Reviews for Boy Who Lived
DeeD59 chapter 6 . 6/27
This was so beautiful
1529 chapter 1 . 5/30
I wanted to be able to favorite this... but I can't after the murder of the Riddles... by the end of this story, Tom is very near Draco Malfoy in that he is protected from ever facing the consequences of his actions. Myrtle' s death was an accident, although Tom was at fault, his receiving head boy after murdering 3 people... I agree, Harry was a terrible father, Tom ended up with very close to no sense of personal responsibility.

Technically, your writing was very good and the story was well told, thanks for writing.
Heart chapter 6 . 5/21
Nice speech.
Heart chapter 5 . 5/21
T-T
Heart chapter 4 . 5/21
That bomb though... At least they was honest. Oh, Harry...
Heart chapter 3 . 5/21
Tommy...
Heart chapter 2 . 5/21
Ugh. Unable to leave well enough alone, eh? He's been there for how long? He's lost all he had?
Heart chapter 1 . 5/21
Awww I love their romance... all awkward and wary at first and then happy and still awkward but joyful! Caring... yes! Shame he can't have his freedom though...
NaniteSystems chapter 6 . 4/15
Excellent. Thank you for writing this.
SteckerHater chapter 6 . 4/4
A very good read indeed.
Murkatroyd chapter 6 . 4/1
I quite liked this one. You didn’t shy away from the fact that Tom is, indeed, a sociopath, while also making it clear that his sociopathy didn’t necessarily have to lead him to become Lord Voldemort. Your efforts to make your story realistic were noticeable and welcome. Well done.
pineapple-pancake chapter 6 . 3/23
A beautiful story. Thank you very much for writing and publishing it.
I liked your interpretation of how Tom would be different, but not completely different, if added parent's unconditional love to his life. This idea is supported by some mental disorders and behaviours that are inherited, and from what you show in this story, both Riddle and Gaunt where insane or not fully normal, particularly in having tendency to violence and lack of empathy. So it makes sense that Tom would born with some difficulties.
I really liked that you got Tom and Minerva together too :)
guest chapter 4 . 3/10
perfect
slytherinsal chapter 6 . 2/25
he really is a bit of a psychopath, isn't he? it's a chemical imbalance though, surely Harry could fix it while he's still young?
and perhaps if Harry had bought sheep to feed the basilisk and stuffed her until she was ready to go back to sleep again, a lot might have been avoided
slytherinsal chapter 3 . 2/25
I think you'll find the not sharing a bed was a rather middle class thing. I come from labouring stock, and I assure you my ancestors of the period most certainly did share a bed! there wouldn't have been room for twin beds in labourers cottages anyway.

I'm hoping Harry will take his family and skip through time somewhere to escape the DOM