Reviews for Helping Hand
a2zmom chapter 2 . 2/10/2011
I thought this story was excellent. I really liked the parallels between Gunn and Buffy.

As far as Buffy being ooc, I don't think she was. It was obvious she wasn't her normal self, but we saw in season 6, no matter how much emotional pain she was in, she continued to do her job. I would think it would be the same here - she wouldn't necessarily patrol but if she saw something, she wouldn't ignore it.

I thought the tensions in Gunn's crew were excellent and played off what we saw in the series later.
Zgirl714 chapter 2 . 2/9/2011
I really did enjoy this! I thought you did a great job and I'm linking it to my big Gunn recs list. Unfortunately, unless he is paired with Wesley, there isn't a lot of Gunn fic and unless its Cordy/Angel fic, the Angel fandom has slowed down since the final season.

In any case, I appreciated the finer technical points like consistency with the descriptive metaphors and canon adherence. The action was exciting and I could imagine the dynamics and setting clearly. I thought you were true to Gunn's character and fleshed out his background well. I thought Buffy was fine, I would have placed this just a little bit before she helps Lily in the canon timeline. I wouldn't have said Buffy was catatonic, just an apathetic waitress. She got more lively with Lily after she started kicking things so I wouldn't categorize her as an AU-ish Buffy.

I don't usually read and review a lot on , but this fic kept my attention from beginning to end. Kudos. Thanks for posting.
Zgirl714 chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
I'll give a proper review when I finish the story but I'm just so happy to find some Gunn-centric fic about his crew and past. I'm definitely bookmarking this one!
Dale chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
Nice look at Gunn's life pre-Angel. Being a Gunn fan myself you definitely don't see alot of Gunn-centric stories around here, let alone one based on his gang life either. I'm interested. Keep it up. Hell Yeah!