Reviews for New Alliances
Watership's Nightwish Rat chapter 15 . 2/7
Dang, Sam caused a lot of damage that night. Haha, crazy mutt!
I quite enjoyed the whole story. I can see Riggs and Murtaugh thinking these things as the film progresses. Bravo!
Katelyn chapter 14 . 2/3
This is an amazing book. I really enjoyed it.
F.F.D.P chapter 10 . 2/2
great chapter. I love this book. :]
Mel Gibson 3 chapter 9 . 2/1
I love this book so far. Great job.
Sara chapter 14 . 1/23
Wonderful emotional chapter! I wish, there would have been something like that in the movie!
twisted ivy11 chapter 14 . 12/6/2017
awww... I love it. And the reason I love it is the Murtaughs. Even if they didn’t always get much screen time, you still could tell what they were all about – a warm, loving family and you did a great job of capturing that. They went above and beyond by bringing Martin into the fold and giving him support. They literally saved his life. Without them, you know without a doubt, that soon enough Riggs would have pulled that trigger. Anyway, glad to see the update!
Mojito737 chapter 13 . 11/5/2017
Awww... I can't say anything else about this chapter than that it's cute. I like the undertone here. For me it's sort of like 'Welcome to our family, Riggs'. I think this made him really happy.
Sara chapter 13 . 10/30/2017
Thanks for continuing!
I was beginning to worry that you'd given up ;)
frogs hair chapter 12 . 10/2/2017
beautiful writing… and I just love all the little touches you throw in there – like the snippets of Martin and Vicky’s relationship. I also enjoy the overall backstory you’ve created and how it seems to be woven into all of your stories. The subtle ways you show how important Vicky was… and why he was so lost without her. It’s a lot of rich details that makes it all come to life for me. Can’t wait to read more – more of this and your other stories.
jumafan chapter 12 . 9/18/2017
Thanks again for this beautifully written chapter. It really made me sentimental, you captured the gist of Riggs' visit at the cementary perfectly with your words - his ambivalence about going there, his deep sadness mingled with happy and fond memories of his wife. I also liked the way how you described Vicky as a pretty down-to-earth gal who'd take a bundle of simple Bachelor Buttons over a bouquet of Roses any day. Yeah, that's just like I'd always pictured her in my mind, too.
I'm looking forward to the final chapter(s?) and hope you update again soon.
jumafan chapter 1 . 5/2/2017
Auldearn, you're an absolute doll! :-) I'm thrilled to bits that you really took my thoughts to heart and resolved to change Chapter 11 and to make this lovely new addition to Chapter 8. Now it's just perfect - great work! :-) Thank you so much!
agentmeister chapter 11 . 4/30/2017
Would you ever consider doing one of these stories for John McClane and Zeus from Die Hard With A Vengeance?
You have a real knack for it.
I look forward to your future stories.
jumafan chapter 11 . 4/23/2017
Thanks for adding another long chapter, even though for my taste it could have been even longer (yeah, I admit I'm insatiable ;-) ). It was very poignant and touching, especially the part with Riggs' flight from hospital, but also the part with Roger's POV of the events at the nightclub's basement. The small bit of old stuff from the movie pepped up with new details and some new dialogue made it also a good and interesting read. And I found it really cute that you finally gave Riggs the time necessary to find and put on his shoes :-) (Guess this was inspired by the barefoot/shoes-continuity mistake in the movie, huh?)
On the critical side, I was disappointed to see that you didn't cover one bit of the fight between Riggs and Joshua. I think it's quite a pity that you totally left that out, not just because I would have loved to read your take of the fight (either as Riggs' POV or Roger's, or maybe even both), but also because it just is an important climax of the whole plot and I always found it pivotal as Roger's and Riggs' ultimate bonding moment. Can't help it, but skipping it definitely feels like a gap to me.
Then I was very surprised that you opted for Captain Murphy to finally tell Roger that Riggs is widowed. Sure, the movie never revealed who ultimately provided Roger with this information, so it's up to anybody's speculation, who told him and also when. However, after what you wrote in the previous chapters – notably Trish's and Roger's in-bed-conversation about Riggs in chapter 5 and Trish's and Riggs' morning conversation in chapter 7 – it would have been only consequent to have Trish tell her husband about it.
Now seeing the Captain do it, feels oddly „out of line“ with your previous writings. I mean, what was the point in having Trish know about Riggs being widowed, when she never told Roger about it? And why would she keep it a secret from her husband, especially in the light of events that took place after Riggs confided this to her? Hope you don't take offense in me saying that, but honestly, this doesn't make much sense to me. And I may be mistaken, but I have the impression the part with the Captain was more of a post hoc idea than the original plot you had in mind when you wrote the previous chapters.
But on the good side, I really liked your idea of Riggs hanging out at Jake's bar again. It makes sense, because yeah, I can imagine him not knowing where else to go with his loneliness. And this part sure made me very curious for your next chapter as right now, Riggs seems still pretty stuck in his old coping patterns for comfort and I'm wondering how you'll make him come around at last.
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 11 . 4/4/2017
God, this is heartbreaking. Amazing, and heartbreaking. You are really freaking building up the suspense (to me at least) about when Murtaugh finds out what was done to Riggs in that place. And your Roger-POV is spot-on amazing, and actually so is your Martin-POV. Love, love, love, love, love.
Mojito737 chapter 10 . 12/20/2016
God! Why every unfinished (yet!) fanfiction have to end with bloody cliffjanger! No really. I hope update will come soon. Can't wait!