Reviews for Talrega's Respect
Rosage chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I thought this was a sweet fic with a peaceful mood, and enjoyed how you tackled Jill as Talrega's leader. You got her work ethic and care for her country down, and I liked the detail about how she'd rather rule as one of them than as a person over them. It suits her nicely.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
Short and sweet. I like that even ten years down the road, they're relationship still plays out well. They've settled down more than what it was before (but in a good way). I don't have much else to say, but that it made me smile and that I liked how you showed Jill (as someone part of the community rather that someone above it).
wolfraven80 chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
I love how you carried most of this piece with dialogue and just a few details here and there. It's a great little vignette post-game Haar/Jill. I enjoyed it. :)
Myaru chapter 1 . 3/4/2011
This is a really sweet snapshot of Jill and Haar as they might be after the game. Their interaction felt genuine, comfortable, like they've been together and on equal ground for years. One of the things that usually turns me away from this pairing is the seemingly vast inequality during PoR, which admittedly is my most recent playthrough - I don't recall how they interacted in RD, actually. So I like the way the power dynamic has been balanced.

I also like that they're working - literally - to reconstruct Talrega, and that they're still doing it after what seems like years since the war. It hints that maybe they're just building fences and gardening now, but last year they were still rebuilding houses or irrigation canals, things more integral to the people that were destroyed during all the fighting.

Also, it's so cute that Haar is foregoing sleep for her. XD That's love, man. True love.

For Haar. :P
Marius Sidorov chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
A short and wonderfully poignant piece - very well done. The quote you included at the beginning was a nice touch as well and helped to establish the background of the piece.

If anyone it is Jill who is deserving of Talrega's respect. Very nice job.

-Marius
Trevor X chapter 1 . 2/9/2011
:D

Not very wordy today. Have a comp (finally) so I can give you this smiley face as a review! Looking good!
IsanTheWizard chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
That was just...cute :)
Xirysa chapter 1 . 2/7/2011
C: I'm loving everyone's ideas for this prompt. Makes me wanna write one toooooo.

Old Haar. ;0; That's very sad. I mean, IIRC he's rather old when compared to the rest of the cast, but still.

So even though this is very obviously about Jill, somehow I think that it was actually Haar who made this piece work so well, in his quiet acceptance of everything, you know? So even though the prompt is about a "Woman King", we now learn that behind every badass woman is a [somewhat less] badass man, ya? XD I kid.

So even though the word count was so few, I'm really glad that I can see something shorter from you. Really-a lot of the poignancy I got from this had to do with the length, and because it was so short it really gave that sense of impact.

And yes. That's really all I have to say now. Awesome job, friend!

[Xirysa]
cazcappy chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
hmmm you look new. Though you've already written over 300 stories !_! yeah I know it's you kittenkisses though nice new name and profile pic. Jill and haar keeps looking better with you and kittykatloren...anyways this one was nice...if you want to check out my story Dawn of Destiny as well feel free...tis not Jill/Haar but I think you'll like how I characterize Jill and well I'm rambling now but just a thought...can't wait for your next story.

the guy succumbing to the dark side with jill/haar and cookies,

cazcappy
kittykatloren chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
They *would* have a hell of a lot of work to do, taking care of Talrega.

[Though it's not a new thought, it still comes as something of a shock, and for a frantic moment, she tries to remember how old she turned on her last birthday.] Ah, poor Jill... well, poor Haar too, he's the one almost 50. Strange thought! But I like how Jill mini-panics and then just accepts it and can smile at him, just move on. Her maturity is very clear in this fic. Not that she was immature in the games, just more naive. Now, with all the responsibility of governing Talrega, she's really grown.

Jill's garden! I remember when we talked about that. Gardening would be such a nice hobby for her.

This was so nice to read! I really am getting spoiled by writing all the silly, funny Haar/Jill stuff. I need to get back in to their more serious/contemplative sides too.

- Kitty