Reviews for The Obsidian Dawn
blytheee chapter 70 . 4/11
i stopped reading this a few chapters before it was finished, and i just-wow. i've cried at least five times and this entire chapter was just a blessing, especially the ending, and i adore how onyxia and bolvar were written
blytheee chapter 36 . 4/7
i've read this entire story before, and i fell in love with it. and then i was like, oh, why don't i reread it for fun? and then i cried for, like, ten minutes over mandy
R. Moonstalker chapter 70 . 3/13
And i was damned certain it would end in tragedy!

Honestly I had way too much fun reading this. I took my precious time going through the first arc, but burned through the back half in the span of a weekend. If only it had lasted longer- man it was so good!

Sorry I don't know how to reference you (you keep changing your name :( ) but any way you spin it this was easily one of the best stories I've ever read, fan fiction or not. Thank you so much for having gone through the effort of writing it, and I can't apologize enough for having not been present while you were writing it.

Normally I'd wish you luck in your future writings at the end of a story, but it seems you've moved on. As such, I'll have to wish you the best of luck at life in general! You mentioned being in high school somewhere in there, so I hope university/your job (if it's been that long?) is treating you well.

Once again, thank you so much. This is seriously incredible work and I wish I could put it on my favorites list a dozen times. Ah. 3
R. Moonstalker chapter 40 . 3/11
2/24? That's pretty recent- I guess I'm one of the people you're talking about! Hello from the other side. :)

I checked your bio and was a little discouraged to see that you haven't been writing recently, and I haven't reached the end of the story quite yet so I wouldn't know if you put an author's note in the epilogue about it, but I hope life is going well for you regardless. I know pretty much nothing about WoW lore- what I do have is based on a few years of playing Hearthstone, a month or two of Warcraft back in 2014, and other fanfiction (hi, coincidencless! sorry I'm a garbage beta :( ), but I'd just like to say that even as a standalone project without the lore of Warcraft behind it the story is really good so far! I'll be completely ignoring your advice like any foolish reader would and charging through your interludes, so i do hope I see you on the other side.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
R. Moonstalker
Horde chapter 70 . 9/20/2016
Sucks to be thrall/
MSG1000 chapter 70 . 1/31/2016
I just finished reading this and all I can say is wow this is an incredibly well done story! Especially written by someone still in highschool, you have fantastic talent. I normally have trouble reading dark and tragic stories and I won't lie, after the half-way piint with the reveal of Onyxia in Stormwind I did skip ahead to skim the epilogue.

I wouldn't have been able to finish it otherwise, system tragedy is just hard for me to enjoy because I just get too involved with stuff I read.

That being said, some epiloguish one-shots would be nice but at this point I cometely understand if writing this still has you very burnt out. Regardless I still enjoyed this and wish you the best on any future stories!
the-reader796 chapter 70 . 10/17/2015
What a trip! I started reading The Obsidian Dawn over 3 years ago and not only is it the best fanfiction, but also one of the best work of fictions, I have ever read.

Everything about the story just works. The way Stormwind politics seems alive, Onyxias and Bolvars relationship, Samantha's sorrow over Amandine, Nalice reaction to Serinar getting captured, that "aha" moment when you realise Melanian and Sabel are the same person. It all just flows together so perfectly and the writing in itself was nothing short of masterfull. The only question I thought was left unanswered was what happened to Thrall, did Nalice really kill him and if so what did all those Horde mercenaries think of that?

Congratulations on a work well done and best of luck to you in the future.
tarrangar chapter 39 . 9/4/2015
The night elves also know about the reds as a minimum they blessed Nordrassil.
tarrangar chapter 2 . 9/2/2015
Hope that faceless isn't literally having the servants of the old gods as relatives cant be good.
fireball900 chapter 67 . 7/30/2015
Wooo! Eleventh Hour power-up!
fireball900 chapter 66 . 7/30/2015
Best chapter yet, I only worked things out this chapter. Never even *considered* Wrathion being the decoy. Which he *really was.*
fireball900 chapter 61 . 7/30/2015
It *would* be a runt, wouldn't it? Heh.

Y'know, for a messiah, Wrathion's not inspiring much, well... *hope.*
fireball900 chapter 56 . 7/30/2015
Damn, you really know how to make an (seemingly) unwinnable situation, don't you? Unlimited knowledge, unlimited *voice* reach, working towards the powers of things involving *time* and *life* and *dreams.*
And, possibly worst of all... smart.
fireball900 chapter 54 . 7/30/2015
Heh. Seldarria was *funny.*
fireball900 chapter 52 . 7/30/2015
You know, I'm not really sure how many 'good people' are on the 'good side.'
Just as well I like that sort of thing :D