Reviews for A Clockwork Zhena
Nova Sinfonia chapter 20 . 6/3/2013
Lesson of the day: It's not always good to be brainwashed into being polite, especially when you're offered drugged wine... And it was an unexpected twist to find you-know-who still alive, but I'm still unsure of the couple's exact plan - do they want to kill her to help him? I like your own plan of having 21 chapters, nice shout-out to the original, but it will be kind of sad to have this story end! Still, I'm looking forward to the conclusion! All the best,
autumnrose2010 chapter 20 . 6/3/2013
Wow, a cliffhanger! Sounds as if Janelle's fate is soon to become the same as that of Alex, unless Frank comes to her rescue in time...
demonbarber14 chapter 20 . 6/2/2013
Well, that's just no good whatsoever (Janelle's current situation, I mean, this chapter itself is quite excellent). And it's not as though she fell into a trap, it made perfect sense for her to confront Sir H, in spite of Frank's protests. All of what Humphrey said even sounded quite plausible; about keeping Alex on life support, etc. I can't wait for the thrilling conclusion!
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 20 . 6/2/2013
Julian?! OMG how could you?! That's what comes for being Darth Vader's body double! Dark side INDEED!

I'm glad to see that you're still updating this story. I'm gonna try and get this two-parter for our favorite derelict Droog up and running before vacation. Best wishes,

TheWeasleyBoys chapter 19 . 12/2/2012
Hello hello hello!

Since rumors of my death (and/or resignation from this site) are highly exaggerated at this moment in time...might I say that I'm fighting my way back one day at a time so that I may write/read more often?'s clear that our protagonists are hitting a rough point now that a sort of Repo!Ish plot bunny is underway. The naughty lewdies in this society are secretly being snuffed out for their organs, and so Janelle wants to expose those who are responsible whilst Frank is begging her to watch her step. Which of them will prevail, if not both...?

Hope to see more asap,

demonbarber14 chapter 19 . 9/24/2012
It may have been a long time between chapters, but it was worth the wait! Janelle is such and great character, and her relationship with Frank makes for a fascinating read!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 19 . 9/24/2012
Exciting chapter! I had to go back and look at the last one, and then I understood the scene had switched and Janelle had gotten out of the basement with the papers.

But she doesn't know that Alex and his gang were responsible for the death of Frank's wife? I guess the records didn't say that. It looks like Janelle and Frank's argument is based on misunderstandings, but he also shows he cares about her!

I wonder what reinforcements Ray and Frank are getting? Will there be some kind of showdown?
autumnrose2010 chapter 19 . 9/24/2012
Wow, a new twist...people being killed for their body parts...reminds me somewhat of that old movie 'Coma' which had a similar does that mean that Sir Humphrey actually has some of Alex's organs in his own body now? I hope that they don't get Janelle as well!
Nova Sinfonia chapter 18 . 9/2/2012
Sneaky sneaky! I wonder why they have all those files on Alex? Are they copying the government and running a secret "experiment" centre of their own? (shiver)

Good mix of action and character development - I like how you show both Janelle's strengths and vulnerability. She has to act ladylike and pretend innocence, not only because of her conditioning but because of the situation... I think I already said this, but I feel this point will be important to the plot soon.
demonbarber14 chapter 18 . 8/31/2012
I never really liked F. Alexander as a character, but you have fleshed him out beautifully and made him into someone to care about, instead of just a polt point like he is in the original. I also love Janelle as a character-she is strong and likeable, but is by no means a Mary-Sue.
Awesome ending to Chap. 18! I can't wait for more!
letitbexo chapter 18 . 8/19/2012
Janelle reminds me of Alice from "Alice in Wonderland". I think it's because of her blonde hair and her plot in getting inside the laundry cart in order to find out more about her surroundings. Not to mention her seeing someone and then that person disappears as soon as she blinks. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, I do wonder what Humphrey is hiding! I sort of don't like him because of that! Secretive people make me suspicious, naturally, so I hope you update again very soon to find out more of his treacherous secrets!

- letitbexo
TheWeasleyBoys chapter 18 . 8/4/2012 this one of those surprise twists where the bad guy of the story never really died? D:
autumnrose2010 chapter 18 . 7/31/2012
Wow so Janelle finds out about Alex for the first time, wonder what she'll think of him...
Weasley chapter 17 . 7/28/2012
Guh, Julian's gone creepy? Oh dear...please tell me there's another update coming next month!

(ps-Ahab is now updated. I look forward to adding another chapter to Lost before too much longer. XD)
letitbexo chapter 17 . 7/4/2012
Awwwww! I really feel for Janelle. She has finally come to her senses and realize that she's being used as a tool in the name of politics! Shame on those who use people like that! I really hope Frank helps her out of that mess and make her happy. I do think they sound like a lovely couple. As always, you write this beautifully and with such emotion!

I await your next update, Dan!

- letitbexo