Reviews for Instability: Revised Edition
SerenDPetty chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
Hello Steelfeathers,
I've reviewed your work before but was unsure if you received the notes.
It was gratifying to note that you submitted another story last year. I had hoped you would continue to do so.
I truly enjoy your writing style and imagination.
Please reply to () when you read this. I would like to compliment you further.
Seren D. Petty
Me chapter 7 . 12/13/2014
Awww, you have to continue this. Put Bee out of his misery. Make Sam tell him that Optimus is the one who broke his arm and nearly vaporized him. Poor Bee is so traumatized :(
kirara the great chapter 7 . 2/26/2014
please there's going to be more right
Elaine du Lac chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
You know what. I love your story best for your portrayal of Bumblebee. Your writing is breathtaking (literally! I read and forget to breathe at the awesomeness of it at times- and I have a degree in English Lit) and brilliant but your portrayal of Bumblebee is something special and rare on this site. I'm mostly talking about the old Instability fic but I have a feeling you'd still write Bumblebee the same way. Bumblee with a bright, warm side, and a hidden dark side, kind of like Naruto if you know the character. You've written him with a beautiful complexity and depth.
Anon chapter 7 . 7/16/2013
WHERE IS THE REST OF IT?
THIS CANNOT BE THE END!
I NEED MORE!
PLEASE!
you are a good writer btw, this is really good! keep it up!
Purple Lulu chapter 7 . 1/31/2013
This is awesome! I can definitely tell this is going to get serious fast. Please update soon!
Ninja Star Light chapter 7 . 12/30/2012
This is really good please update soon... Poor Sam.
Alamo Girl chapter 7 . 8/5/2012
I was pleased beyond measure to find this story again. I have read it several times over the last couple of years and it is one of the most sublime depictions of human/transformer interaction and emotions ANYWHERE! It still ties my stomach up in emotional knots reading about Bee's over whelming connection to his Sam and Optimus' never ending weight of responsibility and empathy.

And I also love all the warring emotions in Sam, all of which are very real fears that he should be having. No one just accepts the things he has been made to accept with out breaking a little.

I admire you for wanting to go back and retool somethings, as I always have things in all my fic that I want to go back and rework, polish up. The only thing ihave a problem with in this is the fact that I WANT MORE. So, yeah, not much of a problem. Everything reads wonderfully, flowing and emotive.

But gods, I do want more. I do hope you are planning on working on this again. It's just too good to let sit!

Bravo!
Guest chapter 7 . 7/14/2012
I just finished the last chapter of the original story and I AM BROKEN. I would love it if you continued past that point with this story. When I got to that cliffhanger of an ending (wonderful, yet so painful when I saw that it was the last chapter) I immediately went in search of a sequel, and I thought my head would explode with despair when I realized there wasn't one. I loved where it was going, and I really want to know what happened next with Sam and the *theoretical spoiler for anyone else reading this review* Pretender *end spoiler*. Like I said in my previous review, the changes that you have made in the revised edition really improve and help to smooth out the (admittedly minor) rough points in the original fic. Bless you, Steelfeathers, for being a writer in this fandom.
HyperFox3176 chapter 7 . 4/2/2012
I have cryed as I read this story multiple times. I love it you have captured the emotional termoil very well. I hope for more of this wonderfully sad story.
Anonmyous999 chapter 7 . 3/25/2012
*enter whistle here* Really loved this story! The plot is believable, captivating and, well, AWESOME! Hope it's updated, can't wait!
Blume chapter 7 . 2/19/2012
Well damn!

I just finished reading the re-edited version and I think for the most part I love it! XD

( ‘cept that part with Optimus and Sam talking, dunno I think I liked the first version better, but I suspect that was mostly for it’s shock value and all.. ;)

Had to read parts of the original version to get the changes; for the most part, I think you’ve think this whole story through, both chronologically and in the action of the characters because this version reads more fluid, the characters actions more coherent and in the case of Sam, I think his train of thought has become sharper.

Talking about Sam, recently I had to read articles about the refugees from Libia who desperately tried to move to Europe. I guess, in some sense, Sam’s situation is similar and I reasoned it like this:

Refugees not only suffer the loss of land or properties, they also lose the support of their body of government, not just legally, but also psychologically. In Sam’s case, his rights and nationality were taken away from the US, and moved to a new form of authority (Optimus) sadly, in Sam’s case, this new state has a history of not being reliable, not because optimus is a bad leader, but because he has died before.

….AND to make it worse, this new administration (optimus) DIED to protect SAM, leaving others under its care (other autobots, NEST…the world) bereft of that guardianship.

And let’s not forget: teenager surrounded by giant robots whole ARE NOT HUMAN, are not even from this planet and yet, act like any regular guy and have human emotions…or maybe just pretend?

Sam’s probably not feeling very good about this arrangement. :P

So yeah, I loved the re-edition and Sam’s current state of living sucks and BB is willig to do harm to the medical staff 8and apparently screening Mikael’as calls away from Sam?) ;P

…there’s only one thing that (now that you’ve decided to rewrite parts of this… _!) can you please, please pretty please NOT kill Sunstreaker? I remember I died a little bit there back when I read he died in the first version…

;
CameoRuby chapter 7 . 1/9/2012
This is really good :) I haven't read the original, but the language and writing you're using in this revised edition is very connecting for the reader - I enjoyed reading every chapter so far, and i especially appreciate your characters, they're very realistic not out of character, and how you show relationships, especially Sam and Bee, is very well done too.

Can't wait for the next chapter, hope you haven't abandoned.
Yermo chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
Considering that this is a revision of the original, and the original is pretty good; how long do you think it will take for the revision to lead into the sequel mentioned?
infinityinmirrors chapter 7 . 10/23/2011
Uwah just discovered this after reading all there is of the original story. I'm kinda confused, are you going to post updates for the original or will we have to wait until this version catches up? Also should i read this version? What are the main differences?