Reviews for How to Save a Life
Anonymous Skrtle chapter 22 . 7/31/2011
Oh boy... Logan can still die... :(

Hope Logie gets better soon! Really don't want him to suffer anymore! And that tube thingy scares me a quarter to death... :)

Update soon! Love this chapter!
FreakierThanFreaks chapter 22 . 7/31/2011
Yay! He's awakeeee! I love how James just kept talking to him. He is just about the greatest friend I've ever heard of! This is one of the best stories ever, oh my gosh, I love it so much!

I loved this chapteeerr! Pleaaasee update soonn!
LIV3xLAUGHxL0V3 chapter 22 . 7/31/2011
HE'S AWAKE, HE'S AWAKE, HE'S AWAKEEE! :)
MissRoos chapter 4 . 7/31/2011
And I saw you have Tumblr, may I ask if I can have it? I want to follow you
MissRoos chapter 22 . 7/31/2011
omg, he's still alive! I LOVE YOU :3

Sorry for yelling that, but still he's alive 3

I really love this story and I'm reading Head on Collision right now and... adfghjkl I just love your writing. :3

And you're killing me with the Harry Potter reverences, Lily Evans being the smartest six year old. I love you even more.
ILoveBTR4eva chapter 21 . 7/31/2011
SNAPEEEEEE my bb

LOL

Anyways...

HOW DARE YOU WRITE SOMETHING SO AMAZING.

Please, find your heart and put it back in your chest.

I can't even fathom my emotions on this. It's like first you make me cry cause Head On Collision ended, then I click on this forgetting how Logan tried to kill himself in chapter 20, and find out that he is pretty much dead.

DEAD.

This is just not acceptable.

FIRST YOU MAKE JAMES VOMIT :'(

"He died," Kendall went on, still obliviously to James and Carlos.

WHAT? No. I can't even.

AND THIS.

"No," Carlos whispered, his red and swollen eyes filling with more tears. "Kendall, no. Please."

Sad Carlos?

NO ME GUSTA.

But then...

Kendall sat slumped over, his face hidden in his hands while tears continued to flow at a steady rate.

KENDALL, Y U NO STAY STRONG. Kendall isn't supposed to cry. You just can't do that.

AND THEN THE LIFE SUPPORT?

Omg that brought me back to this story I read where Kendall was on life support, and like Mrs. Knight was a total bitch, and pulled the plug -.-

And then Katie and her tears, and the sad Carlos, and sad Kendall, and pale faced Logan, and the tubes and wires, and I JUST CANT DO IT.

If you just heard a loud crack, that was my heart breaking.

OMG iCARLY PUNSS xD

But seriously though...I. LOVE. YOU. THIS. STORY. IS. FREAKIN. AMAZING...Just like HOC which sadly ended :)

Btw I'm pretty sure this is the LONGEST review I have ever left... :D
MissRoos chapter 21 . 7/31/2011
Damn, you know I don't like cliffhangers. And you just go from one to another But I can't complain, I had something too read :)

And about James and Snape, I love them both. James may be a bully when he was younger but he was an amazing father. How many people are willing to sacrifice himself for his wife and son. The moment he shouted 'Go upstairs to Harry!' or something like that, he made his choice. He wanted for them too live, he gave up his life for Lilys' and Harrys'. Just like Snape did, he protected Harry just like his mom and dad if you think of it, but in his own 'Snape' way. :)
Fish Stick Friday chapter 21 . 7/30/2011
Wow! Someone who shall remain nameless is going on a bit of an updating spree. It sure as heck isn't me! Lol. I know what I WANT to update next, and I know what I SHOULD update next. They are one and the same: NWO and ITB. I'll probably do ITB first because I'm in a Cargan mood, and I already know what I want to do with the chapter, and it'll be pretty Cargan-y.

Oh, and to answer your question, I don't like either. I agree. James Potter is a bit of a jerk. As for Snape, I saw The Deathly Hollow Part 2, but I still don't like Snape. (I still haven't finished reading the book yet though. Lol. I'm on page 400 something out of 759. Lol.)

Haha. Poor Carlos. I don't think a pecking order has been established, but I highly doubt Carlos would be second-in-command. "What do we do?" A second-in-command would KNOW what to do. A second-in-command would NOT ask others what to do. I love you, Carlos, but I just don't think you're second-in-command material. James or Logan are more likely candidates.

I love it how sometimes you have the boys shake their heads when they're talking on the phone. It's so funny. It brings out my sarcastic side. It's like, "Yes, James. Mrs. Knight TOTALLY saw you shake your head too!" *rolls eyes*

I gotta admit; "What happened to my son?" WAS really powerful. Like it almost knocked me out of seat it was so powerful.

It's gotta be bad for James in particular because he was the one who was the most suspicious of Logan. He was the one who was right all along about Logan.

This is a little inappropriate at a time like this, but if it were me, even AUTOMATIC doors wouldn't be guaranteed to open for me. Knowing my luck, I'd be standing there bouncing around back and forth, dancing in front of the door to try to get it to open for me. Seriously, the automatic doors at work I swear HATE me! It's like, "Oh. ERIC wants to get in. DENIED!"

Oh my gosh! I remember when I was little, I'd have recurring nightmares of me falling into nothingness. It was like I was in an abyss or something, and there was darkness all around me. I just kept falling and falling, and I was thrashing my arms about. Bracing myself for an impact that never came. I mean you know what they say. If you die in your dreams you die in reality. That's why that's always when you wake up from your nightmares just as you're about to die. Anyhow, I don't know if that's really true or not, but it makes sense to me.

I love how Logan's almost like a damsel in distress. By that I mean that nearly everyone feels a need to protect Logan. That's not to say that he's a wimp or that he's incapable of taking care of himself. It's just...I don't know, but I like it.

I liked how James went through all the stages of grief. My only criticism is it seemed kind of rushed. Like you just glossed over it for the sake of including it. It doesn't always happen in rapid succession. Some stages last much longer than others. Sometimes the stages of grief don't even happen sequentially. For instance, it might go denial and then bargaining. Also, sometimes, people revert to a previous stage even though they have already experienced that stage before.

I liked how you described how each of them looked as they sat and waited.

I also loved how Katie dropped here "pretense" and "cried like the little girl she really was." The show does make her seem older than she really is. The show also makes her seem like such a tough girl. Like seriously, I think the guys have cried more on the show than Katie.

How could you do this to me, Laura? Forget me. How could you do this to Logan? I thought you loved him? You don't do this to someone you love! Before you say anything, don't even give me the pot calling the kettle black, much? bit, okay? Logan's on freaking life support! Are you kidding me? I might not even update my stories now, and I'll blame it on you! I'm SO unbelievably mad at you right now! (Please don't take me seriously. I'm just putting on a show...lol.)

Aw, the Jarlos was adorable!

I loved how Mrs. Knight tried to generate heat and life into Logan by rubbing his hand.

Okay. Your writing is seriously amazing. You know, just in case no one has told you that lately. Actually, a funny thing happened. I got a PM from someone who was a fan of my work. Anyways, this person said that he/she has heard things, and word is that me, you, and CheekyBrunette are three of the best authors in this fandom. That made me happy not only for myself, but for you and CheekyBrunette too. I just thought I'd pass that along.

With HOC wrapped up *sniffles*, this will have to be my sole FFW multi-chapter angst fix! Lol.

As much as I can't wait for the next chapter, I'm also kind of scared by what might be in it.

EPIC chapter, FFW! Look at me busting out the synonyms/adjectives. Lol. XOXO
Anonymous Skrtle chapter 21 . 7/30/2011
Logan died. For a minute. OMG. And Kendall must have been real strong to not totally break down, since he was in the ambulance... Wow...

Please have Logie breathe on his own again! I don't like James feeling guilty or Carlos crying his face off. Don't let Logie die again!

I loved this chapter! Update soon!
FreakierThanFreaks chapter 21 . 7/30/2011
I love how James was so confident about getting him back and how he was so... beleiving, I guess you could say. Point is, he wasn't going to give up the hope of losing Logan - he just couldn't.

Awe, I feel so bad for Kendall to have witnessing his younger brother stop breathing. :( That would've killed me - I'd be in a state of shock for a long timeee!

Carlos is soo sweet! I can't get over how fragile he is in this story! Always crying for his best friend - he is truly the best friend there! They all are - in their own ways. Carlos is just the sweet, gentle, fragile one.

I really hope you don't kill off Logie, cause that would make me veeery sad, and I just honestly don't want him to die...

Well, I loved it - as I did every other chapter. This is truly an amazing chapter and I can't wait for the next! Please update soon! :)

Koda
LIV3xLAUGHxL0V3 chapter 21 . 7/30/2011
If you'll excuse me, i'll be in my newly built weeping corner until your next update :'(
MissRoos chapter 20 . 7/29/2011
HOLY CRAP! Are you fucking kidding me! Damn, I get back from my vacation and this is what I find.

I don't like cliffhangers ;)

But still, I want to read it so bad right now.

I like it, I like it VERY much
Boots'N'Opals chapter 20 . 7/24/2011
Oh my gosh. The intensity in this chapter is crazy. It's so good. I loved it. I can't even wait to see what happens.
Zeoness chapter 20 . 7/23/2011
*rocks back and forth in chair manically*

This story has tugged and pulled at my heart strings so much I've been in tears nearly the whole journey through it.

I just know you'll bring it to a brilliant conclusion and I just can't wait.
WyszLo chapter 20 . 7/22/2011
I'm so conflicted right now. I mean, for the first half of this chapter I was laughing hysterically. High!Logan is just way too much fun. I'm a little sad we only got to see him for one chapter :( I was going to copy and paste highlights until I realized it's pretty much everything up until Logan comes off his high. Laura, I was DYING laughing. Logan is HILARIOUS when he's high! I DIED when he pushed James off the stage. I know it wasn't funny because James got hurt, but I couldn't help it. I laughed so hard. It was incredible.

But then everything just took a turn for the worst. I guess the only real thing I have to say is I understand Carlos and Kendall more than ever, now. Especially Carlos. I think I'd be just as hurt as Bunny is about to be. I used to think his reaction was a little harsh, but now I completely understand Carlos' feelings. Logan's suicide attempt was so... abrupt. I know that it's because he thought they would leave him now that they knew about his problem, but seeing it from the boys' perspective like that, Logan just runs away from them to die. I know it was heat of the moment and he's an addict and not thinking straight, but it would really mess me up, too.

Anyway, I loved this. A lot.

Lauren