Reviews for Lesser evil
Lcsaf chapter 30 . 4/4/2012
...whoah...this was seriously amazing. I read it all in one go, because I couldn't stop reading.

Well done and Bravo!
Lcsaf chapter 8 . 4/4/2012
Followed this fic on KLCtheBookWorm's rec, and I'm so glad I did.

For such minor characters in the series, you've given a new insight and history that is both believable and fascinating as well. It makes me realize that every character in the story and every person on this planet, has a history before we meet them at that point in time.

Zero and Cain knew each other before the series, that much is a given. I guess it's given in the fandom that Zero's relish to go after the Cain family was in part due to his pride. I guess we shouldn't be so surprised that Cain was probably a prideful man too, before his time in the suit.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 30 . 2/6/2012
Yeah! We made it! And Jeb made it out with his head intact-ish.

And I think I have to say this is the smartest thing Jeb said in the whole novel: "Area of expertise. If you tell him," a negligent wave indicated the Longcoat general, "with all due respect, sir, but that tik-tok thing here is going to blow up in your face, he at least is smart enough to listen to you. If I say, with all due respect, Your Majesty, but that Longcoat thing here is going to blow up in your face, I get listened to, too."

I hope the lurkers come out and leave a review now.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 29 . 1/8/2012
It always comes down to those pesky noble houses who really want to be in charge themselves, don't it?
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 28 . 1/3/2012
Poor Jeb needs some down time and counseling sessions.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 27 . 12/13/2011
I really can't fault how Zero got revenge there.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 26 . 12/8/2011
"It wasn't my idea! It wasn't, I swear it wasn't!" - Finally the reaction Zero's been looking for.

Sorry about the delay, I lost the tab for a while.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 25 . 11/14/2011
Chemical warfare now. And Zero's unaffected by poisons. Was that a treat from the Alchemists or the Sorceress?
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 24 . 10/31/2011
Okay I'm hoping that the battles between alchemists' goons and Zero's goons results in no more goons left for anybody.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 23 . 10/17/2011
Wow, Zero actually found weapons of mass destruction.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 22 . 10/7/2011
Why do I get a sinking feeling when I count only two rooms? Especially after Jeb corrects that thought?

On the other hand, Zero's leadership/parenting style... *giggle!SNORT* Whatever works, hey General?
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 21 . 9/20/2011
Comment on the rant and Fitzalan's revelations: I've always leaned towards most Longcoats who had enough interactions with the Sorceress either realized she was possessed/flipping insane and were terrified of that insanity biting them in their own butts. Raynz may be the sole exception among the actors with lines.

But I think we can all agree that the witch was batshit crazy, either by toying too much with the Dark Side or spending way too long with only mobats for company in the cave. The plan of tidal locking the planet so the Outer Zone is under an eclipse could only be thought about by someone batshit crazy and who can never think about the needs of humans, included the body she's now in.

Seriously, none of the other countries on the planet are going to travel for a look to see what the hell happened to the day and night cycle? And their spies wouldn't be curious about a tower shooting green energy beams at the moons? (Not to mention how the hell was she supposed to leave the platform without breaking the whole thing? I know Cain and Glitch were turning things off as fast as they could, but there wasn't anything to put the emerald on.) I would hope that the generals would be worried about that before they all got their souls sucked out or killed or something.

Still Fitzalan needs to calm down and realize the Sorceress propaganda worked. She kept promising eternal darkness and the rebels were scared enough of that to stop her.
nightdrive23 chapter 21 . 9/18/2011
I swear you are the first author to mention eternal darkness leads to eternal coldness, thus plants can't survive, food can't be grown, and it would be impossible for humans to survive.

I really enjoy this story, because it gives a bit of a back story to the "bad guys."
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 20 . 8/22/2011
And just when we thought it couldn't get any worse. A decade? And yeah, I'm jumping right for worst case scenario, so far Jeb's luck has only been keeping him alive.
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 19 . 8/13/2011
Zero's scowl had merely changed from someone's going to die for this, slowly and painfully to someone's going to die slowly and painfully if I don't get a straight-forward explanation, now! - It's a perverse pleasure to bring that out in him, isn't it?