Reviews for How to Save a Life
Anonymous Skrtle chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
End of another great story! Loved the Kogan bromance at the end!

Great story; you did such a great job on this!

Can't wait for the update son 13 reasons!
Sastiel chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
Okay, I just like died. This was a phenomenal chapter! Logan Mitchell Knight? FUUU! I nearly cried! This was such an amazing story and I wish my writing even compared to yours.

Thanks so much for writing this love! Great job and AMAZING ending!
cryblue2 chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
You did it again! You wrote another incrediable story! Please tell me your in school for writing? And I am sorry I should have reviewed every chapter! But this was amazing you are just really great! You make me laugh cry get really nervous! Everything! And the ending was so sweet I always love when you have enteractions between Katie and Mama Knight with Logan! Really really amaing fantastic adn great job! Thank You!
FreakierThanFreaks chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
I loooooovee this ending! This is officially one of the best stories I have ever read! I love it so much, and I love chapter! Logan Mitchell Knight, it actually does sound preettty good!

I love it! And I love how James and Carlos were there since what, 5:30? Haha! I love those two!

Amazing story! :)
WyszLo chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
Oh good, I didn't like Big Time Wedding, either. I thought I was the only one.

Okay. Laura. I'm very overwhelmed right now. I don't even know where to start. Of course I cried. I was crying throughout the entire thing. The best part was they were all 100% happy tears. No matter what I do, no review will ever be able to do this chapter justice. It's perfect in every sense of the word and I have a feeling that when I try my emotions will be too much and I'll just end up keysmashing. Or I'll copy and paste the entire thing. Or both. Probably both. Oh well, here we go:

1. "A pair of arms was wrapped tightly around his waist and every few seconds, a warm breath tickled the back of his neck where someone had their head buried into his shoulder." KINDLE A;LDSHFIOAH.

2. "Every once in a while, fingers ran through his hair in a caring gesture and finally, when a pair of lips pressed a loving kiss to his forehead, Logan found the nerve to open his eyes. "Mom?" he whispered, sure she would disappear as soon as he spoke." MAMA KNIGHT. Gaaahhhhhhh sweetest thing ever. I love this family. Logan and Mama Knight KILL me. Oh gosh. I'm scrolling through what comes next and my heart is going to explode from love at the two of them. The have the most precious relationship ever. She needs to win mother of the year.

3. "Logie?" The arms around Logan's waist tightened their hold for just a moment and then loosened as Kendall released him and sat up. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" Ahhh, Kendall's super power :) I love it. Protective big brother Kendall for lifeeee.

4. "There was a movement at the foot of the bed and Logan tilted his head just in time to see Katie sit up, her brown eyes wide with worry and sorrow. A wave of confusion washed over him but before he could ask, his little sister crawled over and settled herself between him and their mother. "We couldn't sleep," she said, offering him an explanation. "So we all came in here with you." She looked up at him, her young face aged with the horror of the recent experiences. "That's okay, right?" Laura this just isn't fair. LOGAN/KNIGHT FUSHION-FAMILY FOREVER. a;.

5. "Maybe you should try and get some more sleep, little brother." Little brother. Logan blinked back more tears, wondering if he could ever make it through a day without crying. Obviously not today. He cleared his throat and tried to joke. "I'm only two months younger than you." he said in a false protest. "Mm, but you're what, three inches shorter than me?" A tiny laugh escaped Kendall and he lifted a hand to gently tousle Logan's hair. "I'd say you're pretty little." STOP IT. STOP EVERYTHING. I'M CRYING AGAIN. LAURA, NO. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO RIGHT NOW BESIDES CRY AND CRUMPLE INTO A LIFELESS BALL OVERCOME WITH MY LOVE FOR THIS? FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. FAVORITE. FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW MANY THAT IS. Remember when you sent this to me for the first time and I read it over and over and over again? I think it was the very first time ever you made the "little" brother joke. I died then and I died now. It may have to become officially my favorite thing that you write. Do you know what that means? It means that it surpasses RyRy. And I love Ryan. Ryan is what broke Logan. BUT THIS. LITTLE BROTHER. AL;SKDHFPIAOEHOSFDSII STOP IT FOREVER. LITTLE BROTHER BY ITSELF IS SO ADORABLE I COULD THROW UP. BUT THEN. WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU GO AHEAD AND MAKE THE MOST PRECIOUS JOKE ON THE PLANET OUT OF IT. Kendall even tousled his hair. He tousled his hair, and then "I'd say you're pretty little." DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IMAGE DOES TO ME? I CANNOT. KENDALL/LOGAN BROTHERLY LOVE WILL FOREVER REIGN SUPREME.

6. "He jumped slightly at the sound of footsteps pounding quickly up the steps and then stared in surprise when James and Carlos burst into the room. "What-" he managed to get out one word before both of his friends had him squished between them. "We were waiting and waiting for you to get up!" Carlos exclaimed, pulling away to let Logan catch his breath. Logan looked at Kendall for help but he seemed just as confused. "Where. . . where were you guys?" he asked. James grinned. "On your front porch." he said with a shrug. "When we saw your mom and Katie come down, we knocked and they let us in." GAHHHH ANOTHER FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. The boys really can't get any sweeter, Laura, or I might spontaneously combust before James does. They were waiting outside. No. It's not FAIR, Laura. It's just not fair. It's too cute. I love Bunny's "We were waiting and waiting for you to get up!" It's like our innocent little Bunny is finally back :) I've missed him so much, Laura.

7. "Katie asked again with more patience then people twice her age had. When she received her answer, she handed her mother the milk and then poured Logan a glass of orange juice, setting the carton on the table before impulsively throwing her arms around her brother. She rested her head on his chest, hating how skinny he still was, but smiling when she felt the strong and steady heartbeat against her ear. "I love you," she whispered so only he could hear. "Love you too, baby sister." Logan murmured back, using the nickname that Kendall had always used. "Thanks for not giving up on me." Katie pulled away and smiled at him. "Never." she said, voicing a promise that all of them would keep." A;LKDJSFAPOIHFDADSKLFIUBQEWK;ADLSN. ASHFUKLNQEWHB. AFDSHKQWREGUD. UDGQWE;KSHUGIADFSHOQG. LAURA I'M CRYING AGAIN. LOGAN AND KATIE. LOGAN AND KATIE. LOGAN AND KATIE. HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE LOGAN AND KATIE MOMENT OF ALL TIME. FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. AND. HE. CALLED. HER. BABY. SISTER. Excuse me, I'll just be in the grave you dug me weeping to death from my happy tears. Don't worry if I start throwing up, it's probably rainbows or whatever other glorious things this chapter has given birth to. Maybe unicorns as well. And glitter. The image of her throwing her arms around Logan, her BIG BROTHER... oh my gosh and then the private little "I love yous" are enough to kill me on their own. The "baby sister" is just THE THINGS I AM FEELING, LAURA. This was perfect.

8. "Does July 28th ring a bell, Logan?" Oh my gosh I forgot you did this, Laura. I can't believe these two things were combined into one chapter. And I started crying all over again here because it meant so much to me.

9. "I miss them," Logan says softly. "Yes, both of them. Kendall, my dad used to be a great person. He wasn't-" "He nearly ruined you." Kendall disagreed." The eternal haunting of RyRy :) I will always find joy in it -shot shot shot shot-

10. "And when my dad stopped. . . being a dad, I always had Carlos' father." PAPA! -heart-

11. "Kendall, I want to change my last name to Knight, is that okay with you?" When Kendall didn't answer him right away, he babbled on. "See, I'd like to keep my original last name because it was my parents' and they're still a part of me. I'd change it to Logan Mitchell Knight. But only if you're okay with it. I asked you before Mom or anyone else because. . . I just thought it seemed right." APODFHAOPIFJADIOSFHASDIOFH FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. JUST... EVERYTHING. The fact that Logan wants to officially be a "Knight." The fact that he asked Kendall first. The fact that "Logan Mitchell Knight" just sounds perfect together. EVERYTHING.

I just. Wow. I can't believe this story is over. And this chapter dear Lord... it truly is a work of art.

WyszLo chapter 34 . 8/21/2011
akldhfoauhewiofajd KENDALL AND LOGAN .

1. "Kendall missed his brother's voice." Oh. Laura. Come on, now. This entire chapter was just full of cheap shots.

2. "Kendall had an extraordinary amount of patience." Lol since when? Juuuust kidding :) I'm proud of him.

3. "Carlos was simply determined to be his best friend matter what. He didn't care if he sat and talked to Logan for twenty minutes and sounded like he was only talking to himself. Logan was alive and that was absolutely enough for him." fsasdtakdjsalhk BUNNY. Oh my gosh, Laura. I think I gasped haha. This was... I don't even know. I was prepared for the heart-breaking maturity, but THIS? Oh my gosh Bunny stop. "Carlos was simply determined to be his best friend no matter what." I think that's one of the most precious and beautiful things you've written. FAVORITE. -heart-

4. "Most bizarre of all was probably James. The one who had continually held them together for so long was finally falling apart at a dizzying rate." Bizarre? I'd go with standard haha. -shot-

5. "Carlos gave him a brave smile and a mock salute. "Yes sir," he said, having no intention of taking Kendall away from Logan unless it was without a doubt necessary." Oh look, a double whammy. 1. Bunny being heart-breakingly mature. 2. I love it when the boys willingly defer to Kendall as the leader.

6. So, I was trying to copy and paste something from Carlos' conversation with James, you know the one where our little innocent Bunny grew up and had all of the answers? Anyway, I realized that I would actually just be copying the entire thing haha. Laura. That was a shining moment for Bunny. I am so, so proud of him. As bitter sweet as seeing him act mature is, I really loved it. Four for you, Carlos. Four for you.

7. "Without a word, Logan let Kendall lead him out of the therapist's room and down the hall to the elevator. He trailed after his brother like a lost puppy and obediently sat down in the arm chair once they reached his bedroom." I know it's supposed to be tragic... but I kinda really loved this -slapped- I will never get over how completely willing Logan is to follow Kendall, whether it be literal (like now) or figurative. Also, you said "his brother" and called Logan a lost puppy... so, you know.

8. "More that we. . . complete each other? Or is that too gay Tom Cruise?" Hahaha I laughed out loud at that. :)

9. "Logan's first word in over a week and it belonged to Kendall alone." FJDGSDAFKJSDHFSDJDA. FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE. -heart-

10. "What is it, bro?" Nails in the coffin, Laura. You already killed me.

AKLDSHFPUADHFJADHSFUASDIJF AND NOW I'M GOING TO GO READ THE BEST MOST EPIC CHAPTER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF FANFICTION.

musicfreak1107 chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
Awwwwww! I LOVED this chapter! All the Kendall/Logan moments were so cute. And I also loved how Logan wanted to change his name! :)

I'm sad to see the story end. But, great job on it! I loved it, and I have especially loved the last 10 or so chapters!

Can't wait to read more of your stories :) :)
WyszLo chapter 33 . 8/21/2011
Oh wow. You were right, this was angstier than I was prepared for. I loved Danny. I'm so sad he's gone :( He really was wonderful.

My highlights, and it's not surprising:

1. "Kendall moved than, embracing Logan and holding him close. Everyone else seemed to be struggling with their emotions. Relieved that Logan was alive, and yet learning that the young man who had saved him, was gone. "Logan," he said softly as Logan began to cry quietly. "I'm so sorry, buddy." Logan shook with a sob and returned the embrace, clinging to Kendall like he was afraid that his brother would leave suddenly as well." I LOVE that Kendall is the only one to really get a response from Logan. I know that Logan answered James' question, but only Kendall got Logan to really react. This line was my FAVORITE haha: "clinging to Kendall like he was afraid that his brother would leave suddenly as well." It's my favorite for multiple reasons. 1. Because Kendall is back to being Logan's main source of strength and comfort. 2. Because it said "his brother." 3. Because it makes so much sense. Danny had been rehab-Kendall, and now that he's gone naturally Logan would fear for his real Kendall, no matter how ungrounded the fear.

2. "They sat on the church steps and Kendall held Logan as he cried. Once again, Kendall didn't know what to say or do but it was clear, even though he still had yet to speak, that Logan wanted him there." A;LDKFJADHF. AOSEUPOIFAPS. NNNFAPSDHFAUSHDF. GADJSHDFET. ALKSDJF., ALSDK. THE BROTHERLY LOVE LAURA I CANNOT.

Now, I will float off to C34 on my Kogan high.

CandyCane4451 chapter 33 . 8/21/2011
I am crying my eyes out! Ican't even finish the story! it's sooooo terrible why why why why why did you kill logan i can't stand it ugh this sucks the story was good I like loved and hated it then you killed logan so now i just hate it
togetherwecouldbealright chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
AWWWWWWWW, YAYAYAYAY3 happy endings ftw. 3 great chapter, great story, just amazing overall. 3
squoctobird chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
This has been a great story. You always do so well with angst and tragedy. Now that it's finished I can't wait to go back and read the whole thing over again.

And I've noticed you like to do sequels/alternate endings so let me throw this idea out there... I'd totally be interested in reading a fic about a relapse.
Glee Clue Rock 1251 chapter 35 . 8/21/2011
That was great
Boots'N'Opals chapter 33 . 8/21/2011
OH MY GOSH, I'M SO SAD! D': It's written SO well though. It was scary at the beginning when you made us think it was Logan though... :) Good job on that part. It's a challenge to write something like that without giving anything away and you did it flawlessly. Excellent work. :( Now I see why you had to wait to update TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY. :) Poor Danny. I loved him... :(
Logies-Girl chapter 31 . 8/21/2011
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW carlos took logan back yay i nearly cried i know im a sook so sue me
Logies-Girl chapter 30 . 8/21/2011
wha-huh-why carlos certainately has to forgive him soon enough
451 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »