Reviews for I Am Your Slave
cmr2014 chapter 1 . 3/27
The Sith are very intriguing to me. I think one thing I like about them is they're not very pretentious. Yes, they will betray. They come right out and admit it.
There's something nice about somewhat who will stab you in the front.
Also, the Rule of Two seems made not just to allow the functionality for Sith to operate, but - if you overcome your master by being...well, I guess smarter than him, though that's not the word I'm looking for...then you're that much harder for *your* apprentice to beat, but the rule specifically states the apprentice must find a way to overthrow the master, so it just feels like the Rule of Two is designed to guarantee the evolution of the Sith, each master a better Sith than the last.
And suddenly I wonder what kind of master Vader would have been if Luke had turned, and what kind of master Luke would have become. And then it occurs to me Palpatine was one arrogant schmuck, if he expected Vader and Luke to fight it out for the right to be apprentice instead of joining up to overthrow him and become the *new* master and apprentice. But none of that is pertinent, so never mind.

The Sith are one extreme. The Jedi, with all their self-righteous flaws, another extreme. It makes me wonder why no one seems to have ever developed a middle path.

Which brings another thought - maybe the Sith are needed just for the sake of balance. Look how pompous the Jedi got when they thought the Sith were dead and gone. Maybe they need the Sith just to keep themselves in check, constantly making sure that what they're doing is right.

This was a very good story, it just made my thoughts ping all over the place. I apologize for a non-constructive review.
Kenn.Faith.Dawn chapter 1 . 9/17/2016
awesome story, any chance of a sequel where Maris joins forces with Starkiller (not knowing who he really is) when he returns to Felucia to save Bail Organa and the two of them join the upstart rebellion?
Bushwah chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Her fate is a dark one.
Skywalker195 chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Interesting, I hadn't pictu as actually seeing her master die to lead to her fall, as not only would that have been dangerous, but she most likely would have tried to fight him. It's an interesting idea though, and I'd love to see more.
TheFreelancerSeal chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Well done first off. I've played a bit of Force Unleashed, but never managed to finish it. If I had, I probably would understand the scene more. Even so, it was very well written, the battle. And you did well in capturing Maris's hope fading and then returning only to fade again. As I read it, I kept hoping Maris would interviene, even though he shouldn't, almost like you almost wanted Luke to kill the Emperor in RotJ. But anyway, back to the story. The only things I have to critique are mechanics if you will. Maybe it comes from having a picky spell-checker on my own, but one of your sentences isn't really complete, and one word was misspelled: "An otherwordly prophecy of my own fate." You did misspell 'otherworldly' and it isn't a complete sentence. Still, even with these it's a very well-done story. Keep your eyes out for these little things though because other readers notice them. ;)