Reviews for Retribution
xdominoe chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
BLARRRGGGGHHHHHHH~

most amazing angsty piece i've ever read!

U B AWESOME 8D

~ Lily-chan
harusame11 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
whoa...that was scary...a wonderful read, but scary...i love it! lol
Tetsui chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
...And recommended. I think you handled this quite well actually.
grimdreamer chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
Hi! Thanks for writing this story. I think you made a good decision to write it from Kyouya's point of view instead of including everyone else's. To have done so would have slowed down the dramatic effect of the narrative and detracted from the pristine and calculating manner of Kyouya himself. I wasn't actually as upset as I thought, finding out that one of the main characters had actually died. It seems to remote, what with it being told in the factual way that could only come from Kyouya, but there was something grimly justified in Kyouya's reaction to the murder and I didn't judge what he decided to do in the end. All I know is that this was a clipped and professional account of Kyouya doing what people in positions of power would do to return the balance of justice in their own eyes, even if it isn't in the right way. I have to say that the mention of precise times and the way you chose to divide the scenes was effective. The sharpest one for me was the part where Kyouya commits the act of murder himself. I don't think the homage to Death Note was that clear. It's such a common line that the connection wouldn't have struck me at all, so while it's nice to know that a homage was your intention, I feel it would have been best to remark on "Just as planned" as inspired by Death Note in the Author Note itself. Also, it is a clever line, "Retribution... No one strikes the King with impunity." Again, I don't think you should have given that credit up to someone else. You wrote the story and that line is in your story. Unless you've copied it word for word and have cheekily bragged of the phrase being your own creation, to the point where you are hinting lawsuits at anyone who uses it without permission, then don't give that cleverness away to someone else. We all use the same words as other people, but the impact they make when we get the timing right in the best situation is what matters. Always remember that.