Reviews for Time to Get Up, Time to Play!
catlover2x chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Hilarious and I love Johnny's last remark. *g*
Washingtonmyhome chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Oh, boy. A hyperactive child. Benadryl makes me sleepy, too bad it didn't do that for Kimmy. Hysterical. Write another one like this, please.
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
Hands down my favorite line is

"Three and a half, and about thirty pounds. Or five hundred, when she's having a tantrum,"

THAT was written by someone with children!

This is hysterical, and so true to life.
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
I can't believe I never reviewed this one - TOO FUNNY! Not to mention too cute (especially Johnny at the end.) Hard to imagine Benadryl having such differing effects on a child versus an adult.

Being an uncle to two three-year-olds, I shudder to think what would happen if *they* ever got a hold of the stuff. Great story! :)

Robert
starlight guardian chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Have seen this one! LMOA, Dr ordered Benadryl, kid was supersensitive, 2 doses 4 hrs apart and she's jumping from bed to bed! We opened the playroom and put a recliner in there for our breaks and lunch and we all took turns for 1 on 1 watch. She finally fell asleep about 5:30 am. The Dr didn't believe us, luckily mom had a video phone. And he got to see wild child about 7 hrs post her last dose. First order, dc Benadryl!
Ninjapirate101 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
AWWWWWW HAHAHAHA Its adorable! I love the end xDD I think everyone wants to drive a fire truck .
fanofrandy chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
I JUST LOVE THIS STORY! I know how kids can react to Benadryl, too. Saw it at the shelter where I work...like a kid hopped up on loads of sugar.

I just love the ending with Johnny saying, "I want to drive the fire truck"-tee hee!

This was just GREAT!
nicoltyler chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
HeHe cute story. I can relate to that mom, my son is the same way with Nyquil/Benadryl products which is made worse as he is asperger kid so whatever obsession he is on is trippled. lol
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
Names changed to protect the INNOCENT? *raises an eyebrow skeptically*.

Nice work on this.
Dianne chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Wow, I had no idea that Benadryl could do that to kids in a large quantity. I'm so glad you didn't have the three year old talking like a baby. Some writers forget that most three year olds can express themselves very clearly and it would have dragged the character's zooming speed down a lot if you'd stunted her language skills. I like that John opted for the squad into Rampart because it's in keeping with his character to try to pass off kids sometimes like the episode with the hospital tour. I think he likes kids, just isn't quite sure how to handle them. Good job and I'm looking forward to more.
kathey'ssis chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
What you might not really know is just how right on you are.

My oldest son was diagnosed with Asthma when he was two. before that we had him in the doctors sometimes twice a day for breathing problems. When we finally got him to a specialist the doses of medications we were giving him was doubled and tripled.

There was once we had him in the emergency room and he was so high on albuteral that he was just like the young girl in your story. Sadley since he had had the maximum amount of meds all we could do was take turns with the hospital staff corralling him until the steroids kicked in.

Yes your story brought those days back verry clear. and I KNOW how that mother was feeling. Oh do i know.

the good news is my son out grew his asthma enought to survive he is now 20 healthy and happy and sleeps at night.
Amethyst9 chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Very good story. I busted up laughing when I read "diphenhydramine". My oldest is one of the few who reacts to that. It is more common in those with ADHD and Autistic disorders from what I've read.

Though, you should have had the kid talking about the white-haired man on TV and have her imitating Dick Van Dyke doing his stop, drop and roll commercials. (Oops, damn, I think I just aged myself there.)
RosalindB chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Okay, let me guess, you were the mom? LOL Nice one Kel!
Maudlin Mush chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Excellent Dude! Love the hyper-active kiddo running wild! Now, the question is, were you the hyped out kid or a relative? heh heh heh
kathyb9760 chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
OH MAN! That's crazy that Benadryl would do that! I just thought it would make you sleepy the more you took! WOW!

Looking forward to more!