Reviews for The Witchery Way
friendly chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
awesome job.. loved it..
zuimar chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Hi Scullspeare, I was thrilled to see an alert in my mailbox for your new story. Thanks a lot for this lengthy one-shot, I loved the scenes between Sam and Jess, they were a great couple. Great lead up to the pilot, it did made me realise how much I miss the first seasons, not a fan of the whole Apocalypse story.
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Excellent story, but I didn't expect anything less from you. The research you put into this story is awesome. I love the Prayer, it is beautiful and you are right, it does fit well into canon. The skin walker was fascinating and I really loved the whole story line. It was awesome to see Jess worried and supportive by Sam's side, at the same time as you showed some very believable glances into their every day life. Walks in the park, kissing, going to class, Jess being a big sister, the upcoming Halloween party - I really loved you implementing that one, it gave a time frame to the story. The supernatural illness, the way it came on so suddenly and symptoms of it were very scary. That one of the symptoms was hallucinations and it was Dean, who Sam saw, it was brilliant and absolutely believable. It showed their closeness but also Sam's need for his brother and was absolutely in line with what Dean would have done, if he would have been there in reality. Loved making Dean really be there and Sam realizing it through the magazine. So Dean to leave that one. I did like Jess' reaction to it a lot. And Dean taking care of the walker, talking to Pastor Jim and having been in contact with the Navajo shaman brought things together. And then the YED stepping in, contacting Brady, it gave a reason, why they killed Jess the way they did, when they did. I also loved the way Sam explained the nightmare he had about Jess, it makes so much sense that he would think that it was a melting of what he knows about his mother's death. Over all you made this very believable, yet kept it so intense and angsty that it was just perfect, at least in my eyes. Oh, and as a last note, the bone powder and it's effect really reminded me of voodoo - paralyzing effects, heart stopping an all that. I know they are not using bone powder and I don't know if I believe all the stories you hear, but it sure sounds a lot like it.

I hope you will get time to write more, I miss your stories, but I enjoy every one of them, when you post. Hugs, Vonnie
Manavie chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Aww this is absolutely a beauty 3 Thanks for the lovely story :)
Stacee Phelps chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Scullspeare! I love what you did here! It totally meshed the brothers together without them actually being together and I loved it! I especially love the way you then tied it into the Pilot and the way that Azazel is towards Jess. Poor girl! I swear you just made her death even sadder! But, great job and I can't wait for more from you!

~*~Stacee Phelps~*~
Samantha V chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Great story! Loved how Sam turned to Dean even subconsciously when he was in trouble. Also great how Dean kept an eye on Sam and looked after him without him knowing when he was at school. Very well written, thank-you!
Harrigan chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
You always do the best MOTW, you-are-there-descriptions, and brotherly banter! (Even, apparently, when one brother is absent! LOL!)

Your Jess is lovely here, too. I'm glad the show brought her back at least in snippets over the years. She and Sam had something awesome together - flirty and fun and affectionate and caring - and you really captured that.

This meshes brilliantly with canon. Loved it!
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 2/5/2011

You managed to show Sam and Dean's connection pretty well, even with them being apart

Kisses and see you around

Trish62 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
What a great story! I loved the premise and the writing was top notch. Great job!
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
I'm not embarrassed to admit that when I saw a new story from you with JESS in it in my inbox, I squealed with delight!:-) Most undignified, but what can I say? I love your writing;-) I simply adored the Sam/Jess interaction in this story and I also loved how Sam saw Dean when he was in trouble and how it turned out that Dean was really there after all. And the ending was simply chilling. Great job, as always!:-D
Medusa -the writer chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
What a great story. I love hearing tales of skinwalkers and native lore. The whole thing fit in with established canon perfectly. I loved Dean watching from a distance, I loved that Sam's mind looked to Dean for help when he needed it.

Just wonderful. Thank you!

MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
lOVED this story and how you pulled the actual show into in such a fantastic and creative way. It could so easily have been part of the show and there would have been no gaps and a lot of questions answered. Thanks so much,, Nicole. Ps. Have you ever thought of continuing this, like with Sam developing an underlying heart condition from what happened to him or perhaps hiding it from Dean? Thanks so much, great GREAT story, very well done!
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Awesome story. I put off going to bed because it was just so captivating. Thank you for sharing your writing talent with us. :D
Maz101 chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Clever, clever, clever - keeping to your challenge but involving Dean too and tying it all into canon. Loved our Jess. Very expertly done and well written.
purplehairedwonder chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
Ooh, well played. I love the idea of Sam's subconscious conjuring up Dean to help him sort through the problem he's facing; his Dean hallucination didn't tell him anything he didn't already know, just prodded his hunter thinking, which he had been neglecting in his normal life. And this ties really well into canon, with Dean already in Palo Alto pre-pilot and Brady setting Jess' death into motion via Azazel's orders. Only issue I can see would be Sam knowing Dean was around prior to the pilot, so he wouldn't have been nearly so surprised, but even then, I guess it's not like he was expecting Dean to break into his place in the middle of the night. Well played, indeed!
45 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3