Reviews for Sunshine Memories
Ravnur chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Last Narnia/HP fic for me to review... I feel sad over that fact.

The way you closed the door to Narnia for Victoire was just amazing. I love how different Victoire and Lucy are. I love them both, but I admire Victoire for her choice to move on with Teddy.

I liked how you showed the differences between Peter and Teddy - Teddy is no king, but Victoire loves him, and can have a life with him, unlike Peter, who's so far away.

I seem to overuse the word bittersweet generally, but this was truly bittersweet. I recognize that feeling. It always comes when I think of things that are over - doors that have closed, and there's no way to open them, no matter how much you just want to do that. You feel sad. But there's a saying, for every door that closes, a new one opens.

I felt that Victoire was finally moving on... Well, that was my interpretation.
whatabeautifulmess chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
That is just completely and utterly beautiful. I love it just as much as I love "A World for Dreamers"; and that's one of my favourite fics ever, so...

Yeah, I can't really pick out a favourite it bit - probably the kiss, though it was all so good. It flowed so well from one section to the next, and I just adore how you characterised Victoire - you got her longing and her fondness for Peter just right, as well as how much she likes Teddy. You can feel her confusion, it's so well-written.

I have the feeling that that review is a complete load of jumbled up rubbish, but I'm having a little trouble marshalling my thoughts at present. Sorry about that, Pearl.
wizardsandtimelords chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
thi story was soo full of fairytale love, it was amazing , keep writing stories like this :)
lonely hands chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
You just... never stop writing these crossovers, Pearl. Please, just don't stop. I don't think I could go on if you stopped.

/dramtic pause

Anyway, I often find it quite hard to like Victoire - don't ask me why - and you know, I think it has something to do with the NextGen boys - I don't like her with any of them. Period.

But, oh. OH. PeterVictoire? Well, that's something else entirely!

I love how you pull of the flashbacks - sometimes they ruin a fic, depending on the talent of the writer - and how beautifully tragic the whole piece was, really.

Gosh.
StarUponHeaven chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
I loved it :) It was nice reading about what happened to Victoire, since we didn't get to in "A World for Dreamers" ... But yeah, keep on writing, HP/Narnia Crossovers seem to suit you ;)
Violet Saphira Darling chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
gosh i love peter! :) haha that was really sweet, their kiss, and their banter is actually quite funny. i laughed aloud a couple of times:) luv itt
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I really liked this one too - I lovelovelove your Victoire. (Honestly, I think I pretty much like how you write all your characters!) and the flashbacks were really nice. The beginning scene was beautifully written as well. Peter and Victoire were adorable together as well, but I have to say, I wasn't too sad at the ending because I knew it was coming from A World of Dreamers, and anyway, she belongs with Teddy! ;)
lowi chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
This was amazing! Your cross-overs are so good, and this one nearly made me cry. The very last sentence was beautiful and poor victoire and poor Teddy and poor Peter... I absolutely adored it all!
renzhie chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
1. The very first sentence got me hooked. It was sooo simple, but yet had so much meaning. I was like, "OMG, for the love of (insert anything you want here), Peter and Victorie are made for each other. END OF STORY. Everyone could see that. XD aasjdhhwjewj. You know, I am never a fan of Teddy/Victoire and you just gave me a light, PEARL. From now on, I ship Victoire with Peter. Yes, the decision is made. &hearts &hearts &hearts

Alright, let's move on.

2. Merlin, the second part... The description of Victoire's feeling. I felt like I was in the story. I could feel what Victoire was feeling.,ajdjdayehjfe. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO GREAT, PEARL? such a crime. &hearts

3. OMG...THE MEMORY..PETER..*AWESTRUCK* you know, if I were Victoire, I wouldn't be relaxed. How could I when I was mere inches away from King Peter whatever-his-middle-name-is Pensive? /Siriusly/

and then I was like 'NOOO, Don't go home! you belong to Peter!' XD Peter was adorable, though not as adorable as Edmund (Skandar Keynes) /ahem/ that's beside the point. ;)

4. QUOTE: 'It's stupid, really, she reminds herself. It was just a crush, we were too young, he's from a different world, and I have Teddy, for Merlin's sake' WHAT. IS. THIS? Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, Torie. Forget about Teddy. You love PETER. ;)

5. QUOTE: And she remembers a world where the sky wasn't perpetually grey, where it was always blue and the sun was always shining and she could spend time with a boy who made butterflies dance in her stomach and not have a care in the world, no jealousy over Teddy, no expectations of good grades, no girls undermining her because she's just a pretty little part-Veela girl with nothing going for her but her looks. But the heart wants what the heart wants, doesn't it

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD AT PLAYING WORDS? Such a crime. (second mentions, but oh well) &hearts

6. ANOTHER MEMORY. I LOVE HOW PETER WAS (sorry for the language) BLOODY /awkward/, but still managed to be ADORABLE AND AND AND CUTE.

QUOTE: He coughs, avoiding her eyes. "Yes, um, I'm quite fond of you as well."

/fainted.

7. NO. GO AWAY TEDDY. XD

8. THE COMPLIMENT, THE KISS, THE ADMISSION. NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE WHAT I REALLY FEEL ABOUT THIS PART. Can I just marry your Peter? Or Edmund? XD

9. QUOTE: And then, much faster than their first kiss, it's over in the blink of an eye. It's all over.

'...' I couldn't speak..I hate you. *tears*

10. WRITE ANOTHER HP/NARNIA CROSSOVER... nagnagnagnagnag &hearts &hearts &hearts

11. back to real life. You were lucky that I lived far away from England, Teddy. XD

12. QUOTE: Because every childhood has an end, and not even the boy who brightens her world can change that.

IT HURTS, it bloody hurts. damn.

13. Victoire/Peter Perfection.

14. Overall... This was... perfect. yeah. The combination of Romance, fluff, and angst were just amazing. You put everything I have written into shame. -shakes head-

15. Incredibly amazing, fabulous, & marvelous job.

16. WRITE ANOTHER ONE. /still nagging/

17. Oh well, I will shut up now.

18. but

19. I love 19. Victoire/Peter, FTW. ;)
combeferring chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
PEARL THIS IS FANTASTIC!

I am not going to do a list this time, as we know what happened last time, as I apologise in advance for the jumbled, gushing mess this review will be ;)

THE FIRST LINE. /How/ do you do it? It just hooked me in and then BOOM it's Victoire and I love her because you alwaysalways characterise her perfectly and this time is no exception!

Ooh, Peter makes me all gooey inside because he's so sweet!

"her hand brushes against the well-worn spine of a book she would know anywhere" - LOVE IT. It just genuinely made me realise how deep she was affected by it all and just GAH.

VictoirePeter moment was absolutely fantastically mindblowing when he's teasing her and she's laughing with him and I WANT TO MARRY THIS FIC, alright?

Cair Paravel... Peter...Saying he's cute... THE KISS aojhjogbojgbqeo. It just about broke my heart becuase it was so sad and your writing has so much emotion in it!

THE ENDING. Oh my Merlin, Pearl, this has so many shades of fantastic in it I feel like I'm butchering it in this review because I can't physically put down in words how breathtaking it was. I don't think anything, aprt from World For Dreamers, has affected me anymore.

I'm just so happy she got a happy ending with Teddy (can you believe I'm saying that? I can't!)

And the last line was just as beautiful and wonderful and magical as the first and I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, MAN.

This is also me begging you to write another LucuEdmund because the wrold needs more fantastic Narnia Crossovers from you.

Oh, Pearl, I love this so much, you really can't believe. It's just magical and I know I've said so before but I felt the need to say it again because it's true and no matter how many times I ay how wonderful it is IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH.

I love you and your writing and this fic and Victoire and Peter veryvery much.
Ninja Potter chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Yay! I'm sooo glad you wrote another! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I thought this was so cute and well-written!

I must admit, Teddy seemed like a mere distraction in this one but that's ok cuz know I love Peter/Victoire too!

Great job and keep writing crossovers!
chasingafterstarlight chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Aw, Pearl, what was this?

It was just /amazing/ and I loved it, really, I did! But the ending was so sad... poor Victoire, and especially Peter! Peter's so /awkward/ and it was just... heart-breaking but still lovely.

Amazing job!
stilessttilinski chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Okay, I'm typing this as I'm reading, so excuse the utter rambliness and stuff ;)

I'm making a list again because this is freakin' awesomesauce, Pearl.

1. First sentence; Okay, I'm hooked already. How is this possible? I do not know. It's such a simple sentence but it drags me in like a hook, and YAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY READING MOARRRRR NAOOOO~

2. Victoire thinking; I love that this is her favourite time of day, because she can just lie there and think and just /remember/. It's so simplistically pretty and I love Victoire already ;)

3. The memory; OH LORD. OH F-CKING LORD. Hello Peter. /Hello/. /smiles in creepy way. OH MY GOSH HE JUST TAUGHT HER ANOTHER WAY TO RELAX. OH MY GOSH. SHE'S CRYING. AND HE'S SO SHY AND "ADORABLY ALARMED" AND DJASIDUHASDI SQUEE! Oh- OH! She's going to miss him :( NOW HE'S BLUSHING. HE. IS. BLUSHING. PETER PEVENSIE IS BLUSHING. THIS IS LOVE.

4. Her denying it; NO, VIC. Y U DENY YOUR TRUE LOVE FOR PETEY-BOY? NO. U NO DENY. GOSH VIC. YOU OBVIOUSLY BELONG TOGETHER. DUH.

5. She's taking out the book now. She's 's thinking about /him/. I LIKE HOW YOU CAN JUST WRITE SO PRETTILY AND BE SO DESCRIPTIVE AT THE SAME TIME. HOW DO YOU DO THIS. I MUST KNOW THE SECRET ;)

'And she remembers a world where the sky wasn't perpetually grey, where it was always blue and the sun was always shining and she could spend time with a boy who made butterflies dance in her stomach and not have a care in the world, no jealousy over Teddy, no expectations of good grades, no girls undermining her because she's just a pretty little part-Veela girl with nothing going for her but her looks.' THIS PARAGRAPH! OH. MY. GOD. HNNG. I AM DYING. The heart wants what the heart wants, doesn't it Vic? Gosh- that was so deep and emotional and heartbreaking; I feel like this ending isn't gonna be a good one :(

5. Her mode of transportation- Lovely, Vic, lovely. PETER'S HERE. OMG. OMG. OMG. /hyperventilates. You're all wet now Vic, gosh.

6. HOLY SH-T! HE JUST. THE IMPLICATION AND. I TOTALLY JUST PREDICTED THAT. HOW COOL IS THAT. OH MY GOD. YOU'RE SO AWKWARD AND BUMBLING AND SESXY, PETER. Oh, so Edmund's fond of her, huh? /wiggles eyebrows. Peter- U JEALOUS? /using a lot of caps and Tumblr language in this review, apparently ;) just my way of expressing how much I adore this.

7. HE. IS. FOND. OF. HER. AS. WELL. Y U SO AWKWARD PETER. Y U NO KISS HER. KISS HER. GODDAM-OH MY GOD, VIC, YOU'RE SUCH A - YOU JUST MADE VICTOIRE WEASLEY BLUSH. CONSIDER THAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT OF THE CENTURY. THhis particular moment is definitely going to be one of my favorites- it's adorable and funny and cute and PETERVICTOIRE IS MY NEW SHIP, OKAY.

8. NO. NO MORE MEMORY? WHAT. NO. TEDDY'S HERE. NO- OH WAIT. HE'S ASKING HER ABOUT NARNIA. AND AGAIN- HE KNOWS, YET HE DOESN'T KNOW ;) Aw, man, Vic! No! It can't be 'memory lane'. Can you go away Teddy. Like siriusly. No. Oh god, Vic- dream, dream ALL YOU WANT. Never leave the dream- don't go back to Teddy, girl, you belong with Petey-boy ;)

9. YES. ANOTHER MEMORY. YAY FOR BALLS. BALLS ARE AWESOME. Man, he's so elegant and debonair and she's so teenaged girl and nervous, and gosh, they're so good together. peter's so flattering and Vic is BLUSHING, and I don't think I could love this any more, Pearl. My heart is like, filling with shipper happiness and love and the beauty of this is breathtaking- I adore you for this scene.I love how all four of them like her ;)

10. He's complimenting her and she's feeling small in the room, and he's so graceful- beautiful- and she's so- OKAY. OKAY. WHY DID YOU NOT KISS HER, PETER. I IS ANGWEE./ Oh wait.

WAIT.

WAIT! HE. KISSED. HER. HE JUST- THIS DESCRIPTION IS MAKING MY HEART MELT INTO A PUDDLE AROUND MY FEET,. AND LOVE IS JUST SPURTING OUT OF EVERYWHERE, AND HAPPINESS. I AM HAPPY. I AM CONTENT. YAY FOR THIS KISS. THIS KISS IS AWESOMESAUCE. ALRIGHT.

11. WHOA. HE JUST. WHOA. HE'S SO AWKWARD. MAN- I LOVE HIM. MAY I MARRY PETER? MAY I? PLEASE? Oh gosh. Their banter makes me want to swoon. She's pretty, huh Peter? Huh? ;)AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! She'll miss him! And he'll miss her! And she kisses him agai-

WAIT ONE SECOND. It's all over? WHATEVER DO YOU MEAN, IT'S ALL OVER.

12. Um, she slides the book back? Her world dims? Everything's back to normal? Things are happening again? What?

WAIT. WAIT. WAIT. Teddy's back. And...they're back together, and she's so /fake/, and it's so /wrong/, I cannot even.

...She just closed the door to Narnia behind her? Um, WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? NOOOOOOOOOOOO~ Peter and Vic must be together. THEY HAVE TO! NOOOOOOO!

13. Wow, the last sentence- SO. FRIGGING. HEARTBREAKING. Why must you do this to me, Pearl? WHY? The ending literally broke my heart. I am dead. CAN I DIE? Can Teddy just go away? Can Vic go back to Narnia and stay there, FOREVER~~~~?

PLEASE? OH MY GOD. I- I-I literally can't. This was beautiful and so freaking sad, and gosh, I still loved it, and you, even for the ending ;)

14. Victoire; her character in this was phenomenal. She was wonderful and so Victoire, and so pretty and teasing and nostalgic, and I adore her. I felt sososo bad for her; Kings aren't meant for everyone, remember Vic? It's so freaking depressing- but I still adore it! And I hope Vic keeps reminscing and I reallyreally hope she never forgets about Peter :(

15. Peter; He is fucking amazing. He is the awesomesauce. He is supermegafoxyawesomehot. How do you do this? How do you make me love all your characters like this? How is this possible? I love your Edmund and your Peter and I love all the Pevensies. And you really just make me want to go back and read Narnia ALL OVER AGAIN. I adore this and him so much it's literally not even possible.

16. Teddy; is it weird that I like him even though /he/ ends up with Vic and basically takes her away from Teddy? ;) Is that weird? Ah well. He's funny and cute and TOTALLY NOT THE BEST FOR VICTOIRE, but I love him anyway. She belongs with Peter, gosh. But alas, he's the next-best choice and all Victoire can do is dream, right? That was incredibly well-written, and I'm so sorry for this long and stupid review, and god.

17. The whole thing with making it into sections and memories and flashbacks was so GOOD! It just fitted with the plot and Victoire thinking back, and I love the way you wrote this. I love that you went back and forth, it was awesome yo :3

18. Plot; Okay, this crossover is tied with A World For Dreamers, because I love both of them so much that I can't even comprehend how much i love them and adore them and- I will read both of these over again, a million times. Granted, this wasn't as long as A World For Dreamers, but I loved it just as much. Just- your whole writing style, and the plot, and the pairings just-WOW. This has to be the longest review I've ever sent. Ever. Man. I just literally died, it was that amazing ;) Just-FUCKING WOW! OH MY GOD, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

THERE ARE NO WORDS.

Pearl- this is definitely one of the best Victoire fics out there- as A World for Dreamers is one of the best Lucy ones out there. Just never stop writing these, okay Pearl? Nevereverever.

I love you, I love this, it was supermegafoxyawesomehot, it was terrfic, phenomenal, fantastic, extraordinary, exceptional, unique, stunning, gorgeous, beautiful, excellent, marvelous, incredible, awesome, amazingastonishingly cool, wonderful, and just freaking breathtaking, okay? Gosh.

I freaking love you- no matter how many times I say it- it'll never be enough. So I think I'll put abillion hearts, how about that ;)

-JennH.

Um, if I could favorite this ten times, I would. And I would favorite you as an author like a billion times if I could. I really, really would. God. This was fucking- thereare no words for how amazing this is, okay? ;)

I LOVE YOU, AND THIS IS SUCH A LONG AND STUPID AND RAMBLY REVIEW, SO I'M SORRY. 1725 FREAKING CHARACTERS LEFT , never mind. GOSH THIS IS SUCH A LONG REVIEW, SO I'LL CUT IT SHORT.

THAT WAS AWESOMESAUCE. (MORE THAN AWESOMESAUCE BUT YOU GET IT) ;) I LOVE YOU, WILL GO OVER TO RANDOMNESS TO RAVE NOW~~~~~
RoseScor90 chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
Can't you give them a happy ending? Pretty please? This was just too heart wrenching!

I never much like Peter as much as Edmund and I'm an avid Teddy/Victoire shipper but this was just too good! They belong together!

Could you write another story about them? You're so obviously wonderful at writing them!
Shattered Visibility chapter 1 . 2/5/2011
The fic was wonderfully angsty. I was not sad when I read this, because I figured that Peter and Victoire would not get together, especially since they appeared to be in the same continuity. Shame, though. It was excellent. :D