Reviews for The Appearance of Impropriety
OnlyMe chapter 8 . 11/4/2013
StarTrekFanWriter, you could change Noyoto's sirname from Uhura to Uhuru, which is a common sirname in Kenya. I would have little trouble visualizing Uhuru as a male. It's a mental stretch to think of Uhura as a male, on the other hand.
x-shadow-x-kisses-x chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
This confused me... Then i realised spock and uhuras genders were swapped hahaha
This is very clever!
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I usually hate girl Spock, but this is terrific. Can't wait to read the rest.
P.S. Nyoto is great too - loved the buzz cut.
Krums chapter 9 . 2/5/2012
Hi

Again I must say I really love your fanfiction. Perhaps I even have to say I'm addicted ;).

I don't review every chapter to tell you how wonderful it is because than I couldn’t read as fast. This time I write because I have some constructive criticism:

I've I would rewrite a really lovely fanfiction to make it even better, I would put the announcement at the beginning of the original fiction and not at the end. Just in case that some crazy addicted reader comes to devour some more of you fanfcition, he doesn’t have to read all 8 Chapters to stumble upon the note that there is an even better version.

Mh… Now that I think of it perhaps that was your intention, give the crazy reader some fodder and at the end tell them ‘oh that was such a feeble story, look over there, this version is soooooo much better’.

Your evil ;), but good ploy :P.

In earnest, it isn’t as if I wouldn’t have read this story anyway later. Yes that’s how crazy a fan I am.

Greetings

Krums
Botsey chapter 9 . 5/7/2011
Just got through reading the previous eight chapters. Just wonderful. The flashbacks are great background for T'Spock's interaction with Uhura.

As usual, there is never disappointment when I read something you have put to paper.

Hope all is well. Looking forward to further updates.

Again, thank you.
Hi chapter 8 . 5/7/2011
Thanks
spockside chapter 9 . 5/6/2011
Any rabbit hole you investigate will be interesting enough for me to follow you down! :P
KaL KeY chapter 9 . 5/6/2011
cool. The new one is posted? I'll check and find out. Thanks for tell me. I will be reading and reviewing to it!
Lightninging chapter 8 . 4/20/2011
Hmmmm, I don't know if I've ever read a gender-swap!Spock/Uhura before. And I don't know if I ever will again, as your characterizations are just too amazing and have likely spoiled me for most other stories with this premise.

There are so many things I love about this fic, I don't even know where to start...

1. The title. It makes me smile. :D

2. T'Spock and Nyoto. Although I find the name 'T'Spock' a little jarring, I got used to it.

3. T'Spock's backstory. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Angsty, too- but not in a bad way. In a well-managed, factual way. (I have a feeling T'Spock would not want me pitying her, and even though I think she's... amazing, I still pity her in a little corner of my mind, buried under a mound of admiration and five doses of encouragement and caring.)

4. You are playing with my emotions. This is... not a normal occurrence! Usually I don't care this much about characters, but I care a lot here. I just want to give T'Spock a hug, even though she probably wouldn't let me. I want to find Nyoto, too, and give HIM a hug. A big, glompy, you-are-so-awesome hug. No, really. I just LOVE the characters- they're different, but still so perfect for who they are. (And the /slug/! Bonus points for one of my favorite moments!)

5. The cliffie at the end of chapter 8. I'm anticipating pure awesomeness come the next chapter, okay? Pleeeeeaaaase?

I want to know so many things so badly- did she sense his emotions? How, exactly, did he catch that- er, andopnemonia, and is he to be exonerated? Will there be... romantic developments? -waggles eyebrows- A kiss! A kiss! My kingdom for a kiss! Or, y'know, a vaguely romantic conversation. T'Spock needs some affection!

Update soon?
moviesaremagic chapter 5 . 4/18/2011
You, missy, are a bad bad person. Why is this? It is because this story is so addictive. I should be sleeping right now but I'm reading instead! Argh! Yeah. That's a compliment. :D

Awesome story!

moviesaremagic
Sophie3 chapter 8 . 3/29/2011
Is it terrible that I almost like boy!Uhura and girl!Spock better than the other way around? And I also wanna say that your side character Kirk is at least as good if not better than some other writers main character Kirk.

All in all, awesome. I love the back story on Spock, and how easy it is for Uhura to be friends with Kirk as a boy and how that changes the whole dynamic of the characters.

Can't wait for more!
Nyotarules chapter 8 . 3/22/2011
Poor Uhura, how did he catch those germs! Will T'Spock get jealous and show it? Will that trigger their first kiss?

(Thanks for taking up my name suggestion for Uhura, even if I did spell it wrong, I should type Nyoto instead ...too late now! LOL)
trustingfrndshp chapter 8 . 3/21/2011
This is one of the first girl Spock fics I really enjoyed-I'd love to find more that are as great as this-any recs?
Lady Mac chapter 8 . 3/21/2011
Hooray! Just this morning I was wondering when you would update again, and here it is! as always, I'm excited to see where this goes.

I'm glad you gave Uhura a first name, too. It flows better.
Gilari chapter 8 . 3/21/2011
"Andopnemonia"... being cold and getting a huge rush of endorphins? Poor Noyoto, you just know McCoy is going to make the most of it. I wonder if T'Spock felt his feelings through their touch connection?