Reviews for Legends Never Die
Cerulean.Phoenix7 chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
What an incredibly poignant piece. I love how you write the Doctor in this; he's so thoughtful and caring.

It seems fitting for Janeway to have died in the line of duty; that's where her place will always be it seems: on the bridge of a starship. I also loved that there was a ship named after her, a truly fitting way to state that "legends never die."

It's a truly saddening notion to see the Doctor have to watch every one of his comrades die to mortality, and even lose his own holographic love to the tides of time. I can only imagine the loneliness that he must feel.

It's fitting that this would be his time and that he would choose to deactivate himself; Janeway told him to take care of the others, her crew and he's done that. I think that this really brought the Doctor's fate full circle and it worked well.

Lovely work filled with emotion, well done :)

CP7
lindleya1 chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I was reading this last night, and was browsing some songs on youtube when I came across what I believe is a perfect song for this story. Frank Sinatra - My Way.

My interpretation.

Adam
AccountKiller129 chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
you really have a knack for drama and philosophy I see :)

very interesting question here again! what to do with eternal youth? It almost seems like the Doc was condemned to imprisonment and everyone else was free to go.

I like this one a lot too, keep it up!
Lancereign chapter 1 . 9/11/2009
I have to admit, I've never been a fan of Voyager, but the Doctor was always one of my favorite Trek characters, thanks to the always excellent Robert Picardo.

This was a great short story. Well told, insightful, thoughtful. In my own opinion, the Last Great Doctor Tale.

Great job. :-)
Era Yachi chapter 1 . 7/4/2008
It was very good...moving, even. You got into the character's mind without a glitch (no pun intended). But there was one thing that made it not touch my heart the way I wanted it to...

You wrote 'Computer, deactivate the EMH'. The Doctor says this all the time during the series-that only temporarily deactivates him until he reactivates at his own convenience. It would be 'Computer, delete the EMH program', if he chooses to erase himself entirely. I'm not a trekkie...but the Doctor's a favorite character of mine. :) Well done, anywhow :)
Geek Squared 1307 chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
This is so sad it made me cry! I think you did a great job, both with the story itself and the writing.

G.S.1307
Courtlynn D chapter 1 . 2/19/2007
This is a really beautiful story! It is wonderfully written. I give it a hundred out of ten.
Kirmon64 chapter 1 . 1/2/2007
You know what? You actually made my cry reading this, and let me tell you, it's not often that I'm moved that much by a fic. This is going on my favs list, no doubt about it.
Wuppie chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
I loved it...maybe you should write a sequel where the doc's code is cracked...in the year 4500 or something :D
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
I feel sorry for the Doctor, all alone with no one left for him to care for. It almost made me cry. Thank you for posting it.
RTds9 chapter 1 . 11/13/2004
The Doc Rocks and was one of my all time favorite Star Trek there with Sisko,Scotty and was a nice touch to see how and if the doctor would want to end his life and go be with his friends.
The Libran Iniquity chapter 1 . 10/9/2003
Very, very touching and incredibly sad. Quite amazing.

TLI
MarieChristine81 chapter 1 . 9/18/2003
Very well written. I like the perspective that you bought to the character. Very well done!
Salamander chapter 1 . 10/25/2002
*sniff* sooooo sad *sniff* but very very good! :)
Monomania chapter 1 . 9/18/2002
The Doctor is one of my favorite characters, and you definitely did him justice with this. It was just... awesome. I can't say anything else.