Reviews for New Alliances
Mojito737 chapter 10 . 12/20/2016
God! Why every unfinished (yet!) fanfiction have to end with bloody cliffjanger! No really. I hope update will come soon. Can't wait!
jumafan chapter 10 . 11/15/2016
Thanks for another brilliant chapter! Way to go! Once again you've proven you're a very talented writer and have tackled the characters and mind sets of both Riggs and Murtaugh almost to perfection. I agree with you that to Riggs the realization that he failed in his mission to take out all the mercs with his sniper rifle certainly must have been almost as painful a torture as Mr. Endo's electric shock treatment. But good thing he's so stubborn and vindictive ;-) that he wasn't yet ready to admit defeat.
I also found the passage in which you described Murtaugh's feelings of resentment towards Riggs very fitting. Now his remark "Pretty thin, huh?" in the movie makes even more sense.
The only point of criticism: you didn't offer an idea what the heck has happened in between the long time gap from sunrise at Victorville and evening at the night club on Hollywood Boulevard. I always racked my brains what took McAllister and his goons so long before they started interrogating the boys and I'd kinda hoped you might enlighten me, boo-hoo.
Nah, I'm only kidding of course. ;-) You sure did an fantastic job here and it's not unpleasant that despite offering so many new thoughts and angles there're still enough room for having one's own imagination running wild.
As always I'm looking forward to your next chapter.
twisted ivy11 chapter 9 . 4/26/2016
What an excellent story! Been following The Set Up and finally got around to reading this one. Love it. It really adds another layer to the movie, each scene that you have feels like a part of the film rather than just something extra tacked on for no real reason... if that makes sense. Anyway, well done and I will be following this one as well!
jumafan chapter 9 . 4/25/2016
Thanks for updating again. Love the new chapter and was delighted to see you put in the "Ouch"-scene from the script. :-) I always missed this little scene in the movie since it shows a very soft, human and also vulnerable side of Riggs. Guess Donner deemed that superfluous after adding the suicide scene, but I still would have loved to see it. I'm glad you kinda made up for that by imbedding it into your story.
Regarding Riggs' tattoo: you made me wonder once again, what I do see in his tattoo. Despite having seen the movie for countless times I'm still not sure whether I see a green skull pierced by a dagger or a dagger with a green snake wound around it or perhaps even both (snake wound round dagger and through a skull). Dang, now I have to watch the movie again ...
But never mind, your story rocks and I'm looking forward to further updates :-). Keep up the good work!
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 9 . 4/20/2016
Cool chapter! Well, look at Riggs being the rock for the family in their time of need. Looks like he's not as prickly as he likes to think he is. XD I look forward to more!
agentmeister chapter 8 . 4/17/2016
Wonderful writing!

You've done a brilliant job fleshing out the characters of Riggs and Murtagh, so much so I never watch LW1 the same way again.

Keep up the great work and may I join the chorus of readers chanting for more.
jumafan chapter 8 . 2/28/2016
Thanks for another very well written chapter! Loved it, but you sure took your freedom with the time line and have stretched it quite a bit ;-)
I always thought it was the sheer fact that Riggs was so busy with the rapid events on the day Dixie Monroe died in the explosion (followed by Hunsacker's death, Joshua's attempt on Riggs and Rianne's abduction on the very same day) that kept him going and not thinking too much about his own misery. My take always was that if there ever was a day for Riggs 'doin' the job' (and thus away from trying to use his gun on himself again) it was this.
But then again I see that just following the movie's/script's time line wouldn't give you so many opportunities to play with new elements and to insert fresh ideas. And you sure have done this which makes your story very interesting, probably much more so than if you'd just sticked to the time line of the movie/script.
So please keep up the good writing, I'm very curious what is to come in your time line and how Riggs will manage to pull himself out of his funk after all!
frogs hair chapter 8 . 2/27/2016
Love, love, love it! Thank you so much for continuing to write. I look forward to more. :)
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 8 . 2/26/2016
Nice chapter! Poor Riggs... Depression just doesn't seem to take a vacation for the poor guy right now. Interesting that you brought back the girl, though. Honestly, I didn't think Riggs would have a day off from that case. Not sure why...
I look forward to more of your writings! :D
frogs hair chapter 7 . 2/11/2016
Another awesome chapter! Thank you and hope to read another one very soon!
jumafan chapter 7 . 1/18/2016
Thanks for the update. Enjoyed it - as all your stories - very much. Especially the part with Carrie and Tiddlywinks was really cute. And there was a tear in my eye when Riggs finally tells Trish he's widowed.
I hope you keep on writing. You're my hero :-). The only active Lethal Weapon fanfic writer that's left in the world it seems ...
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 7 . 1/9/2016
Honestly, I wasn't really expecting a new chapter this quickly. XD Not complaining, though!

Anyway, I found it intriguing that Trish asked Martin about his wife. Probably because I didn't consider it before, but looking back it would make sense.

All in all, great chapter!
Jutta chapter 6 . 10/18/2015
Yippiyeh! Finally an update! Thank you so much! I've been waiting for that reaaaaally impatiently! Your story really rocks, I just love the way you get into the minds of Riggs and Murtaugh and how you explore the impetus for their actions by letting us know what they think.
I hope you will continue and update again soon (pleaaase also "The set up" - I'm dying to know how this turns out!)
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 6 . 10/17/2015
To be honest, I was wondering why he'd be in that part of town that night. This seems like a strong possibility as of why. Great work as always!
frogs hair chapter 5 . 4/17/2015
Loved it! Well done. Glad your muse is back :)