Reviews for Something Blue
Yuriski-1st chapter 2 . 12/8/2011
...Is he talking about Dick and Barbara's honeymoon, or Bruce and Selina's? If it's the second...they may be up there awhile.
observerbush chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
After reading this...story? I guess you could call it that. I can say that Chris Dee has a long way to go as a writer. In fact, the author should strive for mediocrity, as that should be the next level up from where he's at now.

His writing is style is pedestrian, while his poor imagination bogs down. His storyline is vague, soupy thin, and lacks any real tension. His characters seem opaque and contrived. After reading this I feel like scooping my eyeballs out with a spoon and cleansing the sockets with bleach.

The fact that this story actually managed to make it to this site without imploding from its own foul weight is compelling proof that there is no God.

Dee's newest effort leaves one with the manhandled sensation of one who overcompensates with lack of finesse by lustily barking enthusiasm.

If you are considering reading this story, let me suggest an alternative course of action. Take twenty dollars out of your wallet, burn it, then slam your genitalia in a car door several times. This will re-create the same general experience while saving you the lengthy time it takes you to read it.
24isover chapter 3 . 5/26/2008
bridal shower: is wonder woman really that stuck up. it was so long ago since i'd read the jla. i dont remember anything between her and supie either. wasn't she paired with some army guy?

stag party:

didnt know that the other guys didn't like batman. dont remember that from the comics back in the early 80s. seems that he gets a warmer welcome at the iceberg as brucie.
Wispr chapter 3 . 3/19/2008
-and the group went in to dinner in the much the same spirit three lions, three Christians, and two indifferent spectators might have entered the Coliseum.-

Made me choke on my drink! ;)

Wispr chapter 2 . 3/19/2008
I can't get over how fantastically real all of the characters are. Great job!

Wispr chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
I like how down to earth you can make the superheros come across.

Thornwitch chapter 3 . 3/6/2008
Wow, I never realized what good luck I've had with throwing bachlorette parties (though I've only been in charge for 2) until I read this and thought about how things could have gone...

I haven't been following anything in the DC universe, except for reading the occasional good trade paperback, so I have to ask; Is Diana always such a prig? Wonderwoman was totally my hero when I was a little girl, and I thought she was the bomb. Of course, this was mostly from the live action show, so I have no idea what her personality is like in the current comics.

Speaking of non-comic readers, is there any chance of giving a bit more of an indication of which hero's civillian name is which? Kyle, Wally, etc...I had to look Spoiler up on Wikipedia.
t wrecks chapter 3 . 12/18/2007
Loved this one
t wrecks chapter 2 . 12/18/2007
Great Party
t wrecks chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I wish you would do some side stories- to enlarge on stuff like Clark's bachelor party an the JLA Prometheus fight
Nightarcher210 chapter 1 . 9/19/2006
"Clark hung up on him again." I shudder to think what the Man of Steel's bachelor party was like that they managed to turn Seattle green.
CalliopeMused chapter 3 . 10/11/2005
I was laughing for the duration of the story. From Poison Ivy to the continuing tension between Diana and Lois, this brilliant chapter in an excellent series only keeps getting better. Selina and the rest of the group remain just as involving, and every chapter only adds to a complex and memorable story line.
notwritinganym0re chapter 3 . 10/7/2005
Just been re-reading a few of these old tales and they never lose their magic. That's a very valuable trick you learned somewhere along the way, I love them as much now as when I first stumbled across them. Just wanted to let you know ;)
Gaz2 chapter 3 . 4/10/2002
Still going good.
Oi chapter 3 . 3/31/2002
ROTFL!

Loved, loved the sniping between Diana and Lois! And Dick nerve-pinching Ivy... snicker. There is something inherently hilarious about a drunk Zatanna, too.

I want to hear about Clark's bachelor party. The details. PLEASE!

Superb, as always. :)