Reviews for Snowed In
Unknown chapter 5 . 2/4/2013
Gah! Suspense! Please continue this!
Lola Kristy chapter 5 . 1/23/2012
Oh my gosh. I'm very very scared right now. Every time you revealed a death I gasped loudly in fear. I mean, there are a lot of stories out there where the host club members kill each other but none of them have given me this much of a reaction because you've written the suspense and mystery so well! I'm really curious about who the murderer is, and how all the little clues would add up, but I seriously can't tell so far who did it; I've got my suspicions (like all of them are my suspects)... PLEAAASE CONTINUE THIS STORY! I absolutely love this type of mystery horror genre even though it's terrifying with the host club members in this way. :)
Christina Conlon chapter 5 . 1/4/2012
This is, by far, one of the most horrific and fear-enducing stories I have ever read. Obviously, you wouldn't have been able to pull it off if you weren't the brilliant writer that you are. ;)

This latest installment has nearly brought me to tears. I can't believe Mori is dead! D: I did find those few paragraphs where Haruhi discovered his demise a bit confusing, and I had to go back and read them a few times over (as well as take a peek at the other reviews) to figure out what had actually happened.

But other than that, I'm loving it! *adds author and story to favorites* Tee-hee. :3

I wonder how Honey will react when he finds his cousin, friend, and constant companion dead...? Poor li'l guy! D:

I don't really have a good guess on who the killer is - at first I thought it was someone from the outside, but then Hikaru had a very good point: "Who else could possibly be there?" So, I set my sights on Renge, especially with that suspicious scene with her and Momoka. But THEN I started suspecting Tamaki, because he's the only one who hasn't had a chapter to himself, so we don't really know what he's thinking. But why would he kill Kyouya? I mean, he seemed pretty upset (unless that all was just an act...). AUGH, I don't know! XP Just update soon, please, before I go insane!

Keep up the great work, and please update soon! :D

~ Christina Conlon
SkellingtonZero chapter 5 . 11/20/2011
Greetings,

I would have sworn an oath into office that I reviewed lately but apperantly I didnt.

Recently, I decided to re-read what you have written and through this second reading I noticed more that I wanted to review on and thinking that I couldnt, just to be sure I took a gander at the reviews and saw that I didnt review at all.

In hindsight I realized that I didnt read on my laptop and couldnt sign in; anyways onto the review yes?

Brillant.

Really, brillant plot and story writting, for a while there I thought it was one person then clues pointed to another and so on. Toying with the reader are we? haha reguardless its a entertaning ride.

And the characters are more or less in tact, their personalites and how they react I mean.

I do hope you update soon, I really am invested to find out who the killer really is.

Tossing this out there but wouldnt it be intresting if it were Kaoru? Or Honey?

Once again I apologise for the absurdly late review, this is what happens when technology is everywhere haha you do things, but never one hundred percent.

-L
nicluvly chapter 5 . 6/23/2011
Why yes, I am catching up on my late reviews, how did you notice?

SO much happens in this chapter I can see how you would have a hard time writing it from discovering Kyoya down to a dead Mori (which honestly made me very disheartned, I love Mori). This very twisted tale keeps me guessing each chapter and every theory I have is debunked by the next installment. I think my new wild speculation (which I should have picked up earlier) is there isn't a killer among them but perhaps from outside the group, like some kind of crazy jason killer awaiting in the wilderness to hack them all to bits.

Just saying. Hope the muses smile upon you and you find time to post another chapter soon.
Mimi-dudette chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
Woop! An update! :D

Wonderful as always. The suspence and plot twists were built up to amazingly well and the snowman idea was wonderfully creepy. x] Renge was great in this chapter; the contrast from her in this chapter to her normally was really unsettling and I can't wait to find out what she has to say.

And - donning my deerstalker here - I've decided my new top suspect is Tamaki. The 'I'll get her' instead of 'them', was very suspicous! (I'll probably change my mind next chapter)

Looking forward to an update :) This is probably my favourite story on this site. Despite the genre I always seem to write in, my favourite stories are ones in which romance has a only a minor part :P Mystery is creeping up to be my favourite :D

~Mimi x
Mimi-dudette chapter 4 . 4/6/2011
God, I love the mystery genre. I'm really enjoying this story so far and the writing and plot are just brilliant. Like any good mystery, you've got a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter and it really works well for the suspense. After the wolves howling in chapter 3, I'm suddenly suspicious of someone being a werewolf xD

Your characterisation is really well done and, apart from one or two moments I think, is spot on. I especially like how you portray Mori and both of the twins. And Momoka! I love her. You've really put some character into her and she comes across really likeable. Her and Kaoru seem really sweet together too. You and your unheard of pairings. xD

I did think of some constructive criticism, but the awesomeness of this chapter made me forget. I blame this line in particular, because it made me laugh for a good five minutes;

'Kaoru's lips twitched: a cross between anger and mirth. He was telling Hikaru, in that strange, telepathic manner, not to act like a jackass.'

XD Brilliant. I'll think of some thing useful to say next time, promise! x]

Can't wait for an update. Great work so far :)

~Mimi x
HaiILikeDinosaurs chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
Hey hun, remember to update 'kay?
nicluvly chapter 4 . 3/2/2011
I find myself getting more and more drawn into this tale! Things are really starting to heat up and I'm chomping at the bit for more! I'm sad you haven't written more yet!

This chapter made me think of a pairing I'd never considered and I don't know if it was intentional or not but Momoka and Kaoru could be interesting and cute.

I thought it was odd that Mori let honey go out with the search party which makes him an accomplice canidate for doing something OOC. Haha. Everyone is suspect in my eyes. Only because you're making it seem like were-kyoya (because I've decided he's a werewolf after chapter three) is killing everyone but I refuse to believe what I'm led to believe in this genre!

And in all honesty, you may have made me a new convert in this genre! Why are their not more like this in Ouran?
nicluvly chapter 3 . 3/1/2011
I'm going to stifle my reaction regarding the cliffhanger until the end of my review, though its hard to do so.

I liked the beginning scenes, while they were informative and a lot of my earlier qualms were eased it felt out of place. Not style but as far as the story line goes. As I read the chapter it made sense so I can't say I didn't like it but it was initially awkward for me.

I love Renge through out this entire chapter, I think you had her spot on and a Otaku in her worst possible nightmare. Her musing on Kyouya and Haruhi alike had me in stitches especially when she fan girled on Haruhi over giving Kyoya flares.

Now, my mad assumptions tie in with my reaction to the cliff hanger. I think Kyoya is a were-wolf! Haha. I hope Renge doesn't die! She adds a certain element of comic relief. I'm still convinced Kyouya is the one who done it but the reasons keep changing.

Tamaki was odd in this chapter but given the situation it was in character (he can't always be ridiculous) another great chapter, I'm further regretting waiting to read this gem!
nicluvly chapter 2 . 3/1/2011
Back for more and before I give you my mad musings I'll share my thoughts.

I'm glad you started out by making things worse from them, it gets me pumped for how much MORE worse things could be.

Kyouya being nervous and not on his A-game makes him so human and relatable it's unexpected and aprecaited by this reader.

Call me crazy but I like it when the twin's squabble. Its cute in a weird way. It would be so like Kaoru to ere on the side of reason and caution while Hikaru would be frustrated with the situation spouting of random ideas. Hikaru making a snowman to curb his anger was a nice touch as well. I can see him doing that, for sure. I didn't see anything that needed improvement and considering you have two betas I would hope not.

Now onto my wild speculations:

I'm still sticking to my Kyoya as the culprit theory. But, I have a new one in conjuction with it. Kyouya is not lost and is actually A. Looking for help or B. Teaching them all a lesson about survival.

Other ideas. Kazuyika is the culprit! Based on he was down in the lodge while everyone else was waiting for the others to return. Anyone alone is suspect! Haha.

Final wild stab in the dark. There is no villain but rather its a serious of coincidences and bouts of cabin fever!

That's all I have for now...
HaiILikeDinosaurs chapter 4 . 2/27/2011
AHHHHHH, I STILL WONDER HOW KAORU GOT HURT. /ponderponderponder
nicluvly chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
A thousand pardons for the delay. My attention has been else where and I regret waiting so long to read because this story promise to keep me on the edge of my seat. Now, onto a proper review.

From the start I thought Kyouya would be the villain. He just plays one so well. If my assumption is that Kyoya died, of course since this is a horror/mystery you may well turn it around and Kyoya could have feigned his own death. I will forewarn you that you may have to entertain my outlandish guesses at who done it from time to time.

I'm curious as to why you involved Momomoko, the class president and Renge. I understand Renge, she is an extension of the host club in a way and the president was invited by the twins to tease but it seems they wouldn't have invited them without more host club girls. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. And I'm sure you have a reason for it.

Tamaki seemed a little OOC once but it was slight and I'm bereft to think of when exactly.

I loved Renge in this chapter her optomism that snow would melt and everything would be fine was like an otaku omen. Some other memorable moments were them getting excited about 'roughing it' I remember once during some brush fires in my area and schools were closed and a few of my friends even had to evacuate. We all congregated at a church and had a grand old time. (Everyone's house was spared that I knew personally). I also loved the bath scene where the twins turned Tamaki green.

I hope this massive review makes up for my previous tardiness. I'll have to get back to you on the next three chapters as my phone battery is dying.
Nightmare Tragedies chapter 3 . 2/26/2011
I love this, everything is perfect, but hurrry with the next chapter, I cannot wait. Also it's not 'Kyouya' it's Kyoya. 333
Enigmaticrose4 chapter 3 . 2/21/2011
Once again, marvelous writing.

Sorry for taking so long to read the rest, but I'll get to that in a second.

Your writing in here is very good and strong. Your characterization is perfect. Your descriptions of the setting is magnificent. But it feels as if it's lacking something.

I finish a chapter and I have no real urge to go on to the next one. I've had ch3 open on my tabs since Saturday night and just couldn't get myself to read it, though I've almost caught up on all my other stories.

The other things I've read from you don't seem to have this problem. I'm not sure why this one does. And I'm not sure how you could easily fix it.

Yes, the first chapter did intrigue me, but that's disappeared. I feel as if I'm reading something that you spent a lot of time and effort on, but didn't instill enough emotions or heart into. Does that make sense?

I've been dithering about telling you this because I can tell that this story means a lot to you and you've spent a lot of effort on it, but I figured that you'd want me to tell you how I honestly felt about it.

It's just missing that extra emotion, heart, or whatever you want to call it. This chapter was better, what with the look into Renge, but it still was missing that little something that your other writing has had, like 'A Branch Reaches Up'.

Maybe I'm alone in this thought, maybe it's just me, I don't know, but that's my feeling on this story.

I feel really bad saying all this, I know you've put a lot of effort into this story. But, I know you prefer brutal honesty/constructive criticism to mouthing "That was great!" and not meaning it.