Reviews for In His 'Tousan's Footsteps
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 3 . 4/22/2013
This was really good and has very unique promise. The new Pokemon Hocho is very nice as well. Relationship development is going smoothly and not rushed:). Great job and update soon!
kage kitsune 14 chapter 2 . 2/25/2012
Good story. Just thought I should mention that you used Jesse and James for the motto but their japanese names for the rest of the chapter. Thought you'd want to know so you could correct the incosistancy
SilverStella chapter 3 . 8/10/2011
Hey! AWESOME!

I'm getting a kick out of the fact that Satoshi and Kasumi have reverted to, not only No honourifics, but Shortened- Nicknames! LOL! And better yet: They don't Even Realise It! Love it!

P.s You say Ash once. Just so you know.

Oh, and that Hocho! KAWAII! Talk about Papa Sato! Of course, that means its gonna need to form a connection with Kas! ;D

Ah, and that part when Samurai says "women seen not heard" and Sato and Kas's reactions: BAHAHAHA! I loved their banter. And then her rant at the "his women" comment! Go Girl!

Anyway: LOVING IT!

Honestly can't wait for the 'meet the parents' bit... Gonna be Fantastic, I just know it!

Anyhoo: Can't wait for the next chappie!
lordsesshomaru2 chapter 3 . 8/8/2011
when i first read the description for this story, i was leery about reading it, since many of the fanfics i've read that try to take this route either do too little to make any real changes, or the changes they do make are ill-written and confusing. I'm pleased to say this story is neither, but rather takes on a refreshing change of pace. I'm definitely going to look forward to rest of this story.
Odinson91 chapter 3 . 8/2/2011
Misty shows that she's a strong woman and won't take crap from anyone. Especially chauvinistic chimps in samurai cosplay. That's incredibly hot btw. Message to Misty, 'quit acting so cute or he'll never give you another bike just to keep you around' :)

So any idea around what city you'll have them admit they like each other?

9/10 (you're always scoring high, aren't you? Hehe)
Knight of Wings chapter 3 . 8/1/2011
Nice chapter. I'm glad that you updated, i seriously thought that the egg was a Ho-Oh. Anyway, i liek how the characters are progressing. You're keeping them in characte, while at the same time adding maturity to them. Well done.
saveme57 chapter 3 . 8/1/2011
Great story hopefully ash gets a pidgey or pidgeoto since in the series pidgeoto was his most loyal pokemon next to pikachu. Hocho sounds like a baby form of hoho if so that is awesome and original. Good thing the samuri learned to shutup after misty yelled at him otherwise he'd be in the hospital lol. Why do you use the Japanese names instead of English ones? Hopefully as ash catches bulbasaur, squirtle and charmander he can evolve them into their awesome final forms even if they have obediance issues. Who is Brock paired with I know you said who but I didn't reconize the persons name could u tell me their English name. Great story
gookhater666 trollface.jpeg chapter 3 . 8/1/2011
your a faggot for writing in the japanese names, you gook.
papoteer chapter 2 . 7/8/2011
Nice reinvention. Setting the maturity of the characters higher seems suitable since 10 year-olders marauding all over in a dangerous world filled with wild Pokemon seems so reckless anyway.

There's still little difference between the original and this one, probably because these are just the first chapters, so I'm looking forward to the next ones.

It's really interesting, you know, Satoshi and Kasumi, travelling together, at age 16... something's really bound to spark...

I'm also looking forward to how you'll mold Jessie and James. They seem to be more villainous and nasty this time around, though I really love their humor in the original.

Until then, keep up the beautiful work :)
SilverStella chapter 2 . 5/5/2011
LOVE IT!
Odinson91 chapter 2 . 3/29/2011
Not much to say, I liked it. 8.5/10
Knight of Wings chapter 2 . 3/27/2011
Nice chapter. I like the detail that you added in. Defineately like how you made Satoshi, more competent. Can't wait for the next chapter. By the way are you ever ghoing to have him catch a legendary, because i seriously feel that after all that he goes through he deserves at least one. Maybe you can have him find a Ho-Ho egg or something. Later.
saveme57 chapter 2 . 3/26/2011
Can u make a list of everyone with their Japanese name next to their English name so I know who's who(i only know ash and misty's jap. names). I look forward to seeing this story progress and how it stays the samevas the tv show and how it differs.
Mika Tenoh chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
So I decided to check out your story. It's really good! I can't wait to read more!
Observer chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Not to sound lame or anything but...

When you said that this is the longest chapter you have written, I must humbly disagree...

This is not a chapter you have written aside from your additions. What you did was you have successfully put into words the Episode 1 of Pokemon.

Although you do have promise in writing, I would suggest that you make this story of yours interesting and not a retelling of what happened in the show from start to finish.