Reviews for Now That I'm Older by Adela
Swallow B chapter 2 . 2/14/2011
I was really disappointed when I saw this was the end. I absolutely loved it. You didn't repeat yourself, the story just went a little further, which is what a good sequel does. Tell Adela to keep writing exactly the way she does. People all over the world love her stories about Stephen and Miranda.

Minerva sings. Interesting idea. I had never thought of that.

Severus surprised me, both in the scene with Pr Sowinski (great name) and in the end scene, but I think, given the circumstances both times, it was not out of character. We just never get to see him happily in love and he did need to get Adela's mind off witchcraft.
Chemistress chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
*Squee* - did you hear me all the way over the ocean?*LOL*

I can't review the whole chapter right now (have to go...), but you had Minerva join a chorus ! Everything about it (Pop initially wanting Stephen to join for his voice *gg*), having to audition, the concert costumes (Miranda just 'changing her regular clothes by wiggling her nose *LOL*), the party afterward - I have to tell you, you sound like you have plenty of exposure to these procedures...
Tchitchina chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
I really loved this chapter! Ah Snape! He's the best heehe

Crookykanks chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
Oh dear, not complete already is it? But I was so enjoying everyone. I have to mention how wonderfully developed "Dad" and "Pop" are. one of the foremost reasons I so enjoy your writing is the detail you plan out for each characterization. It's what 9to me) keeps your Minerva and Severus so flexible, yet in character, your Adela so enchanting and her world so appealing and believable. I do hope there's more on the way since I still want to know what happened to Minerva that she became so sick, why they're debating leaving and if Adela ever proves that there's something really special about her neighbors. :)
antioxidants help your heart chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
Now that Adela is older my love for her has only grown. I'm so glad she's back and written a sequel! I am also glad that she is still young enough to believe in nap time, which is, of course, important for the ag├ęd and infirm.

I don't know how I missed this before, what with all the descriptions of old houses and working at universities (and also, the possibility that it was straight out mentioned), but it took me reading "Sanders theater" to realize exactly where Adela lives. I'm not crazy, am I? Because I've stood in that theater and watched a several christmas concerts given by a community choirs. It's a beautiful, beautiful building. Or this could be some sort of coincidence.

Anyway. I was very glad to see Adela again.

Anti
moira of the mountain chapter 2 . 2/13/2011
Waaahhhh - it's not over, is it? I adore this story... makes me giddy as a 13 year old just to share her enthusiasm, even for a little while.

I ADORE the line about being allergic to anythng with the word "community" in it. Himself though I'd lost my mind because I was laughing so hard.

The Sultan of Sarcasm - the essence of Severus in only four words. BRILLIANT !

Oh, and I love the gentle reminder of Hogwarts - that Severus wore the Slytherin "muffler" - see, dear beta, I do remember - although of course from an American girl's standpoint it's a scarf.

And that kiss... gods above, every woman should be kissed that way by someone who adores her...

Nappig are they? I think not... however "between the sheets" they might be.

This chapter quite clearly declares FIN but I'll hope for more from our lovely girl... she's a delight - I can't help but wonder if she's not just a wee bit fey.
Future Starkid Member chapter 1 . 2/11/2011
I absolutley love this story! When you were done with the first one, I would always chech every few days to see if you had sequel. Is Adela ever going to find out the truth? You don't have to tell me how, or when, but I ust want to know if she does.
Oh-Johanna chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Yay another story! PLEASE say you'll update soon. I love this series
the real snape chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
I adore that clever child. To find out all by her own that it must be all about wicca!

/wicked witches on brooms with pointed hats/ Adela is perfectly right; no-one in their right mind would believe that. When a witch wants to be wicked on a broomstick, a pointy hat is the last thing she'd don. Ruins the aerodynamics completely. Ask Rolanda. Ask anyone.

/It did sound like typical Stephen, and I felt a little better./ Great line.

Even though I know what'll happen, I look forward to the next installment.
Chemistress chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
:-)) I found this just by chance - what a nice story for the end of the day...although I have to say that I don't like it at all that you found it necessary to make Minerva this sick: and no Poppy around *really, Kelly, you had me worried!*.

The complete "outsider's look" at them is so entertaining again, and the juvenile wisdom *gg*, and the Pop versus Dad characterizations *LOL*... I am looking forward to next Sunday!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
What a lovely surprise. I am so glad you wrote a sequel. Adela's voice is perfect, so sweet. I love reading stories about Muggles' views of wizards. Of course, they're Wiccans.

I would love to see that welcome-home card.

Very much looking forward to next chapter.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
I really liked it! Can't wait for the next one :)
Tchitchina chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I really like this sequel! Adela's point of view is such a nice idea, I'm looking forward the next
Dormantness chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Yay-I'm so glad that you have started the sequel as I really enjoyed the previous part of the story. I wonder how much Adela will find out...Great chapter, please update:)
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
I love the sense of breathless, headlong rush about the writing in this piece - just the way a girl of that age would tell the story - wanting to make sure you know EVERY detail - I atually found myself inhaling chunks of the text - with a certain sense of OMG what's happening, what's going on?

(Good work, Kelly - since you KNOW I'm not usually the OMG sort of person...)

I greatly appreciate also your keen but understated perceptions of issues such as the rights (or lack thereof) of gay couples in our medical system - and the misconceptions so many people have regarding the practices of wicca or other pagan spiritual paths - something I'm gaining more and more personal knowledge of...

The gentleness of Severus and Minerva towards one another is deeply touching as well. I'll be eager for the next "report" from our eager young writer !
31 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »