Reviews for The Torn Mask
Guest chapter 10 . 12/9/2014
Who knew that Valjean getting arrested a fourth time would yield better results than the original events in the last part of the book?! :)
I may actually prefer this over Hugo's original denouement. The original was great but I just like this better because of Happy&Free!Valjean :D.
Please update! I know it's already obvious that the three of them have just PWNED Tholomyes, but PLEASE give this story some proper closure! And maybe have Toussaint stay at the Marais, in spite of Nicolette. After all Both Jean Valjean and Cosette live there and both love her.
And of course thank you for writing this excellent AU story! I love it! Happy&Free!Valjean for the win! :D
Guest chapter 10 . 3/23/2013
Why didnt you updat? I loves it !
HectorDoesGoRug123 chapter 5 . 1/18/2013
I can't get enough of this story, I'm reading it again and again
Sarah1281 chapter 8 . 12/7/2012
This chapter was so powerful, especially the end of Cosette's narration and the last line. Just so much feels, really. About time they get a happy ending even if Cosette's biological father is apparently looking for her.
Sarah1281 chapter 2 . 12/7/2012
I hope that Marius will prove more understanding here since the idea of Valjean dying in prison is pretty terrible. Very interesting story so far.
BrandonMichelle chapter 7 . 8/25/2012
Cosettes real name is Euphraise, i think her real father would probably have used that instead of Cosette. Just an observation, the rest of the story is great.
PLEASEUPDATETHIS chapter 10 . 8/19/2012
what happened to you?! I LOVE this story, you havent updated this in like a year and a half! PLEASE continue it, it was so good I couldnt stop reading it! I would LOVE to know how it turns out and what happens to Cosette and all thats going on etc.
your writing is truly amazing! PLEASE update this!
actlikesummer chapter 10 . 12/5/2011
Ok so I know it has been a while, but please update! I am hooked on this story now. I love how much Marius protects her and cares about her.
Kaen Okami chapter 10 . 5/21/2011
The part I like best about this chapter is that it's Cosette who comes up with the plan, and not Valjean or Marius. I like how you don't portray her as a complete ditz like most other stories do. Please update!
animechika24601 chapter 10 . 4/29/2011
MORE! please please please please PLEASE write more!

PS: i especially love how evil tholomyes is-hes one of those characters you just LOVE to hate :)
animechika641 chapter 10 . 3/22/2011
AAAHHH DONT STOP! this is really, really, REALLY good!

one thing though: could you make the courtroom/tholomyes scenes a little more clear? i got a little confused (although its 11:30 at night, so...)
Citizeness Feuilly chapter 10 . 3/17/2011
Hmm..it won't let me sign in for some reason. But it's me!

I'm so excited for the new update...I had one quibble though.

"Like hell you're going to elope" - it's a great response, but it just doesn't sound Valjean-esque. He's too religious to invoke hell in everyday speech, I think.

Everything else was marvellous - and I love the fact that you've given Cosette an actual brain. While her two panicky protectors are freaking out trying to think of a solution, not including her at all, she coolly comes up with the only sensible suggestion. Well done...

And now, I'm going to be somewhat shallow and ask...if they're married in the eyes of the law, but not in the laws of the church...will they...you know...*consumate* the marriage? And, if you go on in the "TDOLITLINI" universe - Valjean's room will be right next to theirs. He could hear EVERYTHING that goes on. So with the threat of Tholomyes approaching - Valjean retires to his room, utterly exhausted and emotionally drained, planning on getting a good nights sleep - instead is kept awake by the sound of his daughter and son-in-law having sex in the next room.

It would hurt Cosette the first time, right? So maybe Valjean hears Cosette cry out in pain - and feels the total powerlessness of his situation. He's been marginalized - he can no longer protect Cosette from physical and emotional pain. That stewardship has instead passed to Marius - and Valjean maybe has a mean little thought that, "At least I never caused her any pain". Because, the way you've written it - the main conflict between Marius and Valjean is pretty much resolved, as they band together against Tholomyes. But there *has* to still be some tension between them - I've yet to come across a father and son-in-law who *don't* have at least some friction. And this would nicely provide it.

Either way, sorry for the rambling. I don't think it will have made much sense to anyone, but...ah, well. Great job, and I can't wait for the next update!
mizzy chapter 10 . 3/17/2011
Another brilliant chapter. I love how you portray all the characters and I'm interested as to what Tholomyes will do next! Update soon!
lesmisfan chapter 9 . 3/4/2011
This story is so good! It's beautifully written and each chapter gets better and better. Please update soon
MRS.CULLEN1122 chapter 9 . 2/27/2011