Reviews for Would He Have Persevered
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
Oh, this is so beautifully written and so achingly sad. This is so what could have occurred if only events had altered just a little in the novel!
elwren75 chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
I was reading this to lighten my sprits and now I feel like I want to join Edmund for a drink. I know you have something else that will make me smile, chocolate! I am going to find it!
bookcase chapter 1 . 12/17/2012
I knew you'd be good the moment I saw your pen name. After reading this little gem and your opinion of the Twilight 'books' (and yes, they deserve those two little marks of shame on either end) I have become a confirmed fan. This week will be spent reading the rest of your fanfic; tonight would have seen me read most of it but there is a 6 am wake up call to be worrying about. Gives me something to look forward to though.

P.S. could you write a follow up to this? Like Edmunds marriage to Mary Crawford? I have a feeling your take on it would be hilarious. As it is, this write up really makes me sorry that Jane Austen didn't have Fanny marry Henry Crawford.
Stelena-Beautiful chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Wow I absolutely loved it. I would hope you write more stories about MP soon! Great job at conveying Edmund's feelings.
Nadesiko Takase chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Great fic. I also think what would have happened if Crawford married Fanny.

Maybe another one, please?

Sorry about my english
indracon chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I really quite liked this! I always had a soft spot for Henry especially when he went to the lengths of showing Fanny he didn't mind her lower station. Love the way you handled Edmond as well. Through and through it is great!
linnfromia chapter 1 . 7/16/2011
I went looking for MP fics (after trying to endure Billie Piper...but no, must not go there) and found this which I very much like. It's great seeing this AU through Edmund's eyes, now that the scales have fallen off, as he appreciate's Henry's sincerity (not a quality seen in canon, but I do believe you - that sincerely appreciating his blessings, Fanny, would have crept up on Henry) and Fanny's steely sense of peace. !love that! I like how you show Fanny drowning in Aunt Bertram's silks and lace, doll-like, but with glimmers of her commitment to happiness and Henry. For a one-shot, you have a terrific amount going on here, and Edmund's parenthetical asides to himself are perfect - show regret while respecting your readers' ability to get it. Right there with *given in, he almost thinks...*. Sour grapes, delicately handled!

I think I like the Fanny/Henry pairing, or at least written by you. I am really smitten by this. Might you return to this pairing someday? I surely hope...
semantics chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
I can only attack the grammar errors, but that has little importance in my opinion. I appreciate this POV and OOC - charming. Seems our Edmund fell out of love with Ms Crawford. You ought to do an official Fanny/Henry pairing accompanied by a jealous Edmund (either from want of sheer happiness, want of love, or perhaps a want of Fanny? By want, I mean desire)
outlinedsilver chapter 1 . 6/26/2011
This was lovely to read because I have always been inclined towards Henry but I also can't help but like Fanny and Edmund together. It was nice to read some angst on Edmund's side which was the book was totally devoid of.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 5/30/2011
chilling...

just the way Cassandra Austen thought it ought to have worked out and yet so wrong... an excellent glimpse into what so easily might have happened.
TheImaginationAddict chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
I actually found a sort of vindictive pleasure in reading this(serves Edmund right!), as I've always been very irritated by the ending of Mansfield Park - that IF Henry hadn't run off with Maria, then Henry/Fanny might have married( which may have been alright, as Henry loved her, but what of Fanny's love? ) Good going! :)

Sorry for the rant. _
xCharlie-Groupiex chapter 1 . 4/8/2011
I really enjoyed this ! All throughout the book it's known how much affection Fanny and Edmund have for each other, but I was disappointed that Jane Austen didn't go into further detail concerning Edmund's realization of his love and proposal to Fanny in the end. This was a nice substitute, even with the twist. Gave me an insight of what would truly be Edmund's feelings, having to perform a marriage between these two people, at such a time. The whole thing was very believable and captivating.

So for that I give you kudos ! :)

xox Sacha
mintaddiction chapter 1 . 4/2/2011
I've always ADORED the idea of Fanny and Henry together... I've always wondered what might've happened if he had just persevered that little bit longer and won her affections.

Anyway, beautifully written! I really like your style... thank you!
NaomiBlue chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Poor Edmund, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Not that I mind, I've always thought that if Henry Crawford could have kept it together he would have deserved Fanny. Thanks for posting, I really liked this, my only complaint is that it was over so soon.
asianinvasion0530 chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Awww this is so angsty. [ But I like the idea of it a lot though!