Reviews for The Obsidian Dawn
MSG1000 chapter 70 . 1/31
I just finished reading this and all I can say is wow this is an incredibly well done story! Especially written by someone still in highschool, you have fantastic talent. I normally have trouble reading dark and tragic stories and I won't lie, after the half-way piint with the reveal of Onyxia in Stormwind I did skip ahead to skim the epilogue.

I wouldn't have been able to finish it otherwise, system tragedy is just hard for me to enjoy because I just get too involved with stuff I read.

That being said, some epiloguish one-shots would be nice but at this point I cometely understand if writing this still has you very burnt out. Regardless I still enjoyed this and wish you the best on any future stories!
the-reader796 chapter 70 . 10/17/2015
What a trip! I started reading The Obsidian Dawn over 3 years ago and not only is it the best fanfiction, but also one of the best work of fictions, I have ever read.

Everything about the story just works. The way Stormwind politics seems alive, Onyxias and Bolvars relationship, Samantha's sorrow over Amandine, Nalice reaction to Serinar getting captured, that "aha" moment when you realise Melanian and Sabel are the same person. It all just flows together so perfectly and the writing in itself was nothing short of masterfull. The only question I thought was left unanswered was what happened to Thrall, did Nalice really kill him and if so what did all those Horde mercenaries think of that?

Congratulations on a work well done and best of luck to you in the future.
tarrangar chapter 39 . 9/4/2015
The night elves also know about the reds as a minimum they blessed Nordrassil.
tarrangar chapter 2 . 9/2/2015
Hope that faceless isn't literally having the servants of the old gods as relatives cant be good.
fireball900 chapter 67 . 7/30/2015
Wooo! Eleventh Hour power-up!
fireball900 chapter 66 . 7/30/2015
Best chapter yet, I only worked things out this chapter. Never even *considered* Wrathion being the decoy. Which he *really was.*
fireball900 chapter 61 . 7/30/2015
It *would* be a runt, wouldn't it? Heh.

Y'know, for a messiah, Wrathion's not inspiring much, well... *hope.*
fireball900 chapter 56 . 7/30/2015
Damn, you really know how to make an (seemingly) unwinnable situation, don't you? Unlimited knowledge, unlimited *voice* reach, working towards the powers of things involving *time* and *life* and *dreams.*
And, possibly worst of all... smart.
fireball900 chapter 54 . 7/30/2015
Heh. Seldarria was *funny.*
fireball900 chapter 52 . 7/30/2015
You know, I'm not really sure how many 'good people' are on the 'good side.'
Just as well I like that sort of thing :D
fireball900 chapter 24 . 7/29/2015
I honestly cheered for Kat here.
fireball900 chapter 14 . 7/29/2015
'Giant melty thing on fire.' That's the technical term, is it?

And *gods,* Bolvar's romantic thoughts about Kat are *hilarious.*
fireball900 chapter 9 . 7/29/2015
I like Anduin. He's smart, kind, and a *child.*
fireball900 chapter 4 . 7/29/2015
I'm loving this, I couldn't stop snickering at Bolvar's line about comparing kat to the Light. And the numerous thoughts about the 'poor unfortunate soul who would Romance her'... heheh.
10/10 so far.
Guest chapter 18 . 4/30/2015
i've enjoyed your writing here better than most offerings on this forsaken website. it is not so much a matter of either interesting plot or lyrical prose, but more, whats in between, yes. things like building characterization, bringing background details of a setting to the fore, unhurried tone, which is to say, the meat and potatoes of writing.

that said i do have one quibble over all; it is rather jarring when a writer inserts modern phrases or moral precepts, like 'victim-blaming', 'racial slur', or gender nominalism, into decidely un-modern universes. sometimes after such rude adjunctions i feel i must stop reading for a time and forget about it before returning, in order to regain my sense of immersion.