Reviews for What if I Told You
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 4/23
That drama was much better and completely part of the story. Speaking of story . . . where is the rest of it? This is marked complete but, it isn't competed. I like that she is now one of them. I love that she's got complete control of everything right away. Well, except that temper! Whew, she nearly took Carlisle's head off with that outburst. Sheesh. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here.
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 4/23
Well that was a ridiculous amount of unnecessary drama. Yawn.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 4/23
That was absolutely beautiful. They finally got back to themselves and gave into the passion. I loved that it was several times for both of them. That they shared the afternoon with his family afterwards. Charlie was quite the pill. Wonder why Edward can't hear this guy? And, I am guessing that Alice can't see him either? Or, she would've seen this happening. Poor Edward will be beside himself for leaving her unattended. Which quite frankly he should feel bad. They loved know that these vamps are after her. Speaking of that, shouldn't they all be out patrolling, instead of sitting around visiting back at the Cullen's? Rathe irresponsible of them all, if you ask me. They've all failed her now. When she needs them the most.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 4/23
Wow, first I was surprised that Jake wasn't fuming angry standing there with the tribe, that his thoughts were calm. Then, you made me even more surprised with him maintaining control when he met Edward at the treaty line. To learn that Jacob respect the Cullen's was quite something. That he's accepted that Bella will be one of them someday, amazing. I did like that he was willing to investigate further on his end and meet him again if needed. That Edward made him realize that Sam had not phased in quite a while and that angered Jake. Very surprising chapter. Even the very minute progress Edward and Bella made in him letting her know this was not him making choices for her. It was him making choices for his family, their family. She was mad, yet understood. I just worry, if all the Cullen's and Denali's are out hunting and Edward is with Jake, who is watching Bella at her house?
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 4/23
I'm glad that Bella finally let Edward talk and explain how he tricked his family into thinking that they broke up amicably. Alice admitting she saw and heard it all, yet stayed true to Edward because he'd never once asked this of any of them. Still doesn't excuse her. I think that is harder to forgive. That she knew and s isn't tell the rest of the family what Edward had done. I don't think any of them, including Rose, would've left if they'd known the truth. I've got to say I'm so glad that Edward is truly kissing Bella in your story. No closed mouth kisses and being chaste. He's really going for it this time around. Loved the lime you served up. Her mortification over the wet spot. Alice's text letting him know he's a perv and that she left clothes, was fun. I'm so glad that Bella wasn't taking Tanya's crap. That almost year, has very much made Bella so much stronger. She's not putting up with anybody's crap anymore. I almost feel sorry for Jake, almost, when inevitably she comes face to face with him. I don't think he'll stand a chance around her. She may rip him a new asshole for trying shit with her, when he knew she'd mated with Edward. Knowingnthat eventually he'll imprint with someone else so, how could he do that to her.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 4/23
I really wish Alice hadn't interrupted Edward's perusal of himself, lost in the fantasy of Bella. That was all kinds of sexy. I'm happy they explained what was going on with the tribe and the rogue vampires. Her reaction was odd, walking away down their drive. What she screamed at Edward made sense, as once again she's thrust into something that is not in her control. I was very glad he told her that when she is ready, he wants to change her. That he wants forever. She didn't like hearing it but, I did. She could always say to Jake, when he tries to tell them they broke the treaty by telling her, that she figured it all out from his ramblings years ago. Then use that as her excuse as to why she never wanted him in that way. Going further to say, she knows that she eventually will be just like them and the thought of being with a werewolf nearly destroyed her inside. That was why she stayed away, because she figured it all out. She has to learn how to lie eventually, why not start there, right? Saying she figured the Cold Ones out, thanks to his story, so it only meant that their tribe were the werewolves. It was not hard to put two and two together. He may buy that and it would protect the Cullen's form their stupid war threat. They can protect Charlie. As a matter of fact, have Charlie there when they have to shift into their wolf forms, have him see this and realize there is more. I'm sure as long as Charlie has been hanging around with Billy, he's heard the same story too man times himself. Wouldn't take him but a minute to put two and two together. I'm glad she got angry with the Cullen's. She needed that in her healing. Loved the way she spoke to Rose. You really can't pick the human qualities we all end up with.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 4/23
I was hoping with Emmett's bat hanging on Bella's truck door, that it meant he and/or Rosalie fixed her seatbelt. I guess it hasn't been. It isn't like any of them to forget that. The fact that it is Esme and Carlisle that know about the broken belt, one would think they'd have mentioned it to Rosalie at the very least. I digress. I'd forgotten about Jake. Figured with all the drama over her and Edward mending themselves, that was enough. Adding Jake in, seems overkill. Especially because Jake clearly wants Bella for himself, that was evident in the meeting they had with the counsel. Bella not wanting Edward right now, will be taken the very wrong way by Jake. Nobody bothered to explain that mates are the same, if not stronger, than imprints. I never understand why that was never brought up strongly enough in THE books. So, with your rewritten version, I was really hoping it was brought up and clarified for the elders. Edward's instant reaction during the meeting showed he's still stuck on stupid when it comes to Bella and letting her choose her way. I hope his coming to her house will be him explains what is happening. Letting her voice what she wants to voice. More importantly, choose what she wants to do about it.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 4/23
We knew she wouldn't let him back into her heart right away. She's closed off that heart of hers and stored it away tightly. It'll take him months to break through to her. She wants and loves him, will want and love him forever. However, she doesn't trust him and that there is the crux of it. How do you open your heart to someone you can no longer trust. Especially knowing how bad you handled it the first time around. Have you ever read the one where Edward tries to dump Bella in the woods and she tells him no? She demands a counsel with his family. Then demands a court hearing be held with his family during that meeting. He tries to get the family to move and they all refuse. She wants Rosalie to be the judge, Emmett is the bailiff. It is very well written and quite funny through the drama. Don't remember the name, but it was really good.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 4/23
I liked this chapter. It was good that she got to see each of them in different environments. Not at their home. Not at hers. So glad that Rosalie sees Bella differently now. Accepts her. Emmett being calm and caring, in lieu of his normal loud and funny, was perfect. Jasper was quite the surprise. Loved that scene the most. His hugging Bella until she kicked and screamed it out of her was cathartic. The way you played Alice and Bella was good. Aging them run and hug each other after such heartbreak is never believable. It worked in THE books, because Alice had that vision and they were on borrowed time. This is more realistic. Their anger was good. Alice never stopped watching Bella and she knew she never moved on in her life, that it fell apart. That pissed Alice off. Although, I think that anger should be placed at Edward's feet, not Bella's. Bella's anger was justified. She left and never stayed in contact. Even just an email would've helped Bella move on, I think. Perhaps that was why Alice didn't respond. Either way, Alice hurt Bella as much as Edward hurt Bella, just differently.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 4/23
Bella was spectacular in this. I wanted her to throw in that Edward left to protect her. Even though that little slip would've raised more questions in Charlie's mind. I really liked that she said she'd go to the Cullen's. She knows they'd have her in a red hot minute. So does Charlie, and that scared him. Her yelling that she's an adult isn't really conducive to being one but, she got the message through to Charlie. I very much liked the strength that she demonstrated here.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 4/23
Carlisle was absolutely brilliant in this chapter. I don't understand how Alice didn't see what Edward decided to do to Bella and share it with the family. From the reaction of Esme and Carlisle, I guess she must've kept it to herself and Jasper. What Carlisle did and said was waaaaay long overdue. I'm glad he forced Edward to sit there and take it. He needed to hear all of it. Edward texting Bella and her answering him out loud was funny. I know it wasn't meant to be, but it tickled me. Loved that he came in and comforted her, and himself by doing so, until she fell asleep. I was very surprised that Edward stuck around for Charlie to even see him in the room. I guess this time he's not backing down from his punishments. I think Charlie would be more hurt than Edward if he fired off that shotgun. It would've ricocheted off of him and most likely gone into Charlie, being that he was so close. I'm glad Bella is going to talk to her father. Not sure if you plan on Charlie finding out what the Cullen's are in this story but, I imagine he may understand more, once he knows why Edward left. What exactly Edward meant by he thought it would be better for Bella if he were gone. Maybe even have Charlie mate with a female vampire, to understand completely.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 4/23
Wow, I really liked that role reversal. What a great way for him to understand and see, exactly how he made her feel. I loved her parting line. 'Run Edward. It's what you're good at.' Truer words. She was always so much stronger than him. So much.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 4/23
Poor Charlie. What he must've had to endure through this past year, wow. A freaking mental hospital was mentioned. No, this won't be easy, especially for Charlie. I do have hope though. At least the family is coming home. However, if she is going off to college, she won't be in Forks. Unless she's not going to college, because of how messed up she is?
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 4/23
Well, I certainly hope that call made Edward feel unbelievably small. Made him realize he broke her when he left her. I'm so very happy she called them in that state, as it gave them a much clearer idea of what Bella is going through. Alcohol brings out honesty in some. I was actually surprised that Edward was even there with his family. Figured it was him there growling at parts. Still surprised me when he answered her back, when she asked if he was there.
AcetaBells chapter 3 . 3/4
that first chapter was so cathartic like yes bella please get drunk and yell at the cullens and now this chapter? oh the backwards telling of their original parting words? soooo great! and it's so original, i've never read it before
1,166 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »