Reviews for How to Save a Life
Fish Stick Friday chapter 30 . 12/3/2011
Good morning! I'm still coughing. Ugh! I still don't know whether I'll call in sick or not again today...

Aww! Carlos feels alone? Poor thing! :(

OMG! Carlos getting jealous of Danny is just so precious! Methinks it means that Carlos still cares about Logan! ;)

See? I don't think I could ever get mad at Carlos. I used to think I could never get mad at Logan, but look what happened. But that doesn't make sense because Logan is my favorite character, not Carlos! Darn it, Laura! Quit confusing me!

OMG! Carlos staring at his shoes was so cute!Even when he's all mad and stuff he somehow manages to be adorable!

You and me both, Carlos. You and me both. I never thought Logan would be in a drug rehab center either. And I said I relate to Logan the most...well, at least I have a good head on my shoulders to NOT become a drug addict!

Logan, don't you DARE start being all adorable! I'm SUPPOSED to be mad at you, remember?

OMG! I love how jealous Carlos got that Danny was calling Logan "Logie" when he's the one who came up with the nickname in the first place!

Gah! Then Logan has to hold the door open for Carlos! Stop it, Logan! Stop being all polite and gentlemanly! I can't stand it!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you tell him, Carlos! Show him that his actions have consequences and that Logan has to live with those consequences!

OMG! No! Carlos, don't cry! Logan's not worth your tears! Wow! Did I really just say that?

Aww, Carlos! Kendall doesn't hate you!Or at least he BETTER NOT! Yeah, in case there was any doubt, I'm Team Carlos in this story. Lol.

"I don't deserve you and J-James or Danny.I don't deserve a-anyone." You got that right, Logan. What did you DO? There aren't even words to describe how shocked I am that I'm coming down on Logan so much! Laura, why are you trying to make me hate Logan?

Aw, but I do love it when you refer to Logan as Kendall's brother.

Yes, you DID break Carlos and Logan, Laura! Oh, you and I are DEFINITELY talking about this whether you want to or not! How could you do this to me? How? Do you have anything to say for yourself? Do you think I LIKE hating Logan? It goes against my very nature. How dare you put me in a position where I have to choose between Carlos and Logan! But, much to my surprise and probably yours as well, I choose Carlos.

I'm going to review the next chapter now, and things BETTER get fixed! Do you hear me? Oh, and lovely job by the way. If YOU can get ME to hate Logan, then you must be an uber-talented author! XOXO
Fish Stick Friday chapter 29 . 12/2/2011
Yay! Kendall visited Logan!

OMG! Kendall swinging Logan into his arms reminded me so much of Big Time Crib. I think that was when I first fell in love with Kogan.

Yeah. I agree with Kendall. I'm a Kendall. I'm hurt and disappointed, but I don't HATE Logan. I don't think I ever could hate Logan.

Aww! Carlos has been asking James how Logan is? This makes me all giddy inside! :)

Good gosh, Laura! There the boys go making promises again! One of these days, they'll make a promise they actually KEEP, and I honesty won't know what to do with myself. Lol.

Aww! Logan was Carlos' hero? That's so cute! And sweet!

Well, at least Logan's owning up to what he did...

Aww! I loved how Kendall pulled Logan's head into his chest like his mom used to do with him!

Aww! Logan called Kendall bro!

Yeah, I'm so glad I'm stopping here for the night. It's better than stopping on a depressing chapter! But I really should get some sleep now, so good night! I'll try to finish this tomorrow, okay? I don't work until 7 p.m. IF I go to work tomorrow. We'll see...Excellent work, Laura as always! XOXO
Fish Stick Friday chapter 28 . 12/2/2011
I'm glad Logan told James. Keeping secrets is a mistake. The truth always has a way of revealing itself eventually.

Aww! I love how James tousled Logan's hair!

I'm so jealous that Katie and Kendall get to have Logan as a brother! I have brothers, but I'll probably never know what it's like to have a little brother. And Logan WOULD be my little brother too...

It makes me sad that even in rehab, Logan gets bullied.

I was so hopeful too when Mrs. Knight asked Kendall if there was anything he wanted her to tell Logan. :(

Of course James would point out how Kendall said that Logan IS their best friend. :)

Yay! Kendall's going to see Logan! Wait. What? When did this start exciting me? Aren't I still mad at Logan?

Hehe. I like how you're saving the best for last. Cargan. Carlos is the only one who hasn't come around yet.

Well, I might review one more, but then I really SHOULD get to bed. I'll need all the rest I can get. Hopefully, I won't have to call in sick tomorrow too! Great job, Laura! XOXO
Fish Stick Friday chapter 27 . 12/2/2011
OMG! Moosey! I think I'm going to cry...

*winces* The mental image of the position James slept in...Ouch!

Aww! The Jagan reunion was so sweet! :)

"I thought he could be me when I'm not can keep you company." That has GOT to be one of the sweetest things I have ever read!

"I've never been so lost in all my life, Logan." LOL! Oh wait. Was I not supposed to find that funny?

Aww! Poor James! That's why he sensed something was off with Logan!

"I need my insomnia buddy back..." Okay, James. Quit making me laugh because it's making me cough, and I'm sick of coughing!

Ugh! I hate it when the boys promise each other things in your stories! It's always so foreboding...

Wait, so The Prestige is Logan's favorite movie? Yet another movie I've never seen before.I never said I was a movie buff though...

Yay! Logan likes LOTR!

Speaking of oatmeal, that reminds me. The past couple mornings, I've been putting Mucinex in my oatmeal. I don't know if you knew this about me or not, but I have trouble swallowing pills. So anyways, yesterday it went down on the first try, but this morning, OMG! I couldn't get it to go down. I shrunk it enough from so many failed attempts until it finally, mercifully went down.

The choo-choo train! ROTFL!

*gasps* Blasphemy! How can The Hobbit not interest you, James? I'm disappointed now...

See? THIS is why Jagan is my 2nd fav BTR bromance! Because of your stories like this!

Another splendid chapter, Laura! XOXO
Fish Stick Friday chapter 26 . 12/2/2011
As for your A/N, I KNOW! Weddings are like Valentine's Day in my book; a reminder of what you DON'T have! I mean even at my brother's wedding, I couldn't help but wonder if I'll ever have my own wedding. You know? It can get rather depressing like you said...

I love how easily Logan blushes. It's so adorable! No! I'm mad at Logan! Bad Logan!

OMG! I don't know why, but when you started talking about D.A.R.E., it made me think of something on the paperwork I had to fill out when I went to the doctor today. It asked me if I practice safe sex? Do they not realize what a pickle that puts people like me in? Lol. I initially wanted to say "no" because I have never had sex, but then I realized it would sound like I do have sex, but unprotected sex. But if I said "yes" that would mean that I have sex, which I obviously haven't.

Yeah, not being an addict myself, I guess I just don't get it. How addicts can relapse, that is. Like there's this one character in a TV show I watch who is an alcoholic. She keeps falling off the wagon no matter how many times she gets help, and frankly, whenever I see her fall off the wagon, I feel more annoyed than anything.

My heart aches when I see Logan's reluctance to call Carlos his friend.

Aww! That's so sweet how Logan looks up to Kendall like he would a father figure. But admittedly, it's also a little weird because I mean Kendall is only like three months older than Logan in your BTR universe...

Yeah, I really like Danny. I think he's good for Logan. He says what's on his mind, but without being malicious about it. Plus, this isn't his first time at the rodeo (did I REALLY just say that?), so he possesses almost a sage-like wisdom.

I feel you, Logan. I don't really feel hungry either, but in my case, it's because of my upper respiratory infection.

Now that you mention it, Danny is kind of like a Kendall...

The way that Danny made sure to include Logan when he (Danny) had visitors reminded me of when I first moved to Missouri, and how my brother and (now) sister-in-law made sure to include me when they had "get-togethers" or "social gatherings" (BTR references!). :)

"You'll know when the time comes." Yeah, that doesn't sound ominous or anything...

Okay, Logie, I know I'm mad at you and all, but I don't want you to die, okay? I just want you to get better. I want you to be the Logie we all know and love...

Aww! Danny calls Logan "Logie" too! :)

Thank goodness for Danny! I think I read this chapter before too. *facepalm* Magnificent job, FFW! XOXO
Fish Stick Friday chapter 25 . 12/2/2011
Have I ever told you that I REALLY like the way you write James? I feel like you get him better than I do. Personally, I think I'm best at writing Logan and Carlos. I like how James is willing to admit that he's not without blame. Although I do wish that he wasn't so down on himself.

Yeah, so you almost made me cry there when James was all, "I don't want to leave him...It's not right!"

I couldn't help but notice how Mrs. Knight left out Kendall's and Carlos' name when she said that James and Katie have done so well.

I love the relationship you portray between Katie and James too. I mean on the show, Katie seems closest to James out of her brother's three best friends.

Laura, you're making my heart hurt! Stop it! I can't take Carlos and Logan not getting along even if I do think that Logan deserves it!

I liked how Kendall admitted to himself that he had no clue what to do. I keep forgetting that the Kendall in your BTR universe isn't the Kendall in my BTR universe. Lol.

What is this? You're making me feel bad for Kendall. It feels weird because again, usually, I don't...

OMG! Now I find myself RELATING to Kendall? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

I actually feel like giving Kendall a hug. What the actual heck? Maybe I need to lie down and clear my head or something. Lol.

See Logan? You see how Carlos is? This is all your fault! Look what you did to Carlos, Logan! Poor Carlitos!

Okay, now I'm confused. Maybe I HAVE read this chapter. I just never reviewed it. I remember Danny. Unless there was another fic he was in. But I'm starting to think that I have read more of HTSAL than I reviewed. Not to pull a Logan, but I'm sorry!

One thing I will say about Logan in your stories is he's really polite. Like he thanks people probably more than any of your characters! It's sweet though. However, like Kendall and Carlos, I'm still mad at Logan too!

LOL at your ending author's note! Now Laura, you KNOW how I feel about OCs...but I will say that I think I'll like Danny, and you've proven that you CAN write OCs that aren't one-dimensional, which if there ARE OCs, non-one-dimensional ones are what I like to see...

Yeah, so onto the next chappie! Well done, FFW! XOXO
Fish Stick Friday chapter 24 . 12/2/2011
Okay, so um...this is where I think I left off. I'm so sorry, Laura! Please forgive me! See? I'm TRYING to make it up to you. I'm TRYING to redeem myself here...

Haha, you know what's funny? I can't even remember a time before the puzzle analogy was used for the boys. I mean granted this wasn't the puzzle piece analogy, but you mentioned puzzle pieces, and every time you do, I think back to how you are the one who introduced that idea to me, and now it's all I know. Well, not ALL I know, but you know what I mean...

Wow! Kendall "fell somewhere in the middle"? That was a little shocking to me just because his pigheadedness could lead to him being opinionated, and thus not neutral.

I love how James stared at Logan for a minute when he finally said something to James.

OMG! And you talk about the boys being so broken in BTS! What about in this? You're one to talk, Laura! I hate reading the boys like this!

Poor Carlos! He needs a hug! Can I hug him? I hope you don't mind that I'm sick, Carlos!

I remember once upon a time when I couldn't see past James' shallowness and selfishness. Of course, then your stories (not so much the show) started to change that...

I'm sorry Logan, but what did you expect? I love you and all, but you're a wreck! It makes me so sad to see too...

Ha, and Cheeky had the nerve to call ME a band-breaker-upper in my stories! Where does she think I learned it from? ;)

Logan, Logan, Logan, do you REALLY think "I'm sorry" is going to cut it this time?

Mama Knight is such a good mother! She seems like the perfect mother in your stories, but not in an annoying way like she's portrayed on the show. Lol.

I seriously LOVE the dynamic you portray between Katie and Logan. You are probably sick of hearing me say this, but it makes up for the lack of relationship between Katie and Logan on the show.

OMG! Laura, why did you do this to me? I think my heart just broke when Carlos JUST said, "Bye" to Logan. Where's the Cargan? I need the Cargan! Lol.

Well, this was a depressing chapter! I don't think it's going to get better anytime soon either. We'll see how many more I can review before I go to bed. It's been a long time since I've read this story (this was the first I've read this chapter), but reading it, it was like I never stopped in the first place, which I'm still immensely sorry for. Great work, Laura! XOXO
fawkkes chapter 35 . 10/25/2011
Awww! is it over already? :') Just kidding, it was amazing! So amazing that I didn't want it to ever end! :(

Oh well...

You're a fantastic writer! Keep on keeping on! xDD
RainTastesGood chapter 35 . 9/7/2011
okay... I have many things to say but I don't know how to express them. First of all, I know that you've updated this chapter like a month ago, but I was just scared to read the end. I wanted to read it all alone because I had that same feeling when I attach to a book and just don't want to let it go. So basically I read chapter 34 and 35 with the song "how to save a life" which I hadn't heard before. And wow! It's definitely necessary, it's a whole different sotry without the music. I just don't know how many times I replayed the song, but the last chapter made me cry as you can't even imagine. I was sobing :( haha ... well thank you for giving us (the readers) the opportunity to read such an amazing story.

Beside the point, I study performing arts so I have to prepare myself to cry in 3 minutes, and thanks to this chapter now I know that I can do it. Yay! so thanks.

So that's it, hope you update another story soon :)
valentine142 chapter 35 . 8/21/2011

Logan Mitchell Knight.

I just cannot.

Oh gosh.

I'm incoherent.

It's just so fantastic.
Logies-Girl chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
that was the best ending ur such a creative writer
CandyCane4451 chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
Yay! Happy Ending! it was so angsty lol
CandyCane4451 chapter 34 . 8/21/2011
Ok so yeah my earlier review was kinda stupid i didn't read the whole thing i saw ambulance and no logan and jumped to conclusions sorry i do not hate your story anymore i liked danny tho he was nice
Logies-Girl chapter 33 . 8/21/2011
awwwww poor logie, poor danny, this chapter was just depressing but good :)
Boots'N'Opals chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
*sigh* It's over! I can't believe it!

The ending was absolutely perfect, Miss Fenway. It was just wonderful. My favorite part was Logan asking Kendall about the name change. It was so incredible, so sweet. And it does actually sound really good. :) And I LOVE how Kendall always imagined that James, Carlos, and Logan had the same last name as him. That is so cute.

You concluded very appropriately. This chapter was just enough to finish the story off. I absolutely adored it. Fantastic work, as usual. You have a gift.
451 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »