Reviews for The Remnants
Swallow B chapter 7 . 11/14
I read this chapter a few times, but I can't think of any special comments to make, except, good. I am glad you are continuing and very curious about what is going to happen next.
Very Small Prophet chapter 2 . 11/8
All the students who got Outstanding on their Potions OWL will know Harry is in class under false pretenses; Snape won’t have to tell them. There is no prouder or more exclusive clique in Hogwarts than Snape’s NEWT Potions class. They’re perversely fond of their snarky, demanding teacher, and go orgasmic with pride when he snarls, “Adequate!” They wear t-shirts that say ‘Not a Dunderhead’, and hold study sessions with plenty of genuine beer, and have a wild party at the end of the year for the Snape Survivors. And I trust they will all freeze out Dumbledore’s spoiled little pet Potter. Students who sign up for a tough class in a subject they care about don’t like mouthy, disrespectful slackers who get into class because the headmaster likes them.
I really like this story! Hopefully you will update it soon:)
hawkgirl04 chapter 6 . 4/20
Such a lovely surprise. I am glad that you updated this story.
Swallow B chapter 6 . 4/17
You are most certainly not trash, and I am very happy you are updating. I find it encouraging, first, as a reader who has a lot of stories on alert; and second, as a writer who... sometimes takes a long time update herself. Never give up.

Now to this chapter.

"If Voldemort is growing as paranoid as it seems (...) keeping those involved uninformed until absolutely essential." Hum, that's exactly what Dumbledore is doing.

"He's just trying to be mysterious for the sake of being mysterious." Yes, I rather suspect that myself.

Continue. It's a great story, eveyone is in character, and there's nothing wrong with the style.
Ceryndip chapter 6 . 4/16
You're updating again! Yay! Looking forward to seeing where this is all going. Thank you!
ebonypol chapter 6 . 4/16
Oooo nice ;) thanks for the update! And so soon after my last review I honestly did not expect one with the whole three year gap! Soo happy thanks for the great read so far :)
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 4/16
Well, obviously Albus isn't concerned about the Slytherin students who have been killed or turned into werewolves; that much is pretty clear. He's only concerned about Draco Malfoy, as far as I can tell. And of course he wants Severus to commit suicide by warning the Order in the middle of a meeting-anybody's lives are more important than *his* after all.

And if Albus should have a stroke or heart attack while holding all the cards close to his chest? Too bad so sad, as the phrase goes. It will likely be up to Minerva to put the pieces together. At least she realizes that the body count for the Order last time was way too high-and she realizes that Dumbledore doesn't actually worry about such minor matters.

Maybe the Order needs a new Head.

But I am glad that Snape helped out with that homesick Gryffindor-Minerva now values him more highly, as we know she values people insofar as they play nice with *her* students, at least in canon. Snape is no fool, he probably knows that Minerva wanting to keep him alive might be his only hope.

And he is heartsick at finding out what is happening to his students, but nobody else is.
ebonypol chapter 5 . 3/29
Loving it I hope you update soon :)
Dagmar Buse chapter 5 . 4/25/2013
Very intriguing, and I'd love to read more - it's always such a joy to discover a good writer one hasn't read before. :)

Any chance of an update?
Squibstress chapter 5 . 12/7/2012
Enjoying the story and looking forward to more!
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 10/11/2012
"If Voldemort is communicating directly, Minerva, it could very well mean he knows we will not have a spy for much longer."

-True. Although if Moody has his way, it'll be sooner rather than later. I think Snape is right to worry about which side will finally do him in.

The conversation between him and Lucius is kind of scary, really.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/11/2012
Unless—unless Albus was trying to postpone taking action with the Slytherins, and their arguments had provided a convenient excuse not to do so?

-Bingo! Minerva is finally beginning to figure things out.

But alas, it's supposed to be all up to Severus to make nice even when the rest of the school constantly asks him for more; they automatically expect him to fill all their little potions needs even when he still has a lab class with a lot of students.

And now, of course, Snape is really on his own.

I guess he's not yet past his sell-by date, though, if Albus is still pretending to worry any.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 10/11/2012
But there was still the horrible thought of being…cut off. Exposed as a spy, left in ignorance until the Dark Lord saw fit to deal with him, the silence broken only by a call that would be his last…

-Yes. And the knowledge that he's almost certainly been written off the same way his students have.

"You know I will, Minerva. When I can."

-SURE he will. Uh huh. He's already written Snape off himself. And his beloved Gryffindors are far more happy (especially the Golden Trio) without those awful Snakes anyway.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
Harry blinked. "What—why?"

-Why is Harry surprised at this late date about exceptions being made for him? Really?

Also, why should the Hufflepuffs be less worried? Don't they always share classes with the Ravenclaws anyway? There should be no change for them.

I do hope the Gryffindors behave in Potions class, though of course they have no motivation to do so, except for Hermione. How many Gryffindors are in NEWT Potions, anyway? Hermione and Harry?

Anyway, good chapter. And of course the change with Harry was made at the last minute, because Albus didn't want to hear any arguments. And if Harry screws up, it will, of course, be Snape's fault. Sigh.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »