Reviews for Boy Who Lived
This is supposedly a Harry that has fought against death eaters and prevailed against Voldemort.
I doubt if it had been Voldemort that had travelled back in time that the unspeakable as would have managed to subdue him in such a manner and similarly if Harry had landed in the 70s instead and been found by death eaters I doubt they inclusive of Voldemort himself would have managed to hold him under such conditions, kill him maybe but keep him as a trained pet to experiment on never. So why is he submitting to the unspeakable, I doubt he is incapable of fighting them off especially if he’s fled and so they can only come at him in drips and drabs
snow in the darkness chapter 6 . 6/1
it's amazing. So much flaw, so much pain, hate and darkness but also much more love and understanding
live.small.joys chapter 6 . 5/12
Hydra chapter 2 . 4/22
Alright, Alright, this story is very sweet and all but... Merope still raped Tom Riddle Senior right? She needs mental help herself, an awful upbringing or not. She deliberately concocted a plan in which she potioned a man long enough to have a baby with him under the use of a date rape drug. And... She's a good person because... why?
bibliopuff chapter 6 . 4/16
never thought i would enjoy harry-merope fic but here i am. brilliant writing. and eventhough thomas live in a loving family, but the big part of his life, the basilisk and riddles killing, still happens, and that what makes him human, i think. people made mistakes. thank you for writing it!
bibliopuff chapter 4 . 4/16
oh my god this chapter makes me emotional I'm crying
bibliopuff chapter 1 . 4/16
ok that was interesting. i like it so far
The Orange Maelstrom chapter 3 . 2/27
Penelope Cillan. Penny Cillan. Penicillin. Brilliant.
Mana's Cinder chapter 6 . 1/31
I mean, this isn't really a happy ending for anyone. It's just an end on a happy moment for Tom and Minerva.

Tom WILL almost certainly continue struggling with is mental health for the rest of his life. He killed a whole family because he got into and argument with Harry, then stormed off to meet his biological father apparently expecting anything but what he should have expected given what he was told about Tom Riddle Sr. . Can you imagine what eventually losing either Harry or Merope would do to him?

Harry is basically his moral compass, and Merope is his tether to humanity. Minerva might grow to be a secondary tether, but maybe only just enough to keep him from going completely off the rails. But I don't see Minerva being willing to cover up one of Tom's little accidents, if he decides to kill someone else in a fit of psychotic rage.

She might end up leaving him, and them wham bam, Voldemort ma'am. Well. Some form of him anyway. Probably not a blood purist, unless he just uses it as a front to control the purebloods. He'd definitely go after the Ministry though, for what they did to Harry.

Speaking of Harry, his situation is even more tragic. He spends everyday being tortured. Some times figuratively, some times literally. There was notably no mention of his situation ever really improving. Is he going to spend the rest of his life being their pet experiment until the day they accidentally kill him? Merope would probably off herself if that happened too. Unless she could convince herself to stay alive for Tom, but Tom is already an adult so that excuse probably wouldn't hold her back very much.

You touched on Tom's psychology on some level, but not as much on Harry's and how he'd probably develop some kind of PTSD at least from all the shit the Department of Mysteries put him through over the years.

In some ways, I was low-key kind of hoping that things would go weird and there'd be a Father-Son massacre at some point where they carefully plan to kill off the DoM and eradicate their records on Harry so that he wouldn't be under the thumb of the Ministry any longer. With how the DoM is "supposed" to work, I think it's kind of believable that the exact nature of Harry's relationship with them is under wraps, and everyone outside basically assumes him to be an employee or a consultant or something, because "living human experiment" probably wouldn't go over very well, even in a government full of blood purists and racists in the 20s-40s

I kinda would have liked for there to be a chapter that handled that problem in one way or another before it was over, but besides that I did enjoy the story. The only really "out there" things that I would complain about would be the murders and the whole "lab rat Harry" thing, but those had their purpose so I can't complain too much.

If this story were longer, I think it would have also been a good idea to cover Harry framing Gaunt and showing how 1) he struggled with it emotionally because it was wrong 2) he struggled with his feelings re: Tom repeating history and killing his father's side of the family, and 3) how scarily competent Harry is and how he could also be very terrifying he woke up on the wrong side of the bed some day.

At least, I like to think Harry is a magical bad ass. He's supposed to be Voldemort's equal after all as stated in the prophecy.
Mana's Cinder chapter 3 . 1/31
JKR was always an idiot. I never considered Hermione as anything more than a particularly dedicated nerd. Genius or even "borderline genius" is a gross exaggeration.

Tom could be a genius though. Or at the very least extremely intelligent enough to be an actual example of "borderline genius".

Actually genius is, I think, awfully specific. But Tom in this story seems to more or less count.
mekareami chapter 6 . 1/22
Sad to see this one end so soon but it was very enjoyable. Thank you for writing
Dayside chapter 6 . 12/27/2021
Kinda funny how HP almost turned into Dumbledore with his paranoia.
dav15 chapter 1 . 12/17/2021
Why is it if a man rapes a woman it's bad but if a woman rapes a man it's ok?

I mean Merope found a man who was already engaged to someone and drugged him raped him then when he gets away he's the bad guy?

Both Merope and her baby deserve their fate her for being a rapist and the baby because he was not abusing in any way no he grew up abusing others and it disgusts me people try to make him or his mother out to be a victim.
Virodeil chapter 6 . 12/10/2021
It's a beautiful story. Thank you. :)
Rey
reberebecca chapter 2 . 11/29/2021
Ma questa storia è così carino!
Due cose non capisco molto. Perché Harry si deve fare male? È un allenamento oppure stanno facendo dei esperimenti su di lui. L’altra cosa non ho capito bene sarà un Harry/ Merope oppure una tommharry? Perché in questo caso Harry dovrebbe essere più coerente. Non può stare con madre e figlio… brrr dovrebbe solo decidere prima.
Ok detto ciò è la prima che leggo di questo genere. Adoro le storie in quale Harry torna nel tempo.
Non vedo l’ora di leggere altro !