Reviews for Lovely As You Are
Oh my god! I remember /needing to/ reading and rereading your The Mentalist stories like I needed to breath air. You were such an amazing author! I wonder if you kept watching the show and if you enjoyed that we did get to see them in a relationship... I wish you'd write something new.
Cate Eliot chapter 7 . 6/26/2014
I think my favorite part of this one was the relationship between Rigsby and Lisbon. I think you really captured the team dynamics of them and how Lisbon, despite her best efforts not to, really loves and cares for each member of her team. I also think you really did a nice job showing Rigsby's protective streak against his family, taking that bullet for Lisbon. I hope you write more including the rest of the team more often. Nice job on this one.
Cate Eliot chapter 6 . 6/26/2014
This is a softer chapter with a real focus on Jane and Lisbon before they're got an established romantic relationship. I really liked the change and how you managed to captured how soft Jane sometimes is with Lisbon. Not all writers can really illustrate this side of Jisbon. Nice job!
Cate Eliot chapter 5 . 6/26/2014
I LOVE THIS ONE! I really enjoy the Lisbon/Minelli father daughter relationship that I wish we got more of in the series. I think you really captured their relationship perfectly. I love how overprotective he is, but he accepts Jane because he wants Lisbon to be happy. This is definitely my favorite piece in this grouping. I hope you write more Minelli/Lisbon moments like this. Fabulous job!
Cate Eliot chapter 4 . 6/26/2014
Ah, they're just so cute. I love how determined Jane is to have this date with Lisbon. I think you really captured his inner dialogue and his inner desire to move on with the Red John chapter in his life and venture out to do things that he wanted to do a long time ago, but was set on the back burner with his vengeance taking the forefront. It was so adorable how Lisbon didn't care about the place as long it was with him. Nice job. I can't wait to keep reading.
Cate Eliot chapter 3 . 6/26/2014
Hooray, a look into Jane's old life. I loved how you managed to really illustrate how Jane uses his walls to defend himself and put off other people, but Lisbon can see through them and Jane realizes that he doesn't want to hide behind them from her. I thought the parallel from Lisbon's past and father was also a really great way to add layers to the story. This is definitely one of my favorites. Well done! I wish you wrote one more where we see Jane (and maybe Lisbon) at his father's funeral.
Cate Eliot chapter 2 . 6/26/2014
I loved the ending with Mexican food. That was so clever. I enjoyed how you started the piece with the Lewis description-that really set the tone for the piece. You've made them very comfortable and their behaviors really real allowing the readers to feel the doubt, worry, love, and even awkwardness between Lisbon and Jane. Nice job!
Cate Eliot chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
I really loved this! I think you've captured both Lisbon and Jane in a way that they seem very natural, as you would see them in the show. I really love how you displayed Jisbon, making it real and believable. Sometimes writers make it so mushy and lovey that it also seems like they're different people. You've really got something great here. I'll definitely be reading on. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
yaba you are such a good writer! wish you would post more TM stories. please consider writing mentalist fan fic again, esp based on the rebooted show. -KS
Night Owl 33 chapter 7 . 11/11/2012
more please
April chapter 7 . 5/13/2012
I already have read soooo many times your stories and I never get bored. You're AWESOME !
lil smiles chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
I should not be starting to read fics at 3 a.m.

Especially ones that are multi-chapter and as wonderful as yours.

Quote:

[There's no guilt and if he's honest with himself, there hasn't been in quite a while, and this knowledge propels him forward, his hand reaching up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear.]

Purely beautiful. Love.

There's just this tenderness when you write Jane and Lisbon that nobody else can capture. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I shall continue my read tomorrow, but I just had to leave a review. Miss reading your work my dear. It always puts a smile on my face :)
Duppy Conqueror chapter 7 . 6/28/2011
Aaawww Rigsby. He's so sweet. I always enjoy moments where Lisbon shares her past with Jane because the lack of it on the show allows the audience to sort of lionize Jane without remembering Lisbon's been through hell as well, but she ain't out to kill someone over it. She destroys the sucky home life defense, because yes it's awful that some kids have it rough and go on to commit crimes, but there are plenty of others who had it rough and become upstanding citizens like Lisbon.

Rigsby too for that matter now that we know what his Dad is like. Sorry I liked the romantical parts but I was more struck by Rigsby than anyone in this chapter.
Duppy Conqueror chapter 6 . 6/28/2011
Sorry this took so long especially since it was a post-Cuba gift! Loved it! From the opening scene (who hasn't felt like fist pumping when they realize that against all odds, and with a new man in the house and all, there is food!) to the ending it was perfect. That awkward when does he leave? Do I want him to leave? is universal but also so J and L. Everybody wants them together but nobody really talks about what it would be like if they were. Probably a lot of passionate rushes combined with awkwardly stilted moments just like you present here. Truly lovely job!
bloodwrites chapter 6 . 6/26/2011
Guh. Really, this is just a fabulous fic. And Jane's words as they consummate - "you know this is it for me," - are just perfect. Exactly what he would say, and I love that understated yet utterly heartfelt sentiment. You really are too good!