Reviews for hair of the dog that followed you home
ShamRockCenter chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
This is absolutely incredible, as are the other two companion pieces. Your writing is amazing, stylistically and characterizationally. I love the way you write. And I also love your lovely slashy lemony goodness, it's extremely well written AND crazy hot. Particularly in the Sprace installment, I love the usage of competition to build their relationship, and I love Race's thought process of odds and how that relates to his gambling persona. Similarly I love Spot's cockiness and ego. I really, really love your stories-I think they're some of the best I've ever read on this site. Please I beg of you and the gods, please continue to write Newsies. You have such a gift.
Mush's Skittles chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Ahem.

But back in rationalville, I enjoy your characterization with Race and Spot, especially since it's about WINNING, which I think is important to Race, although not as important as playing the game.

I was a little confused-the other ones featured a character who is discovering himself, so at first I was kind of surprised that Race was okayish with Spot grabbing his wrist, kissing him, etc. THEN I realized that this one breaks the mold a bit by having it be about the other person. And NOW I am realizing that all three are different. But still, I WAS a little confused about that.

Also: Is this "Five things and that other time" form something that's kind of established? I rather like it, and this is the first time I've come upon it. I think it would be a fun form to try.

Lastly, I think the tension in this was a little lessened-I think it was replaced by the fact that Race is keeping score, but I'm not sure if that was as affective for me, even as I recognized it (and enjoyed it) as a part of their characterization.

But still enjoyful. :)
piklejuice chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Seriously. Seriously. It could be the cold medicine but this was amazing. Actually, the cold medicine explains a lot. Anyway...no constructive criticism, just love. Keep on keeping on. Please and thank you.
wordsarebinding chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
It's uncanny how you always seem to post when I'm in serious need of reading some good slash. Sprace, they're not my favorite but I enjoyed this and just had to read it since it is part of your series. Loved the tension and thought that your characcterization of those two was on point. I find that they're one of those couples that are easiest to get wrong.

I'm actually in the middle of rereading EYDW and liked how you sort of paid homage to that fic.

"Friday, 5:30." Nod.

That line reminded me of the whole scene at Tibby's when Spot gave Race The Nod and agreed that Race was pretty lol.