Reviews for Its Eyes Were Jewels
allessandramari chapter 53 . 11/26/2017
Excellent story. A very nice return to the 9th pass. I'm choosing to believe she impresses the new queen and the mating flights will be handled diplomatically. Again, thank you for your vision of Pern and the smaller cot holder's lives.
Pern Dreamer chapter 53 . 10/18/2017
Oh, what a wonderful story! I love seeing characters grow after major setbacks. Must admit, I wonder if she impressed. But it really doesn't matter - she will be OK either way.

Any chance of a sequel?

Thank you for sharing!
dinopoodle chapter 54 . 10/6/2017
I am very interspersed in a new story rewrite from you! Please keep up the hard work.
A.the.great chapter 53 . 9/21/2017
Brilliant!
artri chapter 53 . 9/3/2017
Thank you for the ending. As you say the voice changed but it has also matured. Sorry it took so long to finally read it but as you have experienced life happens and I am only now catching up. I had left this as I did not want to rush it and it was well worth the wait. Thank you again and if you rewrite it I would be delighted to read it again.
Guest chapter 53 . 7/4/2017
I would LOVE a rewrite of this. This was an amazing story and a rewrite would only make it better, I'm sure. I am confused as to whether she impressed or not, but Z'den was extremely well written. I have checked this many times in the past two or three years and it was more than worth the wait!
MaritimeBlue chapter 48 . 5/20/2017
I'm going back a few chapters so that I can add another thought to my previous review of the last chapter. I just reread the ending, and I have to say that there's something about this story that really sticks out to me. This is something that I'm trying to explore in my own writing, because I don't often see it addressed. Canon Pern makes it clear that queens prefer girls from outside the weyr, but Pern is pretty far from enlightened, especially outside the weyrs. How is a subservient holder girl supposed to make the dramatic transformation required of her to become a Weyrwoman? Is the position of gold rider really functionally reserved for daughters of Lord Holders who had an appropriate upbringing?
What I love about Elrenia is that she does it. All questions of trauma aside, she starts out as a shy holder girl, and she changes over time into someone who is ready to Impress a queen and step into a junior leadership position where she can continue to grow and mature. Sure, you could put her on a different color, but there are so few stories that credibly show how holder-girl-into-weyrwoman could happen.
Alexis Bell chapter 53 . 5/19/2017
I'd definitely like a rewrite. I enjoyed the original and it's concept,but i can see some flaws that need to be worked out and the story did verge a bit too much on Melodrama to the point where sometimes it broke me out of the story.
It would be interesting if Elrenia was a green rider, as I've yet to see a story where an OC rides green and greens are underrated.
Glass Dragon's Rose chapter 53 . 5/10/2017
Yes please let all of us know if you decide to rewrite this to AO3. I waited years to see the ending. I am so glad she killed that SOB. With all that happened to Elrenia, how she came into her own, I would have loved to have seen her ride green. It would solve her dilemma of being in love with a brown rider and I feel the greens are severely underrated. Mirrim rides green and runs Eastern with her weyrmate, bronze rider T'gellan, and gold rider Talina. Bronze rider, F'lessan fell in love with green rider Tai and they both went to Honshu. Times would he changing for all of them within the next few years in the Pern universe. Loved the entire story, very well done.
Cynthiahw chapter 53 . 5/1/2017
I am so glad that you came back and finished this work. Should you do a rewrite on AO3 please let me know. I would love to read it too. I have enjoyed reading this story, it was one of the first that I started reading after finding and joining this site.
wendums chapter 53 . 4/30/2017
Nice to reach the end and although rushed I feel you may be back with these characters when you have more time. Thanks
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 53 . 4/21/2017
Interesting conclusion though I do wish you'd at least given the gold a name and shown the actual bonding. Other than this a nice close to this story. Thanks for your hard work on it, I hope we'll see other stories from you along the way.
Specky Clarke chapter 53 . 4/20/2017
A most excellent story. A little confusing at times but I am glad I found it and I congratulate you on a very good ending. My commiserations for your life imploding, it has happened to me so I know how it feels.
dorothee chapter 53 . 4/19/2017
Thank you for finishing the story, it was well worth the wait :-)

I hope all's well with you now, bright blessings to you and yours
MaritimeBlue chapter 53 . 4/19/2017
I'm terribly sorry that life went so far sideways for you, but I'm ever so glad to see you back, and very glad that you were able to complete this journey. It was a story worth finishing, at least for us readers, and hopefully for you as the writer as well! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for returning to finish it out.
If I could ask, though... PLEASE, what is the name of Elrenia's queen? :D