Reviews for Macross Effect
Nicholas.Diego chapter 2 . 5/10
ME 4 already available and there is no sign of update.. :(
H3Knuckles chapter 1 . 12/8/2015
Interesting so far, on to Ch. 2 now...

Couple of nitpicks; at one point you have sensor operator, Hood, say the line: "Captain, detecting the star system 100,000 kilometers of the port side." This makes no sense at all. A star system is a system of stars orbiting a common point, I'm pretty sure you mean a planetary system (for example, the solar system is a planetary system that orbits Sol, our sun). Also, the solar system alone has a radius (that is, half the distance across) of about 100,000 Astronomical Units (or 2 light years), which are 150 million kilometers each, if you consider the Oort Cloud the outer perimeter of the system. If you want to stop at the heliopause, where the solar wind equals the interstellar wind (which is still well past Pluto), that's still a 100 AU radius, putting the kilometer radius in the tens of billions range. Either way, "100,000 kilometers" to a planetary system is kind of a nonsense distance. Additionally, "of the port side" should be "off the port side", though I'm not really sure what relevance two-dimensional naval orientation has for interstellar navigation.

Last thing: I'm pretty sure Macross tech doesn't have "fold points" like Battletech's KF Jump drives. You can pretty much fold where you like as long as you aren't capturing matter with you upon departure (which can be a problem for whatever's at the arrival point, or just bad for whoever's along for the ride, as in the first two episodes of the original series). I've just recently read a couple Macross fics over at the Spacebattles forums depict it that way and none of the die-hard fans complained despite that being the ultimate home for technical pedants.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/8/2015
I just read this and I am wondering why you haven't updated it. This is a great beginning you have so far. I hope you continue it.
AndreyKl chapter 2 . 9/15/2013
Excellent dialogs.
Meeting of humans, quarians and batarians (even if they were following quarians) simultaneously near ruins in one day is a bit unlikely (more like out of charts), still good start.

Shame there were no updates for so long, with such dialogs and technological differences, battle should be at good level.

In case you will continue story:
SDF-1 1,210m (ME dreadnought size)
SDF-2 1,620m
Quiltra-Quelamitz Class Medium-Scale Gunboat 1500m
Quiltra Queleual Class Landing Ship Tank 3000m
Queadol-Magdomilla Class Fleet Command Battleship 2700m
Thurvel-Salan Class Battleship 2300m
Nupetiet-Vergnitzs-Class Fleet Command Battleship 4000m
Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Class Mothership -890 kilometers (ME species are waiting for a huge shock)
Trife chapter 2 . 9/2/2012
Interesting chapter. Hope to see more.

Trife
Trife chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Good start all I can say is that I hope you don't try to turn this into a ME canon story complete with a shrimp of a ship called Normandy. UN Ships seem to be bigger and far more powerful then any of the ME factions to it will be interesting to see how the Council are no longer the big boys on the block! :D

Also please don't have them using that rather primitive energy source known as Element Zero (EZ) as their current technology with energy generation is far superior to EZ.

Trife
Abaddon953 chapter 2 . 5/13/2012
Hi,

I quite like this story so far, and am looking forward to seeing (reading, actually) the expressions of the Quarians and the Batarians as a warship rises from the waves to engage in combat, and as Humanoid "robots" appear. I wonder, will the Quarians see the Mecha as robots or warmachines similar to tanks? Also, not sure if I missed it, but what is the size of the stealth frigate? On a final note, Mass Effect 3 has been out for a while, so is this story dead, postponed/on hiatus, or are you writing the next chapter? It has been awhile, so posting a note on its status would be very appreciated, instead of just leaving readers guessing as to its fate.

Cheers,

Abaddon953
edboy4926 chapter 2 . 5/7/2012
Good story

Please continue
dragun20 chapter 2 . 2/18/2012
interesting story so far wonder if their will be some canons from macross frontier.
Huitt1989 chapter 2 . 1/17/2012
This is great, their is no other words that i can use to describe it. I want to see more of this fantastic work in the neare future.
douchiesnacks chapter 2 . 12/31/2011
good chapter.
douchiesnacks chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
interesting fic.
kamikage86 chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
FINALLY an update, with your intent to wait ME3 yu most likely would have never updated, please continue soon, please.
darkfinder chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
how sad no more . that's months away .
Sigma-del-Prisium chapter 2 . 12/26/2011
OoohhH! SDF Shenlong vs batarian slaver ship. And i like the Godzilla reference where Seeto fell into a Valkyrie's footprint.

Hope we see more of your new chapter soon.