Reviews for Of Mice and Men
HekkuShun chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
HekkuShun chapter 1 . 4/20/2012
mlogiizer chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Hi again. :)

You have officially succeeded in combining two of my favourite things together in the most amazing one-shot ever. Of Mice and Men and Death Note. Gosh, I'm so happy (and sad). :')

I loved Light's (and in turn, I'm sure, L's) dream. It was so full of hope, so innocent, and that made everything so much sadder. And the second time Light spoke of that dream when he remembered he was Kira again, I could've cried. Actually I did when L so willingly accepted his fate.

This is such an amazing story, and I loved how subtle it was in it's tragedy. Subtleness makes me happy. I love the little things that you incorporated into this story.

It was...mind-blowing. :)

darling devotee chapter 1 . 6/17/2011 heartrending. Oh, L. Oh, *Light*.

The tenderness and simplicity and acceptance of it. The games they play even though they know they are games. L knowing his logic and objetivity are sunk and not caring. L loving Light irrevocably. Light loving L just as much but - *damn* his pride, his high-flown moral vision, his fucking refusal to lose - *not* relinquishing his schemes as Kira.

'I lay on my side to face my own flawed thing.'

He was Kira and I knew it more firmly now than I ever had before, but my gut was still not legal evidence. Maybe he had always known he was Kira, maybe he really had forgotten. It didn't make a difference in the end; I'd love him either way. How could I not love Light? How could I not love Kira?

His arms went around me a little tighter.

"And," he said finally, "we'll do it until we're crabby old guys with cats. And then we'll... we'll die in each other's arms one night. I-in our sleep..."

-chokes- words.
rainoverthehill chapter 1 . 3/15/2011

i read both of the storys, and i don t think that they are too much alike. it was great to combine of men and mice with l and light, it was more earnest and sad this way. especially the last part was really touching.
pumpkinspice-unicorn chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Whoah. Never would I have thought of the parallels between these two things. And, you executed this perfectly. I still can't get over how beautifully the concepts were woven in with Light and L. I immediately thought to how tearfully George had to bring that gun to Lenny's head, just as Light held the "gun" to L's. It's also kind of neat, you could say, how L and Lenny both have, for lack of a better way to say it, "L" names. This is perhaps one of my most favorite Death Note one-shots I've come across. I simply adore all the fics I've read of yours, and this is no exception.
samalane chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Ah, you made me cry with this. While Luckystar27's is good, I actually prefer yours! (I also like how Light is more passive and idealistic- it suits his original nature). But what I really liked was the hopeful, naive dream compared to the bitter attempt to tell the lie. And the way Light breaks down at the end and L has accepted it's fate. Light's pain at what he assumes to be a necessary action has always sort of been my dream (things could have been so different!) so it gets me during these sorts of moments, when both he and L are aware of L's impending death.

I like to think that Light would have felt regret, that there was something that could redeem him, at least a little :)
RavenFire40 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
FINE. Make me comment again~
Rein Mikazuki chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
That's so sad...out of the two of them L is the lucky one not having to live knowing you're the reason your lover died...Yeah this is similar to Lie to Me but it's still really good :D I'm glad you put it back up :3
cooliovanhoolio chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I read this, could have sworn I had read it before, got confused, read the author's note, and then felt stupid XD

Thanks for reposting it, though. It's so incredibly sweet but sad. I love it :)
Queenofinsanity chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
MoonlightM4gic chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Yay, I'm glad you put this back up! I was so sad when I went to my favourites and found it wasn't there. I even searched it up cause maybe I hadn't favourited it like I had thought.

Anywho, it's still as sad as ever, and I still love it! Thanks for reposting :D
critter141151 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011

That book was so sad although picturing L has Lennie made me laugh. Nice story~
littleann84 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Hey :)

I'm soo glad you reposted this! It really is an excellent piece of work, and a beautiful parallel to Of Mice and Men!

And thanks for promoting my story. That's really sweet of you!

~Luckystar _