Reviews for Redshirt
TotS chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
Sad, but beautiful. I could definitely see this being Jim's reaction. Wonderful job.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
nice. sad. bitter yet sweet.
Irene34 chapter 1 . 3/25/2014
Awsome.
Gonzo76 chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
This is absolutely beautiful.
xheartkreuzx chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
the more I read your stories, the more I am amazed at how truly gifted you are. You have such a beautiful writing style, and I sincerely thank you for sharing your gift with us.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
This is the second time I have read this piece, out of all of your work this is my favourite. The character interaction I feel is spot on the emotion is palatable. Normally I prefer a little bit more medical interventions in hurt comfort genre but you did the right thing for the story anything more would have ruined it!

PH
Jimelda chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
Goodness, this is very well done. I've always wondered how Jim handled the deaths of crew members, and your idea seems both plausible and quite meaningful, because of course these deaths would affect Jim a lot. It was also nice that you threw Bones in there to help Jim out a bit. Excellent work.

Cheers,
Jimelda
Anne Fatalism Dilettante chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
This...this was beautiful.
Aqualily6 chapter 1 . 5/10/2013
Another really good story. Who is PFC Ware?
calliopechild chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Very nice job on this. Chock-full of feels, and a really nice characterization of Kirk. I could see him doing this both to beat himself up and to make sure he really does learn something and maybe ensure that next time he won't lose anyone. Nice fic!
Bluefin chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
This is one of the most amazing fanfictions I've ever read! it's spectacular! Well done. I love the ending especially.
thebondgirl chapter 1 . 1/28/2013
Simply beautiful - poignant, heartfelt, and important. If I could, I would shake your hand for this one.

Words of praise can come across as cheap when they're for a story that surpasses them, so I'll leave off with that. But for whatever it's worth, coming from a stranger, I'm sorry for your loss - whoever Private First Class Ware was to you, they are lucky to have someone like yourself who will remember them.

Take care, and all the best.
Fringereader chapter 1 . 1/6/2013
Lovely and well-written. My heart drops to be reminded of the losses we take everyday. And Archer83, I disagree with the 'redsuit' being a throwaway laugh. That bit was to demonstrate real, unthinking cockiness in someone and to contrast it with Jim Kirk's brave deliberation on how to land on that platform and accomplish their goal. And to give, and to show Kirk taking, immediate command. The Aussie didn't listen to his new, younger commander, and he died.
Jess chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
This is amazingly beautiful. It's a remarkably nuanced vision of Kirk, showing the side that all fans long to see in our favorite reckless Captain. It makes me feel terrible about throwing the term "redshirt" around, actually. :) I don't usually review, but I had to tell you how touching this story is. Thank you.
Crysania Fay chapter 1 . 12/14/2012