Reviews for The Wedding Crashers
queenfirst chapter 12 . 5/1/2016
still waiting on that threesome tbh
rocklesson86 chapter 11 . 4/14/2016
Please make a sequel to this. Maybe have Leah invite the people who had doubts about her to own wedding to show people that she moved on. Have she could marry Cas?.
Wildstar93 chapter 1 . 4/11/2016
Hey Mervin. I read this on LiveJournal...or was that Archive Fiction or whatever? I know I'm posting a review at the start of the story, but I just want to get this off my chest.

I already read the entire thing, and I liked it. I'm not a fan of Supernatural, but I'm glad Dean and Sam brought a little destruction to the Cullen-Black wedding. And especially Castiel's response to Bella's hypocrisy and blasphemy in a certain later chapter.

There is one thing that bugs me, however: Leah's character in two later chapters. In those chapters, she seemed like a damsel in distress who's upset at Dean and Sam for causing trouble at the wedding. Usually, she wouldn't give a pile of camel spit about being worried; she'd go all Toph Bei Fong on them and be blunt with them, saying "I don't like the way you treat me, and if you had treated me right, I'd do the same. But you're all being douchebags, so I'll be a bitch right back". And when Jacob...does whatever and I won't give any spoilers, she lets all the insecurities get into her head. In situations like this, that's understandable, but this is Leah we're seeing here. She's stronger than that.

Though I do like how Leah stands up for herself eventually.

Other than that, I really liked this story. I like how you lampshaded everything wrong with the Twilight series (and Breaking Dawn) in this story, and I'm glad Leah, Claire, Embry, and Charlie are the only likable Twilight characters in this story. Keep up the awesome work!

(Whew...I think this is my longest review ever. I better go back and check.)
Alalaes chapter 12 . 3/6/2016
Holy hell, that was hilarious! Thanks so much for posting this :) I can only hope you didn't need too much trauma counseling after reading all those Meyer books ...
Neleothesze chapter 12 . 2/26/2016
I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. I was cheering the boys on and almost cackling till my throat hurt. Very cathartic. Loved the story!
Kingdomkey202 chapter 12 . 2/19/2016
Holy shit, this has to be one of the best things I've read in a long time! Also, look up the Bayonetta version of "Fly Me to the Moon", and play it while reading the part after the Alpha bond is broken, it makes it REALLY fun!
Meesa Meesa chapter 3 . 2/15/2016
Holy crap was this chapter mind-numbing. Congrats, you hit her style right out of the ballpark. Also, this is the single most hilarious fanfic I think I've ever read, and it's going in all my bookmarks to read and reread. This is my first time through, and I don't think I've even gotten to the good parts yet, and I'm already in love with your story. Leah has always deserved more, really. I'm hoping Cas just did something to Jacob to ruin the Alpha connection, too.
Angelic Lady chapter 12 . 1/20/2016
Great work. I laughed so hard.
ArtofthePlate chapter 4 . 12/10/2015
Thank you for including mustache dad. He is in excellent form, and that small moment after Leah is tugged away when his and Cas's thoughts line up is well played. And Cas in general is wonderful.
ArtofthePlate chapter 3 . 12/10/2015
On one side of things, being able to imitate any writer's unique voice and style so closely is the mark of an observant reader. More power to you. On the other side of things... Meyer.
"As they drew closer, I could tell- that man had no heartbeat." Thank you, Captain Redundant of the S.S. Obvious. Clearly, the hints you gave in your own narrative mere sentences before weren't enough for you.

In terms of that one side I mentioned, this was a well-written chapter. Also, I like that the wolves can sort of sense Cas, and the adgectives you chose to describe it. I got it at the end of The Sorcerer's Apprentice, too, and I liked it a lot.
ArtofthePlate chapter 2 . 12/10/2015
..."Now?"
That was so perfectly Cas, it's hilarious. Brilliant?
Dark-Automaton chapter 12 . 12/8/2015
Holy. Fucking. Shit. That was AWESOME! I cannot even begin to gush about this without sounding like a total doofus (or rather, like that little puppy Seth). This has just made my week! XD
Red Star chapter 12 . 11/26/2015
This is the most brutal takedown of the Twilight Saga that I've ever read. It's hilarious, takes aim at all the right places, and gives respect to characters who actually deserve it. Well done.
No. just no chapter 12 . 11/22/2015
I wanted to like this story, I wanted to like it so much- and for the most part, I did. But it was so goddamn anticlimactic, such a waste of a great plot that I am just way too disappointed so I can't even really like it in the long run. Leah's all geared to get her own back at the wedding only to puss out completely, and even in the end her big moment was fucking ruined by the fact that she wrung her hands through it all and had to be saved like some kind of damsel. She never really stands up for herself at all, and that's such bullshit. What's more, you have the opportunity to have her squad show up all the sparklepires and pups, to show that there are, in fact, bigger and badder things out in the world... and nothing. You have Dean and Sam make comments like they're bitchy teens, have them not actually confront anyone when they're tearing down someone they consider a friend, and even the giant rebellion near the end of the wedding doesn't even actually affect anything, does it? No one actually learns something, not really. Not even something as basic and powerful as fear. Dean and Sam have been fighting against things far stronger and faster than them for over a decade. They have more experience dealing with the supernatural than the wolves, and probably more survival experience than a good number of the wannabe-vamps. Castiel is older than all of them combined. There could have been great interactions with that, with them showing that humans are capable of far more than they'd think, that there is in fact a bigger bad out there than the sparklepires. But what really gets me is that you have it completely detailed that Quil is an obvious pedophile, that Claire was fucking uncomfortable as all hell by him, that 40-something people were killed in the course of the wedding and a bunch of rainbow wind chimes were planning to kill Dean... and they let them all live? Nuh uh. If nothing else, that would never fly with Dean or Castiel. Castiel would never let a threat to Dean live, and Dean would never let something he saw hurting a child stick around to continue doing it. Not without making sure it would never happen again, and like it or not but Quil would definitely be hurting Claire with his behavior.

So... yeah. I could have honestly dealt with Leah being spineless for most of the story if it meant that it had a enormously awesome payoff. But in my honest opinion, I don't think it did. You neutered Leah and Dean and Sam and Cas... for drama, I guess? To make the conflict fair to the Twilight group? I don't know. I get this was supposed to just be a crack story or whatever, but I am honestly too disappointed in it to even like it like that.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/12/2015
I spent the entire story laughing my ass off
455 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »