Reviews for What a Peace Is Mine
Adalia Greyson chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
This is great please try not to get bogged down with facts and dates. I really want to read more of this.

-Adalia
littlelindentree chapter 1 . 3/2/2011
This is SUCH a promising start to what looks to be a long and engaging story. Your previous True Grit story was fantastic, and this is an excellent follow-up. The character voices you've got here are absolutely bang on, and your use of historical detail is rich and illustrative without being heavy-handed. Great idea to use the epistolary format for so much of it, too. I absolutely feel Mattie and LaBoeuf in every word.

Can't wait to read whatever comes next! Thanks for sharing this.
TwitchGlitch chapter 1 . 3/1/2011
I sincerely love this story, please continue it! :)
hungrytiger11 chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
I really enjoyed this and the slow way the letters reveal something about the two characters. Am looking forward to more of a story with your other chapters.
moviefanatic17 chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Wow. Just wow. I didn't know if there COULD be an interesting 17,000 word chapter, but you did it! I absolutely love the historical references and the time and effort you've put into making this true to the characters and the time. The banter between these two very hard-headed characters is perfect, especially Mattie's spot-on responses. Keep it coming, whether it be more 17,000 worders or 500 words! Can't wait for more!
Littera chapter 1 . 2/22/2011
You know how it goes, you see the movie, go online, try to find some fan fiction because those characters in the movie just caught your interest and you're hoping that someone else will have written a fan fiction about it that might be worth reading.

And sometimes, one finds little gems as this fic of yours! I say little, but really this prologue is so deliciously long that I might not want more until, oh say, 15 minutes!

No, that was a lie. I want the next chapter now!

(If there were any useful criticism I might leave here, I would, but right now I just love this too much. Please update soon!)
RedBrunja chapter 1 . 2/20/2011
I cannot WAIT for chapter one. I adored the letter and the history and oh! Reading this was SUCH FUN.

My favorite part is Mattie relating her tale of her prospective suitor and LaBoeuf sending her a gun in response. NOT THAT THERE'S ANY SUBTEXT THERE OR ANYTHING.

However, while I loved the letter where LaBoeuf relates what happened with the Mescalero Apaches, I didn't get a sense that he was angry from the words themselves, and I was kind of confused about the difference in tone between how Mattie describes how the letter was written versus the text itself.
Ella Palladino chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Oh, I'm so excited to read this! The prologue was absolutely brilliant and a wonderful read. You write Mattie and LeBeouf (sp?) so well.

Your research into the history and the Texas Rangers is so admirable and you weave into the story in a way that doesn't feel like info dump. (tho to be completely honest, I do sometimes skim the larger paragraphs of history info to skip to the more personal remarks exchanged between Mattie and LeBeouf, so those are my favorite parts.)

The bit you ended the prologue on, with him asking about her hair, gave me butterflies! The last couple letters show how much he does think about her and asking about how she wears her hair just seems so romantic to me (especially for the era, I guess).

Mattie's family has depth (i love her mother) and I love that you kept the banker in here! Brilliant work, I can't wait for your update (but take your time, good luck with your semester work). :D
mckenawooten chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Hi, I love you.

This is an amaaazing fic! Characterizatiosn are spot on, beautiful writing etc.!And I'm a total nerd for historical accuracy. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Captain Nny chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
You kept the characters so true to themselves, really lovely style and I give you mad props on your historical accuracy! Amazing, I really look forward to reading more.
Teardrop chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
/Please/ continue this story. You have a writing style light-years ahead of most fanfiction writers and a positive genius for cannon characterization. I was really able to recognize Mattie and LeBoef's voices and enjoyed their interactions. The amount of history and research you were able to incorporate created a world that I could vividly see. Whether or not you continue, this posting was amazing. Thanks.
Funky In Fishnet chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
Wow, I have been thrilled to discover this story. The sense of time, place and people in this is just stupendous. Your research has really paid off. I adore the bantering bond between Mattie and LeBoeuf and am I bad in wishing they end up together in some capacity? I've met happy couples with bigger gaps between their ages ;)

I read the prequel and loved it also. You have such a talent. Thanks so much for sharing it. I truly adore this story.
seren23 chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
I'm a little bit in awe over this prologue. The voices, the attention to detail: all of it makes for an amazing read. I truly can't wait for the rest!
GalFriday chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I know you are a 'busy beaver', but I am in desperate need of a new chapter! :-)

Love your writing and looking forward to more!
Luckylily chapter 1 . 2/14/2011
I love the fact this prologue is so long :D

The banter between LaBoeuf and Mattie throughout their letters is fantastic, along with the fact he sent her a gun (lol) and the way her Mother refers to LaBoeuf as 'her' Texas Ranger just before Mattie's quick witted response! You've got her character down to a t!

I can't wait for the next update on this fic, I'll definately be checking my inbox for updates on this fic!
76 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »