Reviews for Teach me to Sing
Sophia Dover chapter 34 . 6/15/2019
Ahhhhhhh...I know i'm too late, but this is a really great fanfic. perhaps the best poto one ive ever read. its a shame it was never finished...
SmolJar chapter 34 . 4/12/2019
Oh my lord, I have eaten through these chapters so quick! Absolutely amazing. I do have to say I quite enjoy the fact that you’re not having Erik quickly fall in love with another woman so quickly- it adds a sense of realism to him. Many fail to realize that because he’s obsessive, he wouldn’t simply just give Christine up so easily for another woman. Anyway, that’s just my take on it. Overall, it’s amazing and I cannot wait for another chapter. Thanks for all you do!

With love~️
SkyRose16 chapter 34 . 7/31/2018
It hurts. It hurts so much that it’s ended. What would’ve happened? Would Erik have left to find Christine? Would he unintentionally abandon Beth? Maybe he found Chris and she told him Beth’s love. But then Beth. She finally found the courage to fight for what she wants. But then her obligations... what did her father want to tell her? Would she have found a way to continue singing? Would she be able to leave Erik forever? So many unresolved problems...

I wanted to thank you. Thank you for this wonderful and beautiful story of unrequited love and longing. I’m so glad to have found such an amazing POTO story. It warms my heart that you felt the same as I did about these characters that you shared your imagination with us. I truly appreciate the work you have done and are continuing to do here.
SkyRose16 chapter 33 . 7/31/2018
*sobs* is the next chapter 32,000 words long? I’m hoping it is because it’s the last chapter. How is everything going to wrapped up in one chapter. I dread to think it not being done. I’m so invested. I’m want their happy ending. Your last A/N said that Erik still doesn’t love Beth. Can he find love in one chapter? Can he finally be happy with Beth? And I want a kiss! Omg just one kiss!
SkyRose16 chapter 32 . 7/31/2018
I’m so happy right now! I imagined Elizabrth’s voice to sound like Loren Allred singing Never Enough from The Greatest Showman. Her voice is just so beautiful and conveys so much emotion. She even looks like now imagine Beth to look. Now I’m playing Never Rnough in repeat, singing and belting along. Poorly, but enthusiastically.

I wonder if Erik is going to run into Christine. Is she going to spill the beans about Beth loving him? Agh! There are only 2 more chapters left!
SkyRose16 chapter 31 . 7/31/2018
You know, when she said she was gonna wear that yellow dress, I suspected something like this would happen.

And my ire is fading a little after she said she still has feelings for Erik. Just a few more steps!
SkyRose16 chapter 30 . 7/31/2018
Me a la Obi-won: you were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring balance to the force! You were supposed to defeat the sith! Not join them!

That’s how I feel right now, Bethy.

Remember that one time when Erik strangled you and you looked at him all betrayed because he broke the trust he had in you? Can you see my face. *points to the metaphorical tears streaming down my face* I’m so heartbroken right now.

But really great chapter. I wasn’t expecting Beth to react like that. You completely caught me off guard. You should’ve seen me. I gasped, screamed no, and threw my phone across the couch. Then I ranted at my husband for the next 20 minutes while I was cooking dinner. (Funny side note, my hunny thought Christine and Erik ended up together in the movie. I raged at him because how can you forget a very important part of the movie?! Like I’ve made you watch this movie with me on MULTIPLE occasions how can you forget. I digress.)

What was I saying? Betrayal! Of the highest degree! I’m hoping to all the gods that she comes to her senses and realizes that she loves Erik. For realsies this time. Sigggh.
SkyRose16 chapter 29 . 7/31/2018
Omg! Oh holy. Omg. Just
SkyRose16 chapter 28 . 7/31/2018
My heart hurts with all this y’all of leaving. I really hope she confesses her love to him.
SkyRose16 chapter 27 . 7/31/2018
Nooo! Don’t lose hope, my sweet cinnamon roll!

Sweet! Erik is gonna be at the ball! So he’s gonna hear her sing to an audience with her new in love perspective!

And no joke I was kinda expecting Erik to swing from the rafters after Beth’s speech. It’s kinda his thing to just spear at the right times, like Beth said, a fairy god father.
SkyRose16 chapter 26 . 7/31/2018
Ok. Well if the phantom is allowing Verity to play one of his songs then I guess it’s okaOMG SHE REALIZES SHES IN LOVE. YES. Christine’s presence did exactly what I thought she would do to Beth. Jealous realization. I LOVED her rant speech to Christine. How dare she speak so ill of Erik. Honestly. I loved how she was all like “Erik?” Like. Yeah. He has a name you ungrateful child.

Ugggghhhh I feel kinda bad for mouthing off at Christine because she was just a young kid who couldn’t handle Erik’s personality and I mean there’s just some people who are too fragile and ungrateful and Erik has such a PRESENCE and like not everyone can handle that so I feel a teensy bit bad about being mean to Chris. But only a little bit. Tiny really.
SkyRose16 chapter 25 . 7/31/2018
Yes! Abigail IS a sister. I just confused them.

I have mixed feelings about Christine being here. On the one hand, great curve! And this might bring realization to certain feelings because of jealousy?... But also, I don’t want Erik in pain you know?
SkyRose16 chapter 24 . 7/31/2018
I’m so glad she didn’t reject Erik for saving her. I’m really happy about that.

MASQUERADE!
SkyRose16 chapter 23 . 7/31/2018
Omg so much happened this chapter. Ok.

So at the beginning I was like Verity I swear if you play one of Erik’s songs mysteriously I will flip this desk. But then she said she was gonna do an aria and then I calmed down. And then I realized I was callling Verity Abigail for a while and I so sorry. Is there a sister named that? If not then I heard that name at work while I was reading and it stuck for some reason. My bad. I’m so so sorry.

MASQUERADE! O. M. G. Masquerade. Yes. Yesyesyesyrs my dreams have come true I want them to dancING and frolicking under the moonlight so he can see her beautiful blue black hair and dance together! YES.

AND OMG. So I was reading the scary scene here and then my work phone rang and I got so scared, yelled, and jumped up out of my chair! LOL. I’m just glad I was alone in my office and no one saw me freak out. My heart was racing SO FAST! Oh man.
SkyRose16 chapter 22 . 7/31/2018
Wow! 2 years have passed?! Beth is so patient. Not knowing who Christine is for 2 years? Or did the slip from last time happen more recently.

I’m glad they’re fond of each other now! Unfortunately I feel like shit is gonna go down now that Hermione knows the name “Don Juan Triumphant.” Secrets are gonna come out now. I wonder how she’ll react...

Also! Is that one ball that Abigail is supposed to play at happening now? They received the invitation 2 years in advance yeah? Is Beth gonna sing at it?! And when is Erik gonna tell Beth that he wants to revel her talents?! I can’t wait!