Reviews for The Obsidian Dawn
You will fear my laser face chapter 38 . 1/10
My there's a lot of angst in this story.
Rockcutter28 chapter 70 . 1/8
From the moment I read it, way back in the early chapters, the thing with the buried eggs bugged me. Ever since Onyxia went to the Wrymbog and fought the mercenaries, I thought, but what about that buried eggs plan? This bugged me constantly for months and now that I've been vindicated in that the ending is twice as sweet. The Black Dragonflight are my favorite characters in wow and this is by far my favorite fic on the sight. It's a shame theres no more but i'll always be grateful for it. You're work is fantastic and congradulations on finishing it.
(Btw: Onyxia is my favorite WoW character)
Woo Dragons
Fullmetal Catalyst chapter 70 . 11/22/2014
TOD was my last one unfinished, of the short list of epic-length fics I sat down to read 3-4 years ago. To finally close its final chapter...I can't imagine how incredible that must have been for you as author, but it was a hell of an experience for me. I started re-reading from the beginning, and caught so many things I never did the first time through. The thought and planning you put into this shines through.

I loved how you handled the Black Flight. Onyxia and Bolvar and their tangled relationship. Samia's growth. Sabel, oh how I enjoyed him, and his reveal (which I totally did not see coming)! Politics in Stormwind, plotting in the Dragonflights, voices from the Old Gods, the large scale and the personal, guilds and mercs and OCs and NPCs, the TIME manipulation...just so many stellar aspects (heh) to this story. The last handful of chapters leave me a bit wanting compared to what came before, but a strong finish nonetheless.

It feels weird. I haven't played WoW for three years and stopped investigating new lore well before Pandaria, but TOD maintained my interest in its universe. It celebrated the Warcraft I've always adored - the vast world, the stories behind stories, the possibility for complex characters and plots, heroism and loss in equal measure. Thank you for this.

Congratulations on a work very well done, and good luck in your future endeavors!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 2 . 10/24/2014
Umm... never played WoW so... did this actually happen there too?
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 1 . 10/24/2014
Interesting background bits!
Rurikredwolf chapter 70 . 8/27/2014
Y'know, for once, I really don't have much to say about a story. And I mean that in a good way.

I'm going to be blunt and honest; when I first saw this story, I thought it was a crack pairing. I read it expecting not to take it seriously. I ended up doing so. I have no idea how but somehow I'd manage to read 15 chapters in a few hours and suddenly it's four AM. That has happened twice.

The criticisms I can make are really nitpicks. The part where Ony was pregnant, for instance, dragged a bit. Then I got a bit confused with the taint, Ony, and Bolvar's thoughts. It took me a bit to realize what was going on. But I was interested to see where it was going and I made it.

Although the whole Sab thing kinda...felt a bit weak to me. Not that it was bad, but it just made me question the story a bit.

BUT. Other than that, I really did enjoy this story. It was something I didn't expect to be so good, and I was so glad that it turned out to be so. I bought Ony's desperation, and the flight in general's plight. Not many stories can do that to me.

P.s. Now I am left wondering what is gonna happen between Bolvar and Ony now that the latter's...condition...has gotten worse.

p.s.s. Thrall's fate made me laugh way harder than I should have because I did not expect it. Good job.
Guest chapter 68 . 8/15/2014
Deathwing is not fast. he's too big. he'll be slower than Alexstrasza.
Guest chapter 57 . 8/15/2014
Arthas was physically and mentally much more powerful than Bolvar, plus he commanded so much loyalty from his subjects...
jigentou chapter 70 . 8/12/2014
After letting this story to sit for awhile, waiting for it to be completed, it was definitely worth it. I was always interested in onyxia and her interactions in stormwind and you did an amazing job at keeping characters distinct and unique. I will miss reading this story, I wasn't very sure about the bolvar x onyxia romance at first because of how different they are. However you did a wonderful job in telling it and made it very believable, the romance was very slow but also cute. Sadly it ended before a little more romantic moments.
Guest chapter 70 . 8/3/2014
i'm kind of sad that this is the end but hallelujah this was beautiful
Clarisse made me laugh harder than I usually do and thanks for that
Guest chapter 69 . 8/3/2014
hallelujah to the lord and all those things above
Guest chapter 68 . 8/3/2014
steward onyxia
sounds right
Guest chapter 67 . 8/3/2014
I might have died from how epic this is excuse me for a minute
Guest chapter 66 . 8/3/2014
wrathion's eyes are red and evil-looking and that is why I desperately want to attack him
Guest chapter 65 . 8/3/2014
tell us chromie we are dyiiiiiing