Reviews for Boy Who Lived
Samwise Pevensie chapter 6 . 4/7
A really well thought out and written story.
emmanuelcool chapter 6 . 2/1
this story is better other similar ones.
moonkid2005 chapter 1 . 12/28/2020
"I want a divorce" is the hottest thing anyone has ever said to me
-by Harry Potter
idk-what-to-put-for-my-name chapter 6 . 12/24/2020
I hope you are still reading the reviews because this story is absolutely amazing.

The writing is above average, nothing to scream about but nonetheless good, but the story and characters are amazing. Noone anywhere near a mary sue but all the characters are still likeable, loveable even. I love each and every character you have built and the world-building while leaving so much to the imagination is amazing. Perfect pacing, too.

Psycho Tel chapter 1 . 12/16/2020
ehhhh? how is that romantic!
Kamillia chapter 6 . 12/15/2020
(Before reading my review, just know that I am sincerely sorry for how disorganized it is and how repetitive my use of the word "real" is)

One of the best fics I've ever read. The relationships were so well done. Every scene was littered with feeling and painted in such a well rounded, natural, and realistic way. The characters' thoughts and motivations were down to earth and felt so real. And the small family you created with Harry, Merope, and Tom was a joy at times to read, but also sad and complicated. Their dynamic and their own personal struggles was brought to life through each and every scene was so grounded and it felt so real. And the details you littered throughout the story? It made it all feel all the more authentic.

And btw, as a european history buff, I had an ABSOLUTE FIELD DAY with the historical element. When Harry and Merope went out into town for her birthday, it was just so fun to read that it was like christmas came early for me.
Kamillia chapter 3 . 12/15/2020
In all honesty, I think the DOM experimenting on Harry makes no sense. Harry's a human. There's nothing biologically interesting to disect or study, nothing they could possibly gain by poking and prodding at him. Because... Well, it's no different from poking and prodding at any other person, from 1920 or from 1990.

Would the ministry keep an eye on him? Yes. Would they want to examine him for residue of whatever freak accident brought him decades into the past? Yes. But unless you made Harry physiological different from human beings, I doubt there would be such a strong scientific curiosity in how he ticks.

You compare his situation to district 9, but that movie was a completely different thing. In district 9, the ones that are being experimenting on are ALIENS. They were disected because there was knowledge to gain from it. How there bodies functioned, how they lived, evolutionary information, etc. etc. Harry isn't anything like that because he's HUMAN. There's nothing to gain from studying his body. Or his biological child if he had one with merope. Nothing is abnormal about his biological make up so I have a hard time believing they'd care about it.

So yeah. The DOM experimenting on him for 17 years makes no sense since the time travel was most likely an external effect. They'd most likely instead try getting information on how he got there and what the future is like. They'd probably still keep him on a leash and maybe even torture him or subject him to all sorts of magic to get him to talk, but definitely not experiment on him.

And well... If Harry is actually an alien or supernatural being or just generally not human in your fic... Then I guess ignore everything I just said.
Lunaliceazreal chapter 6 . 11/28/2020
Best thing I’ve read on this site! So nuanced and tender yet realistic! Bravo!
MeConfused chapter 6 . 11/9/2020
Thank you so much for this fic. It really made me smile A LOT. Also, does that mean Minerva Mcgonagall is going to be Minerva Potter? The idea of Tom as the "boy who lived" is WONDERFUL. This was a very good short read, I'm glad I found this.
MeConfused chapter 5 . 11/9/2020
I knew it! I knew there was something between Minnie and Tom. Also, it's so nice to know that Tom is behaving like a teenager, unlike the Canon ver. It's weird but nice at the same time lmao.

Great chap like always!
MeConfused chapter 4 . 11/9/2020
awwwwwww :( this is so wholesome and precious
MeConfused chapter 3 . 11/9/2020
Aww... i love their relationship ️
MeConfused chapter 1 . 11/9/2020
OH MY GOD THIS IS SO CUTEE! THE IDEA IS ALSO SO AWESOME
Marinara the Sauce chapter 6 . 10/30/2020
This was a really fun read! There truly aren't enough Tom Riddle gets adopted fics, and this is my favorite of the couple I've read. Harry characterization was great, and the Merope x Harry romance was really cute :D Merope wasn't expanded upon in canon hardly at all, but she feels very natural and well-written in this.

Tom getting a warm, loving family was interesting to explore. I was surprised he still killed the Riddles, even with his loving family, but now that I think about it more it makes sense. Him having some issues with love and empathy are totally to be expected, it fits with his canon character. I haven't done any research, but probably relatively few people are murderers with no mental issues. And calling Tom a murdered seems almost tame for what he later did as Voldy.

Not sure how to end this review, but just know that I loved your story!
Marinara the Sauce chapter 1 . 10/22/2020
Awww! Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! Merope is so insecure and sweet, and Harry is so charming and adorable, and I just don't know, they're so so so so SOOOO cute together. just - D'AWWWW. Thank you for writing this!