Reviews for The Remnants
hawkgirl04 chapter 6 . 4/20
Such a lovely surprise. I am glad that you updated this story.
Swallow B chapter 6 . 4/17
You are most certainly not trash, and I am very happy you are updating. I find it encouraging, first, as a reader who has a lot of stories on alert; and second, as a writer who... sometimes takes a long time update herself. Never give up.

Now to this chapter.

"If Voldemort is growing as paranoid as it seems (...) keeping those involved uninformed until absolutely essential." Hum, that's exactly what Dumbledore is doing.

"He's just trying to be mysterious for the sake of being mysterious." Yes, I rather suspect that myself.

Continue. It's a great story, eveyone is in character, and there's nothing wrong with the style.
Ceryndip chapter 6 . 4/16
You're updating again! Yay! Looking forward to seeing where this is all going. Thank you!
ebonypol chapter 6 . 4/16
Oooo nice ;) thanks for the update! And so soon after my last review I honestly did not expect one with the whole three year gap! Soo happy thanks for the great read so far :)
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/16
Well, obviously Albus isn't concerned about the Slytherin students who have been killed or turned into werewolves; that much is pretty clear. He's only concerned about Draco Malfoy, as far as I can tell. And of course he wants Severus to commit suicide by warning the Order in the middle of a meeting-anybody's lives are more important than *his* after all.

And if Albus should have a stroke or heart attack while holding all the cards close to his chest? Too bad so sad, as the phrase goes. It will likely be up to Minerva to put the pieces together. At least she realizes that the body count for the Order last time was way too high-and she realizes that Dumbledore doesn't actually worry about such minor matters.

Maybe the Order needs a new Head.

But I am glad that Snape helped out with that homesick Gryffindor-Minerva now values him more highly, as we know she values people insofar as they play nice with *her* students, at least in canon. Snape is no fool, he probably knows that Minerva wanting to keep him alive might be his only hope.

And he is heartsick at finding out what is happening to his students, but nobody else is.
ebonypol chapter 5 . 3/29
Loving it I hope you update soon :)
Dagmar Buse chapter 5 . 4/25/2013
Very intriguing, and I'd love to read more - it's always such a joy to discover a good writer one hasn't read before. :)

Any chance of an update?
Squibstress chapter 5 . 12/7/2012
Enjoying the story and looking forward to more!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
"If Voldemort is communicating directly, Minerva, it could very well mean he knows we will not have a spy for much longer."

-True. Although if Moody has his way, it'll be sooner rather than later. I think Snape is right to worry about which side will finally do him in.

The conversation between him and Lucius is kind of scary, really.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
Unless—unless Albus was trying to postpone taking action with the Slytherins, and their arguments had provided a convenient excuse not to do so?

-Bingo! Minerva is finally beginning to figure things out.

But alas, it's supposed to be all up to Severus to make nice even when the rest of the school constantly asks him for more; they automatically expect him to fill all their little potions needs even when he still has a lab class with a lot of students.

And now, of course, Snape is really on his own.

I guess he's not yet past his sell-by date, though, if Albus is still pretending to worry any.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
But there was still the horrible thought of being…cut off. Exposed as a spy, left in ignorance until the Dark Lord saw fit to deal with him, the silence broken only by a call that would be his last…

-Yes. And the knowledge that he's almost certainly been written off the same way his students have.

"You know I will, Minerva. When I can."

-SURE he will. Uh huh. He's already written Snape off himself. And his beloved Gryffindors are far more happy (especially the Golden Trio) without those awful Snakes anyway.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Harry blinked. "What—why?"

-Why is Harry surprised at this late date about exceptions being made for him? Really?

Also, why should the Hufflepuffs be less worried? Don't they always share classes with the Ravenclaws anyway? There should be no change for them.

I do hope the Gryffindors behave in Potions class, though of course they have no motivation to do so, except for Hermione. How many Gryffindors are in NEWT Potions, anyway? Hermione and Harry?

Anyway, good chapter. And of course the change with Harry was made at the last minute, because Albus didn't want to hear any arguments. And if Harry screws up, it will, of course, be Snape's fault. Sigh.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
And then, when one comes around, it's suddenly a case of them having been sorted into the wrong house to begin with."

-Pretty much. And, Snape is right-no matter how Albus tries to pretty it up, the students who aren't for the Dark Lord will die, instead of having a chance to choose for themselves.

All because of a hat, and the Greater Good.

Minerva must have drawn the short straw to be the one to calm him down and keep him from leaving Hogwarts.

Because he's absolutely right about being the only one who cares about the students in Slytherin.
Saramagician chapter 5 . 6/5/2012
Wow! Wonderful! Very interesting and exciting! I really enjoyed! Update soon...
Imminielle chapter 5 . 3/31/2012
You cannot even imagine how happy I was when I found out that you had updated your story.

As usual, it is incredibly well-written, captivating, and subtle. Please keep going !
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »