Reviews for An Ode to Love
Princess Of Souls chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Snypr chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
vwery good
PortiaKhalo chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I have such a thing for short, choppy sentences. They convey so much, so dramatically. Thanks for entering!
The.Dragonfly.Lover chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
This is stunning—immensely moving.
SarahBella chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
This was really amazing. Very well done. Can't wait to see who wrote it so I can read the rest of your stuff!
mephis1 chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I heard about this contest over at FFA. I admire this particular o/s 'An Ode to Love'. It's poignant, riven with sadness, conflictual desire, unrequited feelings and emotions that run the full gamut of what it means to love, to desire, to lust after someone. I like the way the main protagonist is drawn and I like the way her journey towards self-understanding, acceptance and self-forgiveness if depicted too. To hate oneself, to despise oneself, to dislike oneself because of the way society characterises your sexuality - that's simply heartbreaking. That aspect is drawn particularly well here as is the journey towards healing and acceptance via love, along with the discover of what it means to love and be loved. Thank you for writing this - I enjoyed reading it.

~ Udo
ileftmyscar chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
For - An Ode to Love

As a straight person who doesn't really like slash...this fic made me respect the condition of homosexuals. I hate how easily people shove the subject under the carpet and stay away from controversy, and this fic treated the subject with such poignant sympathy... For once I understood what the conflict of not fitting in is. It drastically changed my perspective, and I think in making others think, question and reasses, is where the beauty of this fic lies. Brilliant.