Reviews for Bend and Break
SuchaCarelessWhisper chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
~This was very good...no EXCELLENT! I enjoyed reading every last bit of it. You should make a few more if you don't mind me saying.
OpiumPoppy chapter 1 . 12/24/2011
Wow, that was very well written, I loved your descriptions and your characterisation is spot on! Can't pinpoint my emotion in response to the story but I'm sure its whatever you intended when you wrote it :)
Barcavolio chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Wow.

That's all I really have to say. I finally updated HDISY after, oh, about two years, and was feeling like I'd actually written a half-decent chapter, then I noticed you had something new up... And it's, well, I don't want to say "beautiful", but I eally love the steely, grim, utterly unforgiving tone and the insight into Bamford's mind. Mostly he's just the creepy rat-faced little man in the background, who may or may not be gay for Turpin, and you have made him human. That's a pretty amazing feat, considering he has about ten lines in the whole film :L

So, loving this.
InDeppth chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
i loved this!

sorry it took me so long to R&R :S

it was amazing, you should make a story out of this, like a new one of course but a Bamford fic or something.. i dunno lol :)

3 DEPP
Cytisinth chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
Your fanfic contains an abundance of sordidness, and yet it shines with class. The story is extremely grim and is thus well-suited to the source material-not only because of the subject matter, but because the prose is very detailed and captures the Beadle's point of view quite intriguingly. He's even nastier in your story than he is in the movie or stage show.

I will draw attention, though, to a minor error in one paragraph: no one can actually tell whether or not someone has been penetrated by examining her vaginal cavity. This is merely an old, persistent misconception especially popular in romance novels, though if you were trying to say that Johanna wasn't bleeding or point to the Beadle's unreliability as a narrator, then it makes sense.

Judge Turpin would definitely like JUSTINE. It's the sort of novel he'd not only read for the purpose of arousal but credit with inspiring him to become the person he is today. Beadle Bamford would enjoy it, too.

All in all, this story was a depressing but very enjoyable read.
Slythermint chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
HOLY CRAP.

This is possibly one of the most brilliant ST fics I've EVER read. The voices are spot on, and your narration is breathtaking! It's visceral and romantic and horrifying and beautiful, all at the same time.

I seriously love this.