Reviews for The Stereotypical Tuba Player
Strange
Strong
Gross

Female tubas:
Tend to be pretty (me excluded)
Funny
Strong
Occasional tomboy
Tired from having to deal with the boys
WTF chapter 2 . 9/24/2014
I a 5'1" 100lb female tuba player, and a skinny Asian with a temper and a very flexible middle finger.
Zsugami Alba chapter 4 . 7/18/2014
I'm a female tuba player and I am actualy a competant musician. I GOT A SUPERIOR RAITING AT STATE SOLO COMPETITION! I've also played an arangement of Teenage Wastland on the tuba, have participated in Tuba Christmas for three years, and would like to play O' Fortuna and Mars: bringer of war before I graduate.

TUBA BEATS ALL!

Except my flutist friend who rides horses and can kick my butt.

-ZA
hanniemay18 chapter 3 . 3/7/2014
Some tuba players can keep time ya know...
hanniemay18 chapter 1 . 3/7/2014
I'm the only tuba player in my grade, and I happen to be a girl. It's a lot of pressure, and I'm really shy so I usually end up hiding behind my tuba. I'm only eighty pounds, but within a few weeks I learned to carry an instrument that weighed about as much as me. If you're in a band, don't think the tubas have it easy, because we don't.
trulyabandgeek chapter 4 . 12/4/2013
These reviews SUCK. I don't care that some tuba players are idiots. I AM A GIRL. I PLAY TUBA. I WAS THE FIRST ONE TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IN THE KEY WE WERE PLAYING IN. STOP HATING!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/6/2013
Uh what is this nonsense?
a-really-uncreative-name chapter 3 . 12/12/2012
I can keep time, but I'm a female tuba player... But oh my god this is more true than it should be halp...

I CAN keep time, and I'm sure SOME male tuba players can, even though the four I know can't really do it all that well.

You should do a chapter for female tuba players :D
Guest chapter 4 . 9/1/2012
tubas rock i ony weigh 100 and i still got first chair out of five Go female tubists
Guest chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
there is a male tuba player that i really hate. he cant even handle quarter notes in 4/4. He is a year older and has been playing , me and the guy a year younger play circles around him on harder stuff. the tuba player a year younger always makes fun of me. guys are jerks and why does the only female tuba player (me) play the full-size? trumpet players (and guys) suck
Guest chapter 4 . 2/14/2012
I am a female tuba player, and I think I rock at it. Tuba is no harder than any other instrument, you just need strong lungs, the male tuba players aren't like this, except Tony. I must dissagree with the view on female tuba players, I am the only one, but I try to shut up usually, I'm a bit messed up in the head and don't want the school counseler to find out, id rather not take pills or go to an asylum, my crazy is in check
Guest chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I have to say, our male tuba player is an ass. And trumpet players be damned, except for Glenn, he's okay. I feel sad that almost half of these apply to me. I do love to argue with Will and Josh (trombone players) even though I frickin love those guys and hate those snobby trumpet players the woodwinds are pretty cool, but I'd love to knock Anissa over. I don't like the percussionists and megan plays when Mrs. G is trying to help peopl. I hate her and her trumpet.

-a female tuba player
Teddy chapter 4 . 11/25/2011
OKAY!

So um NO!

I've met quite a few tuba players - marching band, drum corps, tuba christmas, and other band activities. And, of course, myself.

I have NEVER met a player like this. And why are we bashing on each other? The band (in my state at least) is the group that gets made fun of a lot. We need to stick together :(

Come on guys, give the tubas, piccolos, flutes, saxes, trumpets, and all the other instruments some love!

(Okay but seriously here, y'all need to get off your high horse. Because most people that do stuff like this are awful players. From my experience of course.)
HerpDerp chapter 4 . 9/1/2011
I love how every...single...ONE of these DON'T apply to the three tubas at my school...me being one, of course.
TubaiOrNotTubai chapter 4 . 5/13/2011
Um...female tuba player here...while I must admit a lot of these are true we do have good qualities! And tubas play more then "bomp BOMP bomp BOMP" unless you're band director is a flute/trumpet play originally. (The flutes/trumpets are cool too but they ALWAYS make sure to pick the most BORING songs for tuba!) You have to remember that piccolos are used to playing those things, if a tuba player isn't getting challenged in class then something you think is easy will be hard for them because flute/trumpet band directors pick quarter note quarter rest patterns to much!

Sorry that's just my own feelings...feel free to disagree :)