Reviews for Good Genes, Bad Dreams
flikaroo chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
What a great tale of brotherly fluff. A few of my favorite moments. Raph's startled explanation, you just cuddled him to sleep? Haha! And the shift of perception from Mikey's insights into Donnie and then Leo figuring out Mikey. Brilliant!
Puldoh chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
hahahahha, that was friggin sweet! I love it! A new fav of mine!
Stoic Harlequin chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
What I like about this piece comes in two parts, both obvious, but one a little easier to directly indicate (as it's a quote). "And now I'm wondering, Mikey… sometimes you wake me up in the middle of the night, too, and tell me you've had a nightmare. And when I wake up in the morning, you're gone. Are you…?" I can't explain why, nor put my finger on it, but I found it particularly poignant to this story. That may be, perhaps, because it's connected to the other part I really enjoyed - your use of Mikey and nod toward his less than naive place in the Hamato family.

Michelangelo is far more complex than most authors give him credit for. Hell, sometimes I think he's multi-faceted to a degree the official writers of the show forgot to illustrate. I don't recall the episode specifically, though it was in Season 4, when Mikey is commenting to both Raph and Don about how much Leo shoulders for them; how stressed he is so they can all 'play' per se. This reminds me of that moment. How Mikey can see into the inner workings of the family.

His mindset, and his role in their 'clan', is pronounced by his character; the charming and social butterfly who sees people for their spirit rather than their actions exclusively. He is the one who identifies with the others through emotion, even if that means making them laugh and lightening the mood, or (as we see within) touching the part of them that *needs* to be needed. I really enjoyed that, how you showed that he is capable of more than perhaps any of them know simply by being Mikey. Perhaps he is the glue to the Hamato brothers in a way they can't entirely see.

A very suitable title and I fancy your characterization of the others too, it was just Mike that stood out. Lovely job.

Cheers.
Donakiko chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
awwwwwww

Secret Mikey (Looks at Mikey suspiciously)

Raph: (Slaps Mikey) Shell-fer-brins

Me: Do you really have nightmares mikey?

Mikey: Well Donnies not the only one :)

Me: STOP GIVING US RIDDLES!

Mickey: let me think for a second... and no

Me: Raph?

Raph: My pleasure (Cracks knuckles)

Mikey: (Girley scream)
AnimeGirl9894 chapter 1 . 7/13/2011
That was so sweet! I love stories that show a deeper side of Mikey:)

Loved it!
thehappystalkerball chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Awww, that was just so sweet! Loved it! Haha, cuddled to sleep. Like how Mikey was all sly about his explanation to Leo, too. Awesomeness! :D
Infinitechange chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Very awesome story!
Leradomi chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
please write that longer sequel I loved this and want more
MikaMckeena chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Personally I did like the story in how it showed a real bound of the four as brothers and all the more how Mikey seems to be able to chase away Donnie's night mares with just being there and hints he does it for the others. All very sweet!
Sasami1 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Very nice. I like how you subtly revealed Michelangelo's character.

Great job!
dondena chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Sweet story. Donny is such a sweet turtle. Mike does try to be understanding when times are bad. I know I would love to cuddle with Donny to sooth his nightmares too.
DuckiePray chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
ROTFL...I love it. I love their reaction to truth, and I love Mikey's method for dealing with his brother's nightmares. Very believable. They're concerned and overprotective because of the ordeal their brother went through...but all Donny needed was to FEEL needed. Great fluff.