Reviews for Pirates vs Ninjas: Battles of Love and Will
shunozuko18 chapter 17 . 5/30
Continuation ...

-kakashi vs. Zorro
As much as I love zorro and hate kakashi(he sucks as a teacher,he only taught naruto tree climbing and nothing else genin times boooo). Zorro's win was uncalled for. Tsukiyomi? Sure but that wasn't his only choice so he had another stronger one which he could've used(unless you purposely ignored it) during the fight. Kamui,you know the dimension sucking thing.(there's no question whether he knows already. Gaaras biju WS already gone and kakashi knew kamui when he was being rescued). I'm doubtful that zorro would know he's fighting a shadow clone if kakashi made one while kakashi rips Zorro's head with a kamui, he's an assassin so he could be silent if he wants too.

-kawarimi
Never saw ninja use replacement when a huge number of naruto episodes show them using this move when in arms growing in your body oh sure just let her finish that attack.

-kurama being weak...
Haha. You might wanna know only half of kyubi is on naruto and half on minato. You might wanna see the fight with nagato and that's just 8 tails of narutos half(minato appeared before the ninth came).
Rashenshuriken? Oroiko no jutsu? (Not sure but senjutsu?jiraya wasn't there so narhuto probably knows already)
Oh and about water being their weakness?luffy told naruto that so it means you naruto is too stupid to remember that fact,when a lot of naruto episodes show him defeating enemies due to his ingenious strategies when backed up in a corner.
Kurama can't heal people without being truly released. His chakra is poison and once it was stated that using it lowers narutos life expectancy. That was when he was still locked which is what he is in this story. Also kurama ignored naruto and ridiculed him not the other way around.

-human path of pein, episode about the naruto robot
Just please see those two so that you may know a bit more about naruto tech stuff.

Not gonna lie that I see this fic as a naruto bash, one piece praise fic bt thats your choice and I respect that so I also told you about my opinions, no need to listen to them though.

The thing is that you had the writing skills to create the best narutoxOnepiece crossover... Not gonna say you wasted your talent cause you probably enjoyed writing these but its just that your fans whether you care or not probably doubled or tripled if you didn't just make op chars invincible"like". You could've had them win all fights but not without "real" difficulty(you could tell us that they had difficulty but you know yourself about the truth).

PS. English was the third language I learned so sorry bout the grammatical and spelling mistakes...
shunozuko18 chapter 1 . 5/30
Ummm... When I started reading your fic, I really liked the way you wrote it. Its potential was actually humongous with the way you started the fanfic. Not saying that I love naruto more than one piece cause I've loved both. Its just that you made the fic with tainted perspective (you stated yourself that you love op and loathe naruto), I mean that while the story would have made a truly great plot, you made the whole story revolve around O.P. characters destroying naruto characters instead of creating a balance where the fights would be so intense that your readers would actually feel their very skins stand due to the climax of the fic. For real though, with your writing skills, if you loathe naruto so much and love one piece that you can't stomach them losing to the other. You could have at least made the fight scenes more intricate a d strategical instead of just op characters skewering the naruto ones. While I do Get the point that the op characters have skills that are foreign to the naruto characters., the very same fact applies to them.(ex. Ninjutsu, fuinjutsu). Other than that, ninjas are trained to be wary of their enemies and be observant as well as expect the unexpected while making strategies on the fly to defeat their foes otherwise they'd be dead of they didn't act like that. This thing though doesn't exist in one piece. They fight not purely only by strategy but more by strength of will or heart(I do not deny this method as I studied martial arts and our master told us that the heart must have a strong resolve for an attack to reach its true power)

Here are a few things I noticed,with ()positives , and (-)negatives.

-The fight with brook and sand trio plus matsuri.
Never in the naruto series did I see that they would just allow an enemy to walk too close to them even if they deem them lesser threats what more if brook was considered to be a threat? I'd believe that though that brook would be unhurt of both windslash and puppet trap due to his hardened bones as he stated himself in one piece that they were strengthened with calcium(and maybe haki)

-Zorro's interrogation.
During the chunin arc in naruto. Ibiki showed his scars and told the genins of the harsh ways of the shinobi life(he was tortured as his face was full of scars,he knew rape,he knew sabotage, he knew espionage, he knew poisoning innocent lives, he knew about traitors that stab you in the back, he knew the feeling of helplessness and many more,he wouldn't have been put in the TnI if he didn't know half of that) this leads to the fact that he shouldn't have been surprised by Zorro's stubbornness, he said he'd done all but simple interrogation isn't just about punches and cuts, he could've cut Zorro's fingers,fingernails or even an arm(no worries to healing,he's got tsunade for that), he coulve used a burned metal and put it on zorro, he could've plucked one of Zorro's eyes, he could've made zorro eat sedatives or truth serums,most would've made victims naked first then make the air temperature too cold for a normal human, he could've scraped Zorro's skin even cut one of his balls,he couldve put barbed wires on zorros tied hands and feet,heck even electrocute him(nahh won't work since eneru did worse). After all you stated that you want to make your plot with realistic view,those that ive stated are only a few methods of interrogation and even then those were basic,imagine that Ibiki was supposed to be a veteran on that. Also you stated zorro seems to have seen and experience more than ibiki did, as far as I saw in the op anime which I stated that I watch.(heck zorro,robin and nami were my fave) there was never a statement telling zorro experienced interrogation once since he was too strong to be captured thus he was feared as a pirate hunter(in the east blue only) and even then there wasn't a circumstance telling he knew about rapes, mutilation, body experimentation (minus doflamingos scientist,but the crew haven't met them yet in your fic it seems) so it makes me wonder if ibiki really did interrogate or just slapped him and cut a few skins while punching(thats not even considered interogation as its way too basic,in fics though) and repeatedly ask him questions. Heck has zorro got captures by his enemies, skinned alive, eyes plucked,skin burned,repeatedly sliced(well maybe) cause ibiki was stated to be.

zorro defeating killer bee.
Pretty sure he'd defeat killer bee, but that's another question with hachibi in question. You may want to search a bit for fight scenes of killerbee powered with hachibi.

-zorro telling tenten about defeat and telling him about weapon stuff.
Zorro told tenten that she probably have never been newsflash she got defeated by temari in the prelims, there is even an episode where tenten goes into her self depression about not being able to be of help for her team but got over it(so she was never arrogant after that). Also she was supposed to be a weapon mistress. While her aim using the twin rising dragons or whatever that fuinjutsu powered weapon throwing was random, this does not apply to her skills in throwing shuriken and kunai, there's also an episode where she was able to lift a ball&chainlike weapon which was about 200kg by using her strength and use various other weapons with precision and skill so that rules out the point that she has no strength in holding and attacking with a sword. Also the obviously bash about swordsmanship being that she was just slashing randomly(are you kiding me?even child's new that you need precision,grace,agility,versatility and skill to properly hold a blade let alone any weapon). Coupled with a fact that katas exist in the narutoverse(goken,Juken ex.) So this makes sword katas existence undeniable too.
while it is true that tenten would surely lose to zorro,it wouldn't have been that easy as she knows about weapons(heck that's her role,weapon mistress) so she could either counter or make countermeasures at least. Also the fact of her being lectured about stuff was defended above.

-sanji vs gai/Lee
Lee was invisible to the naked eye while he was genin during the chunin exams what more when he's strained for a while,
Gai once fought madara with the gates open, guess what, he was capable of bending space due to the force he had with his attacks.
Sanji on the other hand I've never seen disappear due to speed, zorro?luffy? Yep they could but never saw sanji oh in case you forgot lee's weights if I remember correctly during genin days were 200pounds what more during shipuden times, and gai? You wouldn't even imagine.
While luffy or zorro could win with gai or Lee I highly doubt sanji could.

-tsunade vs luffy
Remember foxy pirates cap? Well he didn't have haki on that episode so he didn't hit luffy with a special punch bat he still damaged luffy. Oh and tsunade, her first attack on the series Was a finger flick on naruto and another to the ground,well it cracked oh and during the triple standoff with gamabunta,manda,katsuyu(she wasn't godaime yet) she lifted a giant sword thats obviously not less than a few hundred heck thousand kilos and stabbed it on manda who's a giant snake so her punches not dealing damage and foxys doing a lot was bullcrap. I highly doubt any member of the op crew could fight her, she's probably an admiral(or vice admiral,,, ,akainu,kizaru) level on power scaling.

sasukes defeat on zorro and his death.
Phew liked that one,true he'd be dead with zorro. I just don't know why he didn't keep his distance when zoro was able to block the first attack(ninjas do that most of the time then calculate things) then use an amaterasu(he spammed it after learning how to use it so why not on zorro?) Zorro just watched kakashi use tsukiyomi without use so I don't think he'd dodge amaterasu.(oh BTW amaterasu can't be removed with water) Also the hebi just ran and Karin yes but juugo?you do realize he'd kill for sasuke as he said he was the only reason for his existence as kimimaro was dead. He'd throw his life away for sasuke that's for sure.

-Naruto not being determined
Umm hello? I couldn't count episodes and even fillers with narutos conviction being the point. Oh and bout the dream thjng, pirate king was luffys dream that's true.
Narutos dream WS not to take sasuke back,it was linked to his motto.
Motto:I never go back on my word,
he promised sakura to return sasuke that's the biggest reason and also he had bromance heck probably romance with sasUKE.
Also whats with him fighting for sasuke when sasuke did wrong?
He didn't fight raikage when raikage said he'd execute sasuke for kidnapping bee(I knew bee substituted with a tentacle) no he pleaded and begged, he didn't fight karui when he said bad stuff about sasuke no he let her beat him what's with him getting angry with luffy when he makes more sense than karui and raikage?
Also his dream was first to protect his precious people(courtesy of haku), be recognized(courtesy of being alone), be loved by people and bring world peace or unity(courtesy of jiraya) and not only be hokage. There are a lot of episodes(too tired to google and post) where he stated that he wanted to be homage so that he would be noticed and not ignored. He didn't want to b hokage to just lead people and be a ruler but he was deprived of affections and so he became an attention whore. Being hokage was the easiest way to be recognized, he just realized later on on what the title truly implies.

-kakashi vs. Zorro
Hektols chapter 7 . 4/17
I'm done with this shit. Luffy would have never criticized Naruto for wanting to rescue his friend or criticize because he would have done the same. No. Luffy DID the same as Naruto! He didn't give up on Nami when she betrayed the band stealing the ship and going back to Arlong. Luffy didn't give up on Robin when she left the band to go to Ennies Lobby and then declared war to the World Government to get her back and more recently he didn't give up on Sanji when he left the band to marry Big Mom's daughter. And sorry but Luffy shouldn't use Ussop's defection when he chose to not leave Merry because he considered the ship a nakama... because Ussop was fucking right! Who came to rescue the band at the end of the Ennies Lobby Arc? The very same ship that everyone but Ussop abandoned. Luffy was only right when Ussop had to apologize to return to the band for leaving but not for the reason he left. The real Luffy would have encouraged Naruto to beat some sense into Sasuke and to force the Uchiha to reflect of what he did and apologize, unlike the hypocritical bastard of this fic who pretends to be Luffy.

Then there is that shitty scene Bee and bijuus scene, the only thing they were right is that they were not demons, nothing else. First, Naruto believed that Kurama's name was Kyuubi, second Naruto (and every fucking human who was not Bee) rightfully believed that Kurama was a demon because he behaved like a demon (rage, destruction, irradiating malevolence, trying to posses Naruto all time, hurting Naruto's friends in the process). Third, Kurama was the one who refused to talk with Naruto not the other way. Fourth, Kurama telling that Naruto had no fucking and was all talk and no action when it is clear lie.

I won't talk about the power differences that make no sense..

Thank you very much for writing, you taught me what I shouldn't do when writing a crossover
Fuguruma chapter 18 . 3/13
I don't really see how this story is bashing Naruto. Great story, the only fault is that I haven't seen or read One Piece so I had to look up the characters to know who was who. Nothing was wrong on your part, I'm just an uninformed reader XD.
Money D. Lars chapter 2 . 1/21
1. The OP characters are pre or post timeskip?
saiyanvegeta1648 chapter 18 . 8/10/2016
Well I can agree with most of what you said and write.
But I think the problem is not with Naruto series but with its creator.
He actually didn't had the idea of character and in his obsession of basing the series after dragon ball he f-ucked up.

Won't say I didn't love the series at one time but that was only till part 1 and since shippuden I was only skimming it over. IMO the series started to go downhill at the start of shippuden.

The whole plot was thrown in dustbin and series was made into a sasuke rescue and worship fic. I still can't get my head around the end where sasuke was forgiven just like that.

He was a traitor, a missing nin, but just because he was sasuke he was forgiven
This is a major problem I see in the fic.

Secondly they started part one where we were shown that Konoha 12 were all playing major part with team 7 the main among them.
But suddenly it shifted to team 7 and rest were cast aside.

And there notion of ninjas is something I can't digest. The only true shinobi in whole series were the anbu and Danzo. Rest were playing hero nothing else.
Cause I thought shinobi are those who don't showcase their ability but hide it and use deception and underhanded methods. Which only Danzo used and somewhat Orochimaru or Akatsuki.
If the rest are so honour bound and against underhanded methods like Naruto claims than they should be samurai not shinobi.

Well i write whole story on why Naruto anime is not what it should or must have been but the main point will always be that Kishimoto was lazy and did this work half heartedly. There are thousands plot holes and these plot holes give us room for improvement and that's why it's so popular on fanfiction cause we have room for improvement unlike other anime like one piece.

Anyways this fic is amazing. And one piece is my favourite anime followed by dragon ball series. I loved to watch Naruto but only till part one.

And i am more than satisfied to read the fic.
Arkadian97 chapter 12 . 6/17/2016
That s was great story.I always trying to find a crossover worth my time but i wasnt expected this.
Luffy speech was awesome.İn the other crossovers naruto characters always become somebody showed them their powers has a weakness.
And by the way mister /He Who Seeks The Joys in Life/ shut your Fucking dont know anything
about one piece,Pirate king,world government and true
Meaning of 's why you dont deserve to talk
you narutard
GR chapter 18 . 10/7/2015
yeah, I know what you feel about Narutatds, I read a lot of fics and most of it is the same type, the few decents fic got abandoned somehow that the OP casts got get abandoned somehow.
Monkey D. Funky chapter 18 . 10/7/2015
I spend a lot of time on reddit, on /r/whowouldwin, and I've come to have to accept that Naruto is honestly at a higher level than One Piece.

That doesn't mean it's a better story though. I think that the battles in this fic, while perhaps not necessarily accurate, were well-written and interesting and made believable because you did a good job. And it's an enormous breath of fresh air to see the Straw Hats actually written well. Forget level of power; most crossovers with Naruto simply do an awful job with the crew.

And seriously, I cannot agree more that it ridiculous how overpowered Naruto characters get in these stories.

Overall, I would rate this as the best One Piece/Naruto crossover. Simply because you write the Straw Hats *far* better than most are capable of, and made a coherent believable plot.
Jormungandr1994 chapter 18 . 10/7/2015
I see where you were going with the chakra points thing for neji BUT the juken is also known to destroy organs it hits because of their proximity to the chakra network. It only focuses on the chakra network because the hyuuga's eyes are designed to see chakra and it allows for the hyuuga to prevent an enemy from using techniques while inflicting serious internal injury.
Leaf Ranger chapter 18 . 10/7/2015
*sighs* Do you not think then that all your so called bashing of the Naruto series stems not from an actual objectivity, but the fact that you actually do loathe Naruto, and love One Piece?

You sit here and objectively try to defend your justifications, something I can admire, but then you state that you loathe Naruto and love One Piece.

That, right there...that statements severely weakness, if not nullifies your justifications. You are looking at the series through a tainted perspective, and thus are allowing personal feelings and opinions to taint your crossover. Granted, I have not read it, and I'm not going to sit here and try to argue away your fights when I don't know what happens in them. But as someone who watched and enjoyed One Piece...for a time, and someone who has kept mostly up to date with Naruto, I feel I can at least make some arguments towards why your justifications are perhaps not entirely correct.

For starters, the feeling I'm getting is you have severely underestimated the overall stats of the Naruto characters. As you said, this is because Masashi largely didn't give us a lot to go on, but when you watch the series and read the manga, you can fill in the blanks.

This fight between Sanji and Gai. Sanji was a very skilled fighter, there is no doubt about that. I don't know exactly how powerful he is after the time skip (as I said, I followed the series for a time, but lost interest), but based off of what I had seen, Sanji is no match for Gai even before he uses his gates, for one simple reason: Gai's blistering speed. Rock Lee, Gai's apprentice, is capable of traveling at such a speed he literally disappears from view when he drops the leg weights he wears, and this was a genin under Gai's tutelage. In all likelihood, Gai's speed along at that stage would allow him to simply run rings around Sanji, delivering crushing blows, before Sanji can react. If you take it further and start using the gates...well simply put Gai and Lee with their third gates active were able to knock around a pseudo jinchuuriki going into 'feral' mode.

not to mention that while Gai might use a style that has less...'techniques' then Sanji does, Gai is an absolute master of taijutsu, who has spent his years learning how not only to fight various styles, but also how to study and anticipate his opponents movements. He literally trained himself to avoid the effects of the Sharingan by training how to anticipate and fight an opponent by only watching their feet. I would think a man of such skill and dedication would easily be able to outclass a younger, less experienced man who's only training is in how to fight with his style, rather then how to anticipate and defeat other styles of fighting.

With regards to genjutsu, you are correct there, so I won't argue that. genjutsu requires chakra, even a little bit, in the target's body, to work.

with regards to the Jyuuken techniques utilized by the Hyuuga, you're actually half wrong there. The Hyuuga can just as easily utilize their techniques to strike at a person's organs and nerve clusters as well. Neji wouldn't have to hit non existent chakra points to do damage. He could have severely crippled or killed Usopp by striking at parts of his body with the Jyuuken, causing disruption of normal body functions with the invasion of chakra.

Now, I will not deny that against someone like Zoro, the genin of Naruto wouldn't stand a chance. If they were genin still. If you had them at the Chuunin to jounin level we get after the Shippuden timeskip, that's a different matter. In that instance, more then a few of them have fought opponents who were simply faster and more skilled then Zoro was, and defeated him. Zoro is impressive, he's one of the best swordsmen I've seen, but I've never seen him reach the speed or reaction time we see of some Naruto characters. He literally would not be able to keep up with some of them, who would defeat him simply because they are so much faster then he is or ever will be. In particular the jinchuuriki of the Hachibi, Kirabi.

Luffy is really the wild card in all this. He has strength, determination, and a heart that is truly inspiring. I do think that out of the Straw Hats, he really is the one who would pose the most danger to almost any character in the Naruto series. At the same time however, there are shinobi with the experience, mentally and physically, to outthink Luffy, and bring him down. Luffy tends to be hotheaded, and most of his clever thinking seems to come from after fighting an opponent, and having a second round of combat with them if he doesn't defeat them the first time. Any of the most experienced shinobi of the series could plausibly defeat him by outthinking and out deceiving him.

Which is the main difference between the two series: The Straw Hat pirates, by their nature, tend not to be on the same level strategically as the Naruto characters. Most of the Straw Hat pirates tend to rush into battle with little plan of attack, only coming up with plans after their first defeat or draw. Now I will not say the Naruto characters are devoid of this either *glares at Naruto and Rock Lee*, but a goodly portion of them, by their experience and job description, tend to have very strategic and analytical minds that are constantly at work during a fight, to formulate the best strategy to defeat their opponents.

Lastly, the characters of One Piece have a lot of heart, there is no doubt about that, but there are characters of the Naruto universe with just as much heart. Naruto is every bit the equal of Luffy in caring for the people in his life, and even willing to go to extreme, suicidal lengths to help and protect people who he's barely met. And Naruto has just as much determination as Luffy in achieving his goals and following his own path in life. The only difference between them is Luffy's creator actually bothered to give him good upgrades during the series, and Naruto got crap until towards the end of Shippuden.

I think...my problem with what you've said here is not so much that you're bashing the Naruto series...but that you seem to believe your statements are fact. But the sad truth is...they are not. Not because they bash the Naruto series, but...because these are fictional characters in a fictional world. These cannot be fact when you compare two different fictional worlds that are not connected in any way. You can state that this is your opinion, and I'll accept and respect that. I may not agree, as my review here has more then likely shown, but I will respect your opinion, if it is just that. Perhaps you might have a few less Naruto fans hating on you if you made it known this was only your opinion? *Shrugs*

Whatever you do, I will not take up any more of your time. Continue to enjoy writing what you will, and not to be rude, but I do hope not to hear back from you. But that is up to you.
Darkangel665 chapter 18 . 10/7/2015
I am a fan of the story and I agree with you on a lot if not all of your points. Thank you for the story and (Luffy X Nami) is one of my go to OTP. I agree a sequel for this story wouldn't feel right and thank you for killing Sauske (Not sure if this is how you spell his name but he really isn't worth the time to look it up.) I really hated that guy and I also couldn't understand why Naruto had such an attachment to him. Also use to be a Naruto fan then I just got tired of it. Really after the Pain battle and Kage summit it just got stupid. Sure I heard that some backstory was interesting but really that's it. The one thing I do give to Naruto was Hinata's EPIC confession. My opinion the best confession I have ever read. I could go on and on about this but I better wrap this up. I hope that you continue writing and posting fan-fictions and that the haters don't bring you down. Good luck!
Guest chapter 17 . 9/29/2015
I agree with firestorm, you have severely underpowered the Naruto characters.
SkyeZ chapter 17 . 9/30/2015
This was epic! thanks again for the read, I enjoyed coming back for this extra wonderful chapter _
northwind132 chapter 17 . 9/30/2015
Nice. Sasuke finally gone! Hope for more soon.