Reviews for In those fleeting days that remain
mavic chen chapter 8 . 10/21/2013
What about the twenty-nine companions before Rose?
The existence that called itself the Doctor? Has there been another one?
mavic chen chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Theta Sigma was the Doctor's nickname at college. Not his real name. The Master's name is not Koschei. That name is from The Dark Path, a spin-off novel which has been contradicted by the new series. The name Ushas is also from novels that have been contradicted.
By the way, about that fic Moments. Wasn't the real reason the Doctor asked Amy to come with him because he'd realised something was going on?
MayFairy chapter 11 . 10/6/2011
well, Ten/Christina is something that I didn't consider much beyond what actually happened, but she would have been a great companion, i liked her quite a bit. I personally ship Ten with Reinette, but I'm pretty open about that sort of thing.

I loved this. Astrid was amazing, and like you said, so very very cute. I am still in awe of your incredibly poetic and detailed writing skills, you can spend so long talking about one idea, making it so beautiful and deep...oh, i'll shut up now, just know that you're amazing!
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 10 . 8/6/2011
This was wonderful. I have an unending respect and affection for Ms. Redfern, and I think you really captured the essence of what that whole dalliance was, to her and to him.

Thanks for this, and I look forward to darling Astrid!
MayFairy chapter 10 . 8/5/2011
i loved the little nod to Martha, and i can't wait for Astrid. I loved her so much.
Psychedelica chapter 9 . 5/1/2011
Wow, all of those chapters were incredible! I especially loved Chapters 2, 5 and 6! Really made me stop and think about how the Doctor manages to get out of bed each morning and put on that wide grin ...
Hiiraeth chapter 9 . 4/14/2011
This story makes me want to sob like a little girl:')The descriptions of what was going through the Doctor's mind were both believable and heartbreaking..
MayFairy chapter 9 . 4/14/2011
THIS WAS SO AMAZINGLY GOOD, I am not even sure i know how to describe it.

firstly, your writing style (and i've probably said it before) is incredible, perfect for the story and all the emotions and feelings in it.

secondly, how you don't seem to show bias, you make everyone sound so important, like you are a fangirl for everyone (but not in the way it sounds).

I loved Reinette, and i think it is awesome that you were able to do so much with a character who only appeared in one episode.

LOVEEEEEE!
MayFairy chapter 8 . 4/10/2011
this was huge! but really good and necessary to fit in all of it, because when it comes to Rose there is a lot of material.

sooooooooo sad. i really really loved it, because it was written in a very poetic and emotional way, and really made you feel the Doctor's pain.

i agree with your thoughts on Rose. I read Rose stories (they are CUTE), but i laugh at Rose bashing. I thought she was kinda epic, but those fangirls who swear she is the best thing that ever happened to Doctor Who need to see that she had quite a few faults!

she got kidnapped just a Bit too much for my liking, she could be a little bit selfish at times, and had MAJOR jealousy issues.

but she was smart and was brilliant at working all of the stuff out that companions need to be able to do.

so yeah, bravo on a brilliant tribue to a great pair and character!

WhoInWhoville chapter 8 . 4/10/2011
Okay, I have to admit, I've been reading this fic all along and I *am* one of those hopeless and helplessly devoted Doctor/Rose fangirls (though girl is a bit of a stretch considering my age). That being said, thank you for writing this beautiful chapter. I think it really did do their relationship justice. I, too, understand that Rose is a polarizing character in Whodom. Knowing your objective thoughts on this subject made this chapter even grander for said Doctor/Rose fans such as me.

As a testament to the sheer quality of this writing, you could insert the names Bob and Carol, and what you wrote would be just as epic. You really did capture the emotion.

I loved this tragic summation:

In the end, Rose and he had been like a function and its asymptote, always moving closer and closer towards each other, but never quite touching. They were like parallel, no, skew lines, never meant to come together.

They were like a graph and its tangent, only allowed to touch the reason for their existence once before disappearing back into the ceaseless infinity they had come from.

This was all they would ever have, all there would ever be – and his lips still kept sticking to each other, struggling to form words even when there was nothing left to lose.
Ace of Gallifrey chapter 7 . 4/7/2011
Lovely! You've given such weight to lovely Amazing Grace, whom everyone seems to overlook. She might not have the memorability factor of companions like SJ or Romana, but I was always quite partial to her and she's certainly a companion of note, and you caught up the idea of just exactly WHY here quite wonderfully.
MayFairy chapter 7 . 3/27/2011
i loved grace, she was awesome, and would have made an awesome companion.

i thought it was so funny how Eight kissed her all of the time!
MayFairy chapter 6 . 3/27/2011
i've only seen one with peri and six (the two doctors) but liked them well enough.

it was a great chapter anyway.
MayFairy chapter 5 . 3/27/2011
this chapter was so inexplictedly amazing! i love Romana and really really hope she comes back.

the way you did the time war was brilliant, and again, your writing is epic!
MayFairy chapter 4 . 3/27/2011
this story is so good! you're an amazing writer.

i never thought of three and jo as a romantic pair (age gap, mainly), but you totally make it work.

this chapter was amazing.