Reviews for Pay it Forward
Me-Nuriko chapter 12 . 4/25/2011
That was a nice epilogue. A rounding up where you could see Gonou in Hakkai.

Gonou beyond saving, yes maybe. Gonou went berserk and nothing Jien had said could have stopped that. But, Hakkai was born from the ruins, like a Phoenix, and maybe there were some seeds from Jien's teachings that helped him become this new man.

And the thoughts about Gojyo, nice almost cute.

Very interesting and unique fic.

Again, sorry for vanishing like this. I didn't mean to abandon you or your very good fic.
Me-Nuriko chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
Oh. Kanan. You made her dysfunctional like Gonou. I never thought of it that way before. Hakkai's polite mask, always talk about her in a way that makes one believe she was a very normal person. But if she was like Gonou, well, we all knew what happened.

And two kids of that kind, no, I can see that it is a bit too much even for Jien.
Me-Nuriko chapter 10 . 4/25/2011
I'm sorry it looked liked I had vanished from earth. I have not, but RL has been, let's say turbulent the last months or so.

Anyway, your story: This chapter is a lesson in reality. You can do this or that, with different consequences. And Gonou is more or less forced to listen and think, even though he believes he already knows it all.

Jien is an angel who has the patience to deal with that child.
laurose chapter 12 . 3/15/2011
Just excellent! (Yes, the chapter *and* the whole fic.)
Attiqah Gensui chapter 11 . 3/14/2011
Oh.

Oh. Its gonna end soon? ;A;

I've been enjoying it a lot so far and I see what you did there with the limiters.
Novocain chapter 11 . 3/13/2011
Ahahaha yeeeees! What a wrench- out of nowhere, and of course we knows where it goes but NOT REALLY. Ack I'm really excited. Looking forward to the next installment!
laurose chapter 11 . 3/10/2011
Great last paragraph! It *should* be canon.

How Jien recognised the coming disaster, too.

(Any fandom would be glad to have you, but I hope you don't leave Saiyuki entirely.)
Sweetheart Ninja chapter 10 . 3/7/2011
This is one of the few stories that I have set up to give me alerts on updates. When I get that message on my phone I get very, very happy! Great story, well written, and so original. I look forward to how this develops. Thank you for writing it!
laurose chapter 10 . 3/7/2011
All kid handlers should read this fic!

I'm sure the best learner will learn soon enough to sit through the ninety nine per cent twaddle to get the needed one per cent. Another good point is the way, though you concentrate on the Gonou interaction, you make it clear Jien's watching all the children.

I like your Jien the more I read of him. I assure you, his handling life competently without dramatics (excepting vegetables) doesn't make him uninteresting.

(Sorry, missed the chapter title.)
Me-Nuriko chapter 9 . 3/4/2011
I must just say; You told me you think Sanzo is the scariest in the group. And then you go write a conversation between Gonou and Jien, where Gonou is so very, very scary and so very, very Hakkai! Your own writings make me hold on to my opinion that Hakkai is the scariest. *shiver*

Well, Jien could do well to think a little before he starts something. Especially with tiny but scary Gonou.
laurose chapter 9 . 3/3/2011
Well balanced short paragraphs, and I do admire that bit about Gonou handling the flashing blade.

Really good about forming animal youkai, and dark youkai trees. I'm sure Jien can be trusted to be smacked for looking dim, rather than actually being dim (if he believes Catholic prayers work).

And a good chapter title.
Me-Nuriko chapter 8 . 2/28/2011
Yeah, I can see that kind of laugh, too, when you tell me. _

Wow, Jien letting Gonou trying the limiters! That is new! I've never read a fic or a discussion that takes up the topic of what happens if a human put on limiters. You surprised me there. Points again. _

I also liked the Eldest Sister's hidden smile, how Gonou slammed the barriers up and become Mount Cho again, and his question "Will it involve watermelons?" I guess that means I liked everything.
Me-Nuriko chapter 7 . 2/26/2011
Oh,dear. He's not easy to please, that one. Not that anyone thought it would be easy, but I think Jien thought he had come further in his dealings with this unreachable child.

It was unexpected, Gonou laughing at the "evil watermelons", but I can perfectly see it. Very sad that he just can't allow himself to show it in a normal way. Whatever kind of laughter it is - an angry laugh (don't make fun of me), a superior laugh (I see through you, you are not fooling me), a happy laugh (you made me happy but I am not about to let you know, or even allow myself to recognize it), or some other kind of laughter, he should let it out.

No, Jien. In Gonou's eyes you can't teach him to be himself, be in control of himself and live his life to the fullest, if you don't do it yourself. Limiters do limit you. You should have thought of that, but then who can predict this child's reactions.
Novocain chapter 7 . 2/25/2011
God, I hadn't even realized my of reviewlessness. Do I feel like a dick or what... Anyway, this is an excellent piece. I've never seen Doku so well characterized, and kid!Gonou is incredibly believable. You've really nailed it- the sense of humor especially is brilliant. I perk up whenever I see this in my inbox and never postpone reading it. Thank you for its existence!
laurose chapter 7 . 2/24/2011
Whether you're responsible for the senses or not, you're responsible for showing them to us.

Thank you. (And in escellent prose.)

And the young girls are much more charming than finfic's young girls normally are.

A very good cliff hanger. Hurry up and get us off it.