Reviews for Taking Chances
Genesis Vakarian chapter 1 . 10/2/2014
I loved it and how you made Anya and Marcus come to terms with their relationship in the series.
ScarletDevil1503 chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Tasteful and sweet. Well done!
Kenshin13 chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
There were some minor gramatical errors, but they didn't stop me from enjoying the story. I think it's hard to imagine Marcus in this kind of situation because we are given his rough soldier persona in the games with a few very quick glimpses of who he is behind the wall he's built around his emotions. You dealt with this perfectly, I could definitely see this story playing out, the way you wrote his dialog when he finally decided to tell Anya how he feels was spot on! However, the line "Anya couldn't help but wonder if his broad shoulders ever tired of the burden he seemed to constantly carried," was definitely the one that stood out to me in the story. It's a short sentence, but somehow it's able to perfectly convey Marcus and his place in the world. I haven't checked to see if you've written anything else yet, but I hope you continue on with Gears fics (and as a Marcus/Anya shipper I would hope for more with them) because I think it's a game series that gets overlooked but has some really interesting characters.
o The JUICE o chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Great story! That was very sweet and the end was really funny with the rest of the squad, lol!
bacta.junkie chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
Having read every book and played through every game, I have to admit, you did a fantastic job of replicating the characters. I'm favoriting this.
Ahsoka33 chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
Aw...that was so funny and cuuuuute.
BluePixieOfTheGalaxy chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
hahahaha! I thought it was cute! :D
GearCub724 chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
You got the characters spot on in my opinion. And i liked the place meant in the series of the books, it gave it that sense that it finally just needed to come out (their feelings). Very well written. Great imagery too! i could visualize the characters and their actions through the story fairly well. Thank you and i look forward to more stories by you ].
LifeToDeath chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
LOVED IT!
S-Bumblebee chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I have to say...I really, really liked this a lot :)

I love how you've kept it in Anya's perspective, you've kept that mystery that is Marcus. I feel that you've kept them in character just fine, especially Marcus who I personally find hard to write at times, and Anya is in character as well with how she thinks and how she interacts with him. Plus I found the bit at the end amusing when the others were watching, reading the books you do get a sense that the others are just as frustrated as she is. :D

There is only one thing that bothered me which was that you described Marcus's eyes as dark, unless you mean in the context of his expression rather than his actual eye colour, which is usually described as light blue.

However I think you've done a great job here, and have represented the characters and canon well, I look forward to reading more from you (especially if its Marcus/Anya stuff because I think they are adorable XD)