Reviews for On The Drift
Fran Monismith chapter 1 . 8/11
I usually don't like stories that are sad. I LOVED this story about Jess. Since I am a big fan of Robert Fuller I could easily vision saying the words of how he wanted to stop being on the drift and be with someone he loved. Jess' history with children is clear that he loves them. I cried when Diana told him she was married. This is a very sweet and sad story about love found and love lost. I've read it a couple of times, have printed it off and when I want to read a really good story, yours is there to chose. Keep up the writing - you're very good.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/22/2013
This is a terrific story, very much enjoyed it.
PAMMOLINAROYAHOO.COM chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Hello again Fortitude. Just finished "On the Drift" and can see your imagination is in the details of a person's life and how we become vulnerable and that vulnerability can bless us or make us bitter and angry. Thank you for showing how a woman unknowingly can affect a tender wounded spirit like Jess'. Did you have any further impression as to whether Jess' encounter with Diana made him better or more cautious and bitter?

Do you intend on doing any more writing about the character of Jess Harper?

PJoy in PA, a/k/a, "Sun Rising"
Nana56 chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Very, very sweet. Jess Harper was one of my first loves and I spent many a study hall dreaming about him. :D

Of course he would be attracted to a real lady like that. It broke my heart to realize what was happening and that he hadn't told him she was married. :(

Very well written. :)
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
A beautifully written, sensitive, and sad story. A real treat and I hope you write more Laramie with Jess (and I would love to see some with Mike included *hint hint*) in the future.:)