Reviews for Light at the Heart of Darkness
Canadanne chapter 1 . 1/27/2011
I loved all three of your KM stories, I wish you had written more! You have a wonderful writing style, and I really enjoy your detailed observations and theories about various elements of Knightmare. These tales are exciting, funny where appropriate, and held my interest all the way through. Personally I thought your characterisation was spot on. I wouldn't change a thing about this - well done!
stephanie chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
great! hordriss is favourite character and pickle too. sidriss is just a ditz and lord fear should have been mentioned
HStorm chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
This is a very impressive tragedy in terms of a clever and rich plot. At the same time, it does smack suspiciously of the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars, with Mogdred in the role of Palpatine, and Sidriss playing Darth Vader.
Some of the characterisation is a bit wide of the mark, especially the portrayal of Mogdred, who to the best of my knowledge has never been good at psychological subtlety.
The two alternative endings are a nice idea, and remind me of a Star Wars game called Jedi Knight.
The second ending is a very dark and bleak finish, and the atmosphere of despair and futility is very well crafted and conveyed.
Sidriss' potential to fall to the ways of evil is surprisingly convincing, as is the explanation for her decline.