I agree with one of the reviewers that Miguel probably would have written something more dramatic, because of how passionate his character was, nevertheless, this was a beautiful poem, and you could barely tell that it was not your first language by the poem. Great job; it was beautiful.
g0shawk chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
I just watched this movie - it was so sad! Great poem! I love that you did it from Miguel's POV.
Ragged Claws chapter 1 . 1/17/2006
Very blunt, but great. Once in a while it's good not to have something so airy-fairy. However, my only criticism is that I can't help thinking that Miguel would have written something more dramatic. His character is very passionate. Regardless of that, I still loved it. Well done.
Goldengel chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
Three years after you put this beautiful poem onto this page I see the film for the first time in my life. And I cried. And I suffered. It was a wonderful movie and your poem is really perfectly fitting to the movie. You caught Miguel's feelings so good and now I see that you are German and I could've written this review in German, but I'm too lazy and too sad to do so now, so you'll have to be satisfied with English... You did a really great job.
Yaki chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
löle!

sehr schön! *seufz* endlich mal jemand,der sich traut,in einer anderen sprache zu veröffentlichen!ich wollte auch schon immer mal eine fanfic in englisch schreiben,aber ich hab angst,zu viele fehler zu machen ;)!

weiter so!

namarie,yaki
purplemistrain chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
It was sweet sad and made a lot of scence, this was a really sweet poem, I really liked this one, I've only seen the movie a few times but I remember it. Good job.
Mr. Pooch chapter 1 . 2/9/2005
I really loved your poem, it almost made me cry at the end. Pretty sad, but I thought the end was happier. Really( I could repeat that a billion times), really, really good poem.
Murderbynuns chapter 1 . 7/15/2003
A good flim make you feel the peoples emotions and thats exsacly what this does for me
chibbi chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
I love philedalphia, it was one hell of an amazing movie although the ending was pretty sad. Still at least miguel loved him enough to stick with him to the very end, which to me definalty says he was dedicated and that true love never dies, as it quoted by Placebo

"Soul mate dry your eyes

'Cos soul mates never die"
Lea of Mirkwood chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
Hey, great poem!

I have to admit, I didn't come in here to read Philadelphia fanfiction. I came in here because this was a one-fic category. Since yours is the only fanfic in this category, I assume it was you who emailed the administrators about setting up a new category. I have emailed them, about a week ago, about setting up a category for the movie Young Guns. About how long did it take them to set one up? Do you remember? If you do, please go tell me in a review for Red Wine and Sand, on my account (Lea of Mirkwood, . ?userid174967) I and a few of my friends like that movie and want to write for it, but there is no category. Please tell me how long it will take them. It has been over a week...getting impatient. Thank you, and sorry if my request offends you. Your poem really is good. Even though I only know the general plot of this movie, and not much else, I can appreciate it. It's really good, and it takes guts to write poetry. That says a lot about you, and I respect it. Good stuff!

Lea
Renn chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
That was really touching and very good.

I would have never guessed you are german!
Bonnie Parker chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
A bit too literal in some places but overall fantastic... I cried at the end. As if it wasn't sad in the movie I've always felt never got personal enough with any of these characters... This got personal. And if the entire movie had been like this, I'd have been an emotional wreck by the end of it. So maybe it's best to leave the movie the way that it is, and this fantastic poem to itself too. I loved it.
darren shields chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
I love the movie philadelphia and the poem you wrote was beautiful. I really loved it! you should really write a fanfic on the movie, i will read it instantly if you do and i will probably reread it hundreds of times. if you decide to write a fanfic on the movie please email me i really want to know.
Capricorn chapter 1 . 9/25/2002