Reviews for Coming Home
BabygirlandFin chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Cute :) I like it
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
I love your work. So please excuse me if I go on a bit in this review.

Firstly:
This is easily the sweetest, most affecting BGBabyfic I've had the privilege of reading. The old heartstrings are still vibrating with pleasure.

Secondly:
I can't be alone in wishing for this short fic to grow into a series. Gentle daddy Giles is so scrumptious that one portion just isn't enough. And there would be such great scope for leaving us weak-kneed with your portrayals of a Giles worshipful of motherhood, and fiercely protective of his new family. Mmm-rating.

Thirdly:
Locating The Council out at Canary Wharf is a brilliant choice. Coincides with where I'd imagined it going, so I'm biased - hah! Even though the loose-tongued young watchers from the lift ("elevator" ;0) do deserve a lesson in discretion. Anyway Giles should probably "sack them on the spot, or give them a good dressing down". But what can you do with gobby youngsters, eh?

PS - two Brit-usage points to consider when expressing Giles' direct speech/thoughts:
1. Brits use the phrase "a couple of" wherever US English prefers "a couple", e.g. "a couple of Tube stations".
2. "come live", "come see" etc are US usage. Brits tend to say "come and live", "come and see" in everyday speech.
[Poets of course break that rule. Hence:
"Come live with me and be my love
And we will all the pleasures prove..."
as old Marlowe would have it.]

"OK. Shutting up now."
Vidicon666 chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
I reviewed this before, I know. But I'm going to repeat my earlier review and say that a sequel, with Aunties Willow and Dawn and Uncle Xander going all squee and Auntie Faith going all gruff and soft is needed here.

Thanks for writing.
shadowsamurai83 chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
That was just wow. I loved it, from start to finish. Perfectly written, completely in character and believable and just awwww. Tender yet serious, cute yet subtle. Yeah, I loved it! Thanks for sharing!
MMWillow13 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
A powerful story! If you feel like someday writing a follow-up chapter in their lives, such as when Buffy encounters the rest of the Scoobies, or the wedding, another baby that Giles gets to be their for the pregnancy and birth.
mouse-that-roared chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
That was adorable.
S.M.Hoffman chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I still stand by what I said at LJ. Giles would make a great dad and this story was too cute (with the just the right amount of angst)

Can't wait to see what fic you roll out next, or what the new chapter for 'WDWGFH' is gonna be
LoreoftheFaye chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Awww! That was cute! The fluffiness was awesome!

I love this. Really fun to read!
rebelxxwaltz chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I am dropping a review here at the ffnet because you know HOW I ROLL. ;)

This story was cuteness. It was adorable when Buffy left the baby with Giles' assistant. She's obviously a very clever lady. And I bet when she saw the baby's eyes she went "AWWWWW!" ...because, hello? Baby Giles! (cute meter breaks)

I still think we should pool our money and buy a house on Greenwich park. We might be able to save enough in a few decades... or we could just go rob a bank. Hmm... (starting to like this idea more and more)

Would certainly like to see another chapter to 'WDWGFH' next, but I wouldn't say no to another shorty like this, either... :)